Cobra Kai new karate kid series on youtube

• PLEASE check any bookmark on all devices. IF you see a link pointing to mandatory.com DELETE it Please use this URL https://forums.hfboards.com/

holy

Demigod
May 22, 2017
Same. Excited for season 5.

They managed to take such a niche concept and make it perfect nostalgia watching for the age 30 to 50 demographic without losing much steam yet
Nice username. I was thinking of Conor McGregor and looked at the name and now I am spooked.

Amazing Kreiderman

Apr 11, 2011
Man, Larusso is such a whiny brat still. "You didn't win the right way" when Sam won her semi final choosing Eagle Fang attack over Miyagi-Do defense.

4 seasons in, and I still root for Johnny Lawrence. Nothing has changed.

I didn't mind it too much, although it would have been better to have an 80s band or someone like Peter Cetera singing Glory of Love.

They had Dee Snyder last season to appeal to the older generation. This was a smart move to draw in a younger audience. I'm not a Carrie Underwood fan so I skipped through the song but I understand why they went for it.

hoglund

Dec 8, 2013
Canada
Man, Larusso is such a whiny brat still. "You didn't win the right way" when Sam won her semi final choosing Eagle Fang attack over Miyagi-Do defense.

4 seasons in, and I still root for Johnny Lawrence. Nothing has changed.

They had Dee Snyder last season to appeal to the older generation. This was a smart move to draw in a younger audience. I'm not a Carrie Underwood fan so I skipped through the song but I understand why they went for it.
I think labelling Daniel a "whiny bratt" is a bit harsh, but what I find great about this series is for 3 seasons you feel like you want to cheer for Johnny because of learning his history and the hard luck he's had since the 1984 movie. I think this is the genius of the series is it makes the viewer debate which chatacter to feel for.

Pranzo Oltranzista

Oct 18, 2017
I think labelling Daniel a "whiny bratt" is a bit harsh, but what I find great about this series is for 3 seasons you feel like you want to cheer for Johnny because of learning his history and the hard luck he's had since the 1984 movie. I think this is the genius of the series is it makes the viewer debate which chatacter to feel for.

I too like the fact that they have many gray characters, Hawk's arc is all over the place, and now they even made me like Tory, who I thought was a terrible character (Stingray is still absolute crap). Even Kreese looks like he'll have his moment. I stopped caring about anything story-wise right at the school brawl in season 2, it's just pure dumb (and nostalgic I guess) fun.

Reactions: Duke74 and hoglund

gswift

Mar 27, 2013
I wonder if they'll ever get Hilary Swank (aka "The Next Karate Kid") in this series.....

WeThreeKings

Demidov is a HAB
Sep 19, 2006
Halifax
Any idea of what the ref did to ensure Cobra Kai won? Was it the out of bounds point nullification or not disqualifying for the elbow?

alko

Oct 20, 2004
Slovakia
www.slovakhockey.sk
I wonder if they'll ever get Hilary Swank (aka "The Next Karate Kid") in this series.....

Or maybe this guys:
220px-Karate_kid_ver2.jpg

It could be also interesting to see some actors, that were considered for LaRusso character:
Sean Penn, Robert Downey Jr., Charlie Sheen, Jon Cryer, Emilio Estevez, Nicolas Cage, Anthony Edwards, C. Thomas Howell, Tom Cruise, Eric Stoltz and D. B. Sweeney.

NyQuil

Big F$&*in Q
Jan 5, 2005
Ottawa, ON
Any idea of what the ref did to ensure Cobra Kai won? Was it the out of bounds point nullification or not disqualifying for the elbow?

My understanding is:

Silver is quite adamant that Torri commit a foul again because "he was certain they wouldn't award the championship based on a technicality" after the initial elbow. Even though she didn't, she realized why he was so sure about it afterwards when she saw them in the room later on. Although, it didn't occur to me about the out-of-bounds thing, and whether failing to see that was on purpose. That's a good catch.

So it's not clear to me whether she won unfairly, or whether she was simply made aware that Silver had paid off the ref and that's why he gave her that advice, which she didn't take.

Pranzo Oltranzista

Oct 18, 2017
My understanding is:

Silver is quite adamant that Torri commit a foul again because "he was certain they wouldn't award the championship based on a technicality" after the initial elbow. Even though she didn't, she realized why he was so sure about it afterwards when she saw them in the room later on. Although, it didn't occur to me about the out-of-bounds thing, and whether failing to see that was on purpose. That's a good catch.

So it's not clear to me whether she won unfairly, or whether she was simply made aware that Silver had paid off the ref and that's why he gave her that advice, which she didn't take.

I thought it was pretty clear she won unfairly with the out of bound - that was an obvious point to Sam and we were to understand why the ref ignored it.

WeThreeKings

Demidov is a HAB
Sep 19, 2006
Halifax
My understanding is:

I thought it was pretty clear she won unfairly with the out of bound - that was an obvious point to Sam and we were to understand why the ref ignored it.

Thanks guys, it does look like it was the out of bounds point then.. because Silver did say to the ref that he thought he was going to go back on their deal.

Mr Jiggyfly

Jan 29, 2004
Or maybe this guys:
220px-Karate_kid_ver2.jpg

It could be also interesting to see some actors, that were considered for LaRusso character:
Sean Penn, Robert Downey Jr., Charlie Sheen, Jon Cryer, Emilio Estevez, Nicolas Cage, Anthony Edwards, C. Thomas Howell, Tom Cruise, Eric Stoltz and D. B. Sweeney.

I’m hoping they bring back Dutch.. maybe he’s the mystery guy to help with Cobra Kai that Silver mentioned.

NyQuil

Big F$&*in Q
Jan 5, 2005
Ottawa, ON
I’m hoping they bring back Dutch.. maybe he’s the mystery guy to help with Cobra Kai that Silver mentioned.

A lot of people think it will be Mike Barnes from KK3.

Mike-Barnes-The-Karate-Kid-Part-III.jpg

It sort of makes sense if circumstances make Kreese into a temporary ally against Silver. Silver will need someone on his side.

Amazing Kreiderman

Apr 11, 2011

In the match between Tory and Devon, Tory was given a point despite landing a hit on Devon after Devon stepped out of bounds. Then in the final, Sam hit Tory before going out of bounds, but the ref called "no point". Those 2 decisions both went in Tory's favour.

Reactions: NyQuil

Mr Jiggyfly

Jan 29, 2004
A lot of people think it will be Mike Barnes from KK3.

Mike-Barnes-The-Karate-Kid-Part-III.jpg

It sort of makes sense if circumstances make Kreese into a temporary ally against Silver. Silver will need someone on his side.

Just read McQueen’s daughter tweeted he won’t come back so… oh well.

hoglund

Dec 8, 2013
Canada
I'm only on episode 4 of seaon 4, but I heard that Tori's mother is Julie from karate kid 4. Julie was the main character played by Hillary Swank who was being trained by Mr. Miyagi. This is only rumours, so I don't know if it's true.

Mr Jiggyfly

Jan 29, 2004
I'm only on episode 4 of seaon 4, but I heard that Tori's mother is Julie from karate kid 4. Julie was the main character played by Hillary Swank who was being trained by Mr. Miyagi. This is only rumours, so I don't know if it's true.

Hillary Swank was asked if she’s coming back and she seemed to hint that she was, but that’s just my take.

Forget what her quote was. But it was something along the lines of “we will just have to wait and see.”

RM said that anyone who interacted with Mr Miyagi was canon, like Julie, but Jaden Smith and Jackie Chan were not.

The producers were equally coy, so I suspect she will be back:

Cobra Kai Creators Address Potential Hilary Swank Appearance

Last edited:

NyQuil

Big F$&*in Q
Jan 5, 2005
Ottawa, ON
I saw Hillary Swank making out with some dude on a hike on Kauai.

I walked by with my wife, and some other guy close behind us, and as we went around the turn, I paused and the guy looked at me and said: "Hillary Swank?" and I was like "Hillary Swank."

She was shorter than I expected.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad