Cobra Kai new karate kid series on youtube

• PLEASE check any bookmark on all devices. IF you see a link pointing to mandatory.com DELETE it Please use this URL https://forums.hfboards.com/

Mr Fahrenheit

Valar Morghulis
Oct 9, 2009
It is pretty simple to understand.

You think Miguel winning is ridiculous because he is fighting people with years of experience.

I am saying that you must hate the original because Daniel had no experience and beat Johnny who was a seasoned champion.

The tournament in season 1 was basically a retell of the original story but with a different outcome. Miguel won with a cheapshot. No mercy, just like Johnny taught him... and he wins against Johnny's son. It made Johnny realize that he might be not teaching the right things to kids he genuinely grew to care for. That's the story and the story makes a lot of sense narratively. It is really all that matters.

The fact that Miguel has no experience is just a sports movie trope. It is always like that. Little Giants beat the Little Cowboys. Ducks become champs when they could barely skate half way through the season. Daniel beats Johnny in KK1. Robbie has no experience either, btw. Neither would even be allowed to compete against black belts in real life.

So, my point is that you must hate a lot of sports movie if you really care about Miguel winning being ridiculous. It is ridiculous in real life, yeah. It does not matter at all in the context of the story. I mean, only Robbie going to juvie for the fight at the end of season 2 is ridiculous too. Heck, the whole feud is over the top and cheesy... and that's why the show is fun.

I dont care about Karate Kid 1, never brought it up, never compared, never anything. Why in the hell do you keep bringing it up. And no you cant compare black belts, who takes years of training to reach, to 10 year olds in team sports, that would be dumb

Lshap

Hardline Moderate
Jun 6, 2011
Montreal
I dont care about Karate Kid 1, never brought it up, never compared, never anything. Why in the hell do you keep bringing it up. And no you cant compare black belts, who takes years of training to reach, to 10 year olds in team sports, that would be dumb
I suggest you re-read what @Scandale du Jour wrote. It's crystal clear to everyone else. Either respond to the actual point or don't, but please don't reply again about how you never mentioned KK1.

holy

Demigod
May 22, 2017
Just binged all 3 seasons and then this thread. What kinda nerd talk did this thread turn into though? Less talking, more fighting.

Reactions: John Price

NyQuil

Big F$&*in Q
Jan 5, 2005
Ottawa, ON
Season 4 is available now.

Watching the first episode of the new season and it's so entertaining to watch.

I've only seen the first so far, but the bit with the waxing the cars had me dying.

Also when Silver was like "I spent six months bullying a teenaged kid, it doesn't make any sense!" as like a wink wink to the audience about how badly Karate Kid III was written.

Last edited:

Amazing Kreiderman

Apr 11, 2011
I've only seen the first so far, but the bit with the waxing the cars had me dying.

Also when Silver was like "I spent six months bullying a teenaged kid, it doesn't make any sense!" as like a wink wink to the audience about how bad it was written.

I love callbacks like that. They aren't hiding it at all, and it makes watching it more fun IMO.

I just finished the season, and might re-watch in a few weeks. It's so easy to consume.

holy

Demigod
May 22, 2017
I love callbacks like that. They aren't hiding it at all, and it makes watching it more fun IMO.

I just finished the season, and might re-watch in a few weeks. It's so easy to consume.
So easy to digest my bowels have not looked this good since I binge watched the first 3 seasons.

I’ve never even seen any of the OG movies and I love it.

TB12

Apr 5, 2015
I hate that I like this. I’m absolutely hate watching the new season but I’m riveted and enjoying the shit out of it. Even though my eyerolls/60 is at an angle time high.

JackSlater

Apr 27, 2010
Really enjoyed the fourth season. It really hasn't lost much steam for me even four seasons in with what is seemingly a very thin premise. Well executed stuff and I still enjoy all the callbacks and pretty much every time someone is brought back. Looking forward to the fifth season.

Reactions: holy and TB12

NyQuil

Big F$&*in Q
Jan 5, 2005
Ottawa, ON
I hate that I like this. I’m absolutely hate watching the new season but I’m riveted and enjoying the shit out of it. Even though my eyerolls/60 is at an angle time high.

It works because the audience is in on the joke and the show doesn't take itself too seriously.

The premise is absurd so the show just leans into it.

"Really? A timer? Seems a little dramatic don't you think?"

A lot of little fourth-wall winks to the audience.

I am not exposed

Mar 16, 2014
Vancouver

Also when Silver was like "I spent six months bullying a teenaged kid, it doesn't make any sense!" as like a wink wink to the audience about how badly Karate Kid III was written.

Same here, and I thought that bit was great. Completely ridiculing himself for that plotline.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad