Cobra Kai new karate kid series on youtube

• PLEASE check any bookmark on all devices. IF you see a link pointing to mandatory.com DELETE it Please use this URL https://forums.hfboards.com/

TD Charlie

Sep 10, 2007
Do most of you binge watch the whole season in one or two sittings? Personally I only watch 1 hour per week and plan to finish it in 5 weeks. Do you think that binge watching is better than spreading it out over a few weeks?

I would have watched a full season in 2-3 nights, but the lady had other plans. She held us to 1 episode per sitting, sometimes 2. It was kinda like a night time ritual once the kids went to bed and we settled in. I dont have the willpower to do this ever again, but it was a more enjoyable ride stretching it out this way

Reactions: hoglund

TD Charlie

Sep 10, 2007
I thought Season 3 was far better than Season 2 (they did the right thing by taking out that Stingray sillyness), but I don't think they can get back to the nostalgic impact of Season 1. Nice try here with the Okinawa episodes - best part - but the whole Season felt like a bridge to Season 4, with no real storyline apart from the return of Miguel.

Man did they lucked out that the three returning young girls from the original movies all became gorgeous women well in their 40s (Yuna) and 50s (Kumiko and Ali).

Honestly, ALL of the adults aged so freaking gracefully. Let's give the guys some credit too. Larusso, Johnny and Kreese all look great too.

TD Charlie

Sep 10, 2007
I love the series but I think Season 4 should be the last one. It loves to touch on the old Karate kid movies with reminiscing but with the Okinawa storyline exhausted, there's not really much more reminiscing that Daniel can do other than bringing back Terry Silver and Mike Barnes, which I think will happen in Season 4.

As for Johnny, I’m not sure where his storyline will go but have some thoughts on how it should end (spoiler below). I don’t think Ali Mills will feature prominently in season 4. What I do hope is the two karate dojo uniting as one at end of season 3, quickly splits again at the start of season 4. Johnny and Daniel works better as rivals rather than friends.

Thoughts on how I think the tournament will go in season 4 (& how the series should end):
-The final will be Robby Keene (Cobra Kai) v Sam LaRusso (Miagyi Do).
- Dias will fight in the tournament but get eliminated early as he is still not 100% from his injuries.
- During the fight Robby will get an early lead on Sam (Probably 2-0)
- On Kreese advice he will order Robby to finish it by fighting dirty (sweep the leg part 2)
- In following Kreese advice Robby hurts Sam and loses a point
- With seeing Sam hurt and having flashbacks of the brief time they were together as boyfriend and girlfriend, Robby will show some mercy to Sam and as a result, Sam fights back and wins the tournament.
- Kreese is enraged by the compassion shown by Robby which leads to another confrontation in the parking lot after the tournament (Kreese breaks Robby trophy)
- Seeing this Johnny steps into protect his son Robby which leads to another fight between Kreese and Lawrence (Kreese breaks his hands again in the car window)
- Lawrence wins the fight and finishes it with a Miagyi style with a honk of the nose.
- Series ends on a heartfelt moment with Kreese taken to jail, Robby seeing the error of Kreese ways reconciles with Johnny and the two live together as father and son and train together at Eagle Fang Karate taking over the former Cobra Kai dojo.

This is all pretty fantastic, but I think the chick from the Camp Kikiwaka show on Disney (I forget the name, she's the bad ass Cobra Kai chick that roughs up Sam) will still play the antagonist role for Sam.

The "main event" if you will, should be Bob Keene vs Miguel. It has to be. Let Robbie injure Miguel early in the fight with a cheap shot, then cut to Sam/Daniel/Johnny and their disappointment. Seeing them is what knocks sense into Robbie and he apologizes to Miguel during the next break. The outcome of that fight ultimately doesn't mean anything story wise, as the rest plays out exactly as you have it.

I must admit though, I had to suspend a lot of disbelief for the character choices of Robbie and Hawk. I really hated almost all of their decisions through 3 seasons, right up until the most recent payoff that is. It was well worth it.

John Price

Gang Gang
Sep 19, 2008
I've got about 7 episodes to go in S3 but I am convinced this is the best television show ever aired in the history of TV.

Some may criticize the acting but the storylines and characters are great

I admit I did not have high hopes for this in the beginning when this show first came out ("Who wants to see a show about Cobra Kai, weren't they the bad guys") but the view from the other perspective is pretty interesting. The best thing is how they illuminate character's backstories (i.e. Kreese before the military). Also the show isn't just about Cobra Kai but LaRusso's life. I really really like this show

John Price

Gang Gang
Sep 19, 2008
I like the show overall but one thing bugs me. After the big school fight, the parents are outraged and want the whole karate thing shut down, only to find out the next day all their kids are back to karate practice lmao.
I'm confused how a fight could happen in the first place. Schools these days have cameras everywhere. No one would throw a punch without it being recorded and teachers immediately interfering to break it up (at least in a rich kids school like "West Valley") Yet they fought for like 10 minutes before one teacher shows up that later says "they don't pay him enough to do this shit."

The best part was probably Stingray though :laugh: They worked a 20/30 year old neckbeard into a high school party and school fight :laugh:

Jan 9, 2007
Australia
I really like this show. I don't quite know how to spot it genre-wise, but it is fun TV.

A few thoughts on Season 3.

- I think the way they brought Ali back was very well done. Probably wouldn't change a thing about that.

- I am totally down with the competing dojos element of the show. There is a point though where it can get into the unbelievable. The fight at school in season 2 was just right. I can see one unhinged jealous badass picking a fight and it spiraling out of control.

The breaking into Daniel's house and having a full on raging glass shattering fight where actual violent outcomes are intended is too much to me. As is the Kreese attempting to kill Daniel with a piece of glass.

I know those who disagree will chalk it up to 80's schlock, but it doesn't fit in the world of the TV show, to me.

John Price

Gang Gang
Sep 19, 2008
I started watching Friday and finished all 30 episodes just now. I am convinced this show is the best show ever. It is masterfully done.

I am very eager to see S4.

Reactions: I am not exposed

John Price

Gang Gang
Sep 19, 2008
I really like this show. I don't quite know how to spot it genre-wise, but it is fun TV.

A few thoughts on Season 3.

- I think the way they brought Ali back was very well done. Probably wouldn't change a thing about that.

- I am totally down with the competing dojos element of the show. There is a point though where it can get into the unbelievable. The fight at school in season 2 was just right. I can see one unhinged jealous badass picking a fight and it spiraling out of control.

The breaking into Daniel's house and having a full on raging glass shattering fight where actual violent outcomes are intended is too much to me. As is the Kreese attempting to kill Daniel with a piece of glass.

I know those who disagree will chalk it up to 80's schlock, but it doesn't fit in the world of the TV show, to me.

- I was hoping he would reunite with Ali but I guess he isn't interested for now

- Be curious to see what happens with the truce and how long it lasts

- I didn't see anything wrong with those. I did have a problem with the school fight due to lack of believability, again cameras everywhere, school would have broken that up way faster than that lol

John Price

Gang Gang
Sep 19, 2008
After going back to read a few pages a few thoughts

- S2 isn't as bad as everyone says it is. S1 is good but S2 improves on that IMO with the use of Kreese more and S3 is pretty good too. I think the series overall got better when Kreese was more involved.

- Yes there are a lot of heel turns but it shows indeed that the characters are flawed.

- S3 is very good especially with the flashbacks.

The criticisms of the show (very minor)

- During one or two eps in S2 they repeatedly flashed "Product advertising in use" like we know, we can see the Post Shredded Wheat and the KFC and the Coors Banquet, you don't need to explicitly inform viewers of this

- Is it just me or do you just skip the previews at the end? S3 discontinued them (watched S1 and 2 on Youtube premium which I had inadvertently resubbed to, was on hiatus for a while)

Jan 9, 2007
Australia
- I was hoping he would reunite with Ali but I guess he isn't interested for now

- Be curious to see what happens with the truce and how long it lasts

- I didn't see anything wrong with those. I did have a problem with the school fight due to lack of believability, again cameras everywhere, school would have broken that up way faster than that lol

I just felt like there is a big difference between a school fight getting out of hand and a crazy karate teacher sending his soldiers out to kill or maim the "enemy". A successful businessman like Daniel would, at some point, just go the lawyer way.

Reactions: SpoolCat

John Price

Gang Gang
Sep 19, 2008
I just felt like there is a big difference between a school fight getting out of hand and a crazy karate teacher sending his soldiers out to kill or maim the "enemy". A successful businessman like Daniel would, at some point, just go the lawyer way.
they tried to get the cops involved but Kreese put out a restraining order on Amanda LaRusso :laugh:

Canes

Oct 31, 2017
An Oblate Spheroid
Just a fun show. I was surprised by how much I like it.

Johnny's message to Ali was hysterical if you actually read it.
AND THEN IN 1992, IRON EAGLE 3 CAME OUT. YOU KNOW WHAT? I DON'T CARE WHAT THE CRITICS SAY, I THOUGHT IT WAS PRETTY GOOD. NOT AS GOOD AS IRON EAGLE 1 AND IRON EAGLE 2, BUT HEY, WHAT MOVIE IS? I THINK WAYNE'S WORLD WAS THAT YEAR TOO. THAT ONE WAS OKAY. THOSE NERDS HAD GREAT TASTE IN MUSIC, AND THE CHICK WAS HOT. WHAT WAS SHE DOING WITH HIM? HOW COME THE HOT CHICKS GO FOR THE LOSERS IN THESE MOVIES? ANYWAY, OTHER THAN THAT 1992 WAS A PRETTY QUIET YEAR. GOT FIRED AGAIN, BUT WHAT THE HELL DO THEY KNOW? I DIDN'T LIKE CONSTRUCTION ANYWAY. THEY ALL SPEAK SPANISH AND I'M PRETTY SURE THEY WERE MAKING FUN OF ME SOMETIMES. DO YOU KNOW WHAT A "GRINGO" IS? I STARTED LEARNING A LITTLE BIT OF SPANISH FROM MIGUEL AND HIS FAMILY. I KNOW "HOLA", "PLANTAIN", "TACO" AND "DINERO." PRETTY GOOD, HUH? WHERE WAS I? OH, RIGHT, 1993. THERE WAS THAT DINOSAUR MOVIE. PRETTY GOOD FOR THE NINETIES. I MEAN, NOT ANYWHERE NEAR WHAT WE HAD BACK IN THE DAY. REMEMBER PREDATOR? THAT MOVIE WAS BADASS! THIS DINOSAUR THING WAS PRETTY COOL BUT TOO MUCH SCIENCEY STUFF FOR ME. I GUESS YOU PROBABLY LIKED THAT THOUGH, RIGHT? I MEAN, YOU'RE A DOCTOR NOW. I COULD NEVER BE A DOCTOR. NOT AFTER THAT INCIDENT AT COMMUNITY COLLEGE (I TALKED ABOUT THAT A COUPLE PARAGRAPHS AGO, DOES FACEBOOK LET YOU GO BACK AND REREAD?) STILL THINK THEY OVERREACTED. ALL THE GREAT SCIENTISTS SET THINGS ON FIRE, RIGHT? LIKE EINSTEIN OR WHOEVER. ANYWAY, 1993. DUTCH GOT ARRESTED. THAT ONE WAS PRETTY STUPID. I WAS DRUNK FOR MOST OF IT, BUT I'M PRETTY SURE HE HOTWIRED A GOLF CART FROM THE COUNTRY CLUB. I LOOKED UP FROM THE BAR AND DUTCH IS DRIVING THIS THING AT HIGH SPEED, OR I GUESS AS HIGH AS SOMETHING LIKE THAT CAN GO, AND CRASHES IT INTO THE POOL! THEY HAD TO BRING A CRANE IN TO GET IT OUT. HE DID SOME TIME BUT IT WAS WORTH IT! ANYWAY, I DON'T THINK I'VE BEEN BACK TO THE COUNTRY CLUB SINCE THEN. SID WON'T LET THEM BAN ME BUT THOSE GUYS ARE ALL UPTIGHT, AND THEY ONLY SERVE FOREIGN BEER. IT'S OFFENSIVE. WE WON TWO WORLD WARS DRINKING AMERICAN BEER. WHAT THE HELL HAS BELGIUM EVER DONE EXCEPT GET INVADED? WHO WANTS TO DRINK THAT SHIT? I THINK I GOT OFF TOPIC AGAIN. LET'S GET BACK TO THE MID-NINETIES. 1994 WAS A SLOW YEAR. THE NINETIES SUCKED, MAN. YOU TURNED ON THE RADIO AND IT WAS JUST CRAP. WHO WRITES A SONG ABOUT BEING A LOSER? AND ALL THOSE GRUNGEY TYPES WITH THE FLANNEL. LET ME TELL YOU MUSIC IS SUPPOSED TO BE ABOUT BEING BADASS AND AWESOME, NOT ABOUT WANTING TO KILL YOURSELF. THAT SHIT CAN'T BE GOOD FOR KIDS TO HEAR, RIGHT? LOOK AT ME, WORRYING ABOUT WHAT THE KIDS ARE HEARING. I GUESS BEING A PARENT CHANGES YOU. NOT THAT I'M ALL THAT GREAT OF A PARENT. WELL, MIGUEL SEEMS TO LIKE ME OKAY. ROBBY DOESN'T, I MESSED THAT ONE UP PRETTY GOOD. CAN'T EVEN GET THE KID TO TALK TO ME ANYMORE. HE'S STUCK IN THERE FOR A FEW MORE MONTHS, AND HE'S GOT NOBODY. HE WON'T TAKE MY CALLS. I HOPE HIS MOM IS TALKING TO HIM AT LEAST. I THINK IT MIGHT BE TOO LATE FOR ME AND HIM. I MESSED UP TOO MANY TIMES. NOT THAT I'M A TOTAL SCREW UP. I'VE DONE SOME GOOD STUFF TOO! WHICH BRINGS ME TO 1995 AND HOW I MADE TWO GRAND BETTING ON THE OJ TRIAL.

John Price

Gang Gang
Sep 19, 2008
fkn88isaavd61.jpg

I am not exposed

Mar 16, 2014
Vancouver
"WE WON TWO WORLD WARS DRINKING AMERICAN BEER. WHAT THE HELL HAS BELGIUM EVER DONE EXCEPT GET INVADED? WHO WANTS TO DRINK THAT SHIT?"

:laugh:

Damn right. Belgium beer is so overrated!

Johnny is the hero this world needs!

Canes

Oct 31, 2017
An Oblate Spheroid
I mean his whole message is full of gold but other than the OJ reference this is probably my favorite:

I MEAN, YOU'RE A DOCTOR NOW. I COULD NEVER BE A DOCTOR. NOT AFTER THAT INCIDENT AT COMMUNITY COLLEGE (I TALKED ABOUT THAT A COUPLE PARAGRAPHS AGO, DOES FACEBOOK LET YOU GO BACK AND REREAD?) STILL THINK THEY OVERREACTED. ALL THE GREAT SCIENTISTS SET THINGS ON FIRE, RIGHT? LIKE EINSTEIN OR WHOEVER.

John Price

Gang Gang
Sep 19, 2008
On a related note KK1, 2 and 3 are all on IMDB TV (Amazon Prime too) for free with ads. Was able to review through 50% of KK1 and rewatch how Daniel met Miyagi. Also Daniel was the aggressor in his shower costume trying to get Johnny wet, so Johnny was right in Cobra Kai about how he was just trying to live life and Daniel kept interfering :laugh:

John Price

Gang Gang
Sep 19, 2008
After completing KK1 a few minutes ago it provides more context to CK. Would recommend rewatching especially that it's free on IMDB. You remember why the medal of honor is so important to present day Miyagi Do and you notice that the logos are the same as they were in 84 :laugh:

Mr Jiggyfly

Jan 29, 2004
On a related note KK1, 2 and 3 are all on IMDB TV (Amazon Prime too) for free with ads. Was able to review through 50% of KK1 and rewatch how Daniel met Miyagi. Also Daniel was the aggressor in his shower costume trying to get Johnny wet, so Johnny was right in Cobra Kai about how he was just trying to live life and Daniel kept interfering :laugh:

It was kind of BS a demon sorcerer gave a bully like Daniel unnatural strength to beat Johnny...

Reactions: John Price

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad