Speculation: Coaching Search - Part III: Dan Bylsma deal "imminent"

• PLEASE check any bookmark on all devices. IF you see a link pointing to mandatory.com DELETE it Please use this URL https://forums.hfboards.com/
Status
Not open for further replies.

Kublakhan

Lets Go Buffalo !!!
Jan 24, 2013
North Tonawanda
do head coaches really coach goaltenders?? I thought they stayed away from their crazy ***** and thats why they hire old goaltenders to coach them because they both speak crazy :laugh:

Bps21*

Mismanaged Beau Bennett, Simon Despres, Joe Morrow - Misused Jerome Iginla, cant adjust during in game situations - Holds youth back over the veterans just to not upset the apple cart.. list goes on.

Sorry for being vague im at work and typing this quickly..

Cough...

I'm surprised they'd go for a guy who relied on vets too much, was bad for kids and couldn't make adjustments instead of waiting to see if Boston fired their guy who relies on vets too much, was bad for kids and couldn't make adjustments. Perhaps they feel pressured to move now after San Jose hired their guy who relied on vets too much, was bad for kids and couldn't make adjustments.

FearTheBeard

Mar 27, 2011
Mismanaged Beau Bennett, Simon Despres, Joe Morrow - Misused Jerome Iginla, cant adjust during in game situations - Holds youth back over the veterans just to not upset the apple cart.. list goes on.

Sorry for being vague im at work and typing this quickly..

LOL because these 2 really thrived once Bylsma left....
Joe Morrow never even played an NHL game under Bylsma, so please explain how exactly he mismanaged him?

Husko

Jun 30, 2006
Greenwich, CT
Is it often that an NHL assistant will move to AHL head gig?

Blashill and Richardson both did it. I think it's fairly common. I think both are considered good things for a coach to have on their resume, but neither is considered a promotion over the other.

JLewyB

May 6, 2013
Pegulaville
Ugh, not mad at the hire necessarily but would have preferred a little bit more of a thorough search. I better hear something a long the lines that the interview process was so stellar that we didn't need to continue the search

SackTastic

Mar 25, 2011
Which is the line that shows the fault of Fleury? The defense in front of him? Or are players beyond any fault?

Here is a place where the eye test tells you more than a line.

Fleury let in some really poor goals during some of those series. While he wasn't the only problem, he WAS a problem.

Husko

Jun 30, 2006
Greenwich, CT
Ugh, not mad at the hire necessarily but would have preferred a little bit more of a thorough search. I better hear something a long the lines that the interview process was so stellar that we didn't need to continue the search

Or how about "we did a thorough search and talked to tons of people and you guys just weren't privy to all the details because we hate TBN with the burning passion of a hundred million pegula bucks."

flashsabre

Apr 5, 2003
Visit site
Blashill and Richardson both did it. I think it's fairly common. I think both are considered good things for a coach to have on their resume, but neither is considered a promotion over the other.

Guys that have been head coaches before at the AHL or NHL level won't do it but for guys that haven't been head coaches ex. Richardson, Blashill, Housley, it is something they almost have to do to show GMs that they have pro head coaching experience.

Mit Yarrum

HoF Turd Shiner
Apr 1, 2010
There's like 2 coaches in this entire league who's fanbase doesn't accuse them of mismanaging their youth.

Every team has their Matt Ellis, and their coach loves him, and he gets more playing time than *insert guy with 6 NHL games here*.

SackTastic

Mar 25, 2011

If they decided he was their guy, there's no reason to keep interviewing. 'Thorough' is a garbage word here.

flashsabre

Apr 5, 2003
Visit site
I think the Sabres should seriously consider this as a Sabres Fan Experience.

For $100 fans can have their picture snapped with Tim Murray while walking through the parking garage at night. Fans could frame it alongside the ones of Babs and now Bylsma.

Bps21*

Guts...what if it's...Its...it's...JOE BATTISTA...OH NO!!! HOPEFULLY HARRINGTON IS ON THE CASE!

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad