Speculation: Coaching Search - Part III: Dan Bylsma deal "imminent"

• PLEASE check any bookmark on all devices. IF you see a link pointing to mandatory.com DELETE it Please use this URL https://forums.hfboards.com/
Status
Not open for further replies.

Doug Prishpreed

May 1, 2013
Brooklyn
Does he really have to interview him right now if he's learning everything he can about Bylsma? He knows Richardson well enough that if Richardson is his guy he can setup an interview with him whenever he wants.

Yes. Yes, he has to interview him right now even if he's learning everything he can about Bylsma. :help:

What does that have do do with anything? I was responding to a poster who said it was down to Richarsdon and Bylsma. I was implying that they probably weren't in a neck-and-neck race, all things considered. Bylsma obviously has the greater chance at this point - it's his job to lose.

flashsabre

Apr 5, 2003
Visit site
Sportsnet is reporting that Bylsma interviewed in Buffalo today with Murray, Terry and Kim Pegula. Pegulas aren't sitting in on every interview. So unless Bylsma sh&t the bed in the interview he looks to be the guy.

Bps21*

Pegulas not sitting in on every interview...Just the only ones that ever get reported I guess. Unless they can prove that Terry wasn't sitting on a conference call when they reportedly called McLellan...they sit in on every interview.

Bps21*

I hope everyone on the main board had enough time to recover their energy from tearing down Bylsma before he even became the coach of the team they love to tear down the most. I'd hate to see them not on their game for the announcement.

It's been weird how much hate people have for a team they swear is going nowhere...I'd imagine adding, in their estimation, the worst coach of all time to it can only make them hate it more.

Rhett4

Buffalo Selects Jack
Jul 9, 2002
Amerks #ROC
Good if true. I've had him high on my list since the beginning, and I think that he has the experience, youth, adaptability, and likability to be a good coach for this squad. All coaches come with their ingrained flaws, but I like the package he offers more than just about anyone legitimately on the market (since I don't count a guy like Blashill as an actual target).

flashsabre

Apr 5, 2003
Visit site
Report: Bylsma agrees to 12 year $60 million deal with NJ Devils, calls Devils, "America's Team" and that it was his dream job. Sabres were second choice. :sarcasm:

Bps21*

I'm surprised they'd go for a guy who relied on vets too much, was bad for kids and couldn't make adjustments instead of waiting to see if Boston fired their guy who relies on vets too much, was bad for kids and couldn't make adjustments. Perhaps they feel pressured to move now after San Jose hired their guy who relied on vets too much, was bad for kids and couldn't make adjustments.

Moskau

Jun 30, 2004
WNY
If he can adapt as well as he says he can then it's whatev for me.

I don't get too worked up over a coach until Matt Ellis is on the ice with a minute to go while trailing by 1 while your team is trying to squeak into the playoffs instead of securing Nathan MacKinnon. /rant

Bps21*

I don't get too worked up over a coach until Matt Ellis is on the ice with a minute to go while trailing by 1 while your team is trying to squeak into the playoffs instead of securing Nathan MacKinnon. /rant

That's part of what's funny to me. Pitt fans complaining about usage when Crosby and Malkin were getting the most ice time and all the big situations anyway. Let them see what a Buffalo coach has done. Take a seat, anyone with talent...where's my competers?

Beerz

Jun 28, 2011

Take out the MacKinnon angle and that could apply to the last 3 coaches.

Zman5778

Oct 4, 2005
Cressona/Reading, PA
I'm surprised they'd go for a guy who relied on vets too much, was bad for kids

I'm not too well versed, but what kids did he hold back?

I've always been under the impression that once they stopped having top picks, their organizational depth suffered and they really didn't hit on much until very recently.

Karate Johnson*

That's part of what's funny to me. Pitt fans complaining about usage when Crosby and Malkin were getting the most ice time and all the big situations anyway. Let them see what a Buffalo coach has done. Take a seat, anyone with talent...where's my competers?

I read that quickly and was about to post

"Ted Nolan would use a computer for hockey when hell freezes over"

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad