Speculation: Coaching Search - Part III: Dan Bylsma deal "imminent"

• PLEASE check any bookmark on all devices. IF you see a link pointing to mandatory.com DELETE it Please use this URL https://forums.hfboards.com/
Status
Not open for further replies.

Bps21*

I'm not too well versed, but what kids did he hold back?

I've always been under the impression that once they stopped having top picks, their organizational depth suffered and they really didn't hit on much until very recently.

It was a joke based on how every single coaching candidate has had that teams fans come in and proclaim the same exact thing about all of them. None of them can develop young talent, they all rely on vets too much and every coach is terrible at in game adjustments.

Karate Johnson*

I'm not too well versed, but what kids did he hold back?

I've always been under the impression that once they stopped having top picks, their organizational depth suffered and they really didn't hit on much until very recently.

I think it was a joke.

Bylsma has had some criticisms, but he became unemployable per the main boards once the Sabres were interested.

Because everything the Sabres do is dishonorable, wrong, second rate, embarrassing, and whiny

Bps21*

Looking forward to hearing all over that Nolan>Bylsma.

I don't even want Bylsma and the spew of **** from everyone disgusts me.

Zman5778

Oct 4, 2005
Cressona/Reading, PA
It was a joke based on how every single coaching candidate has had that teams fans come in and proclaim the same exact thing about all of them. None of them can develop young talent, they all rely on vets too much and every coach is terrible at in game adjustments.

I think it was a joke.

Bylsma has had some criticisms, but he became unemployable per the main boards once the Sabres were interested.

Because everything the Sabres do is dishonorable, wrong, second rate, embarrassing, and whiny

Noted. :laugh:

I've always been square in the middle with Disco Dan. I hope he's learned from his first coaching stint.

Karate Johnson*

I want who Tim wants. Life is too short to second guess a guy who hasn't proven to be bad at his job yet.

What fun is it to be pissed about hiring a guy with a cup, a Jack Adams, multiple hundred point seasons, and a bunch of playoff appearances.

Especially considering the alternates, it's not worth crapping on until it proves to be a mistake because it's not gonna change anything.

I choose to be excited about hiring the first legitimate coach since the late 90's

ozpensfan

Nov 19, 2013
Western Australia
If Bylsma becomes the coach, this is bad for any prospect / young player not named Eichel and be prepared for a long stretch first round exits due to being constantly outsmarted

Bps21*

If Bylsma becomes the coach, this is bad for any prospect / young player not named Eichel and be prepared for a long stretch first round exits due to being constantly outsmarted

Where'd that team end up this year without him? I keep flipping channels to watch their conference finals game...I guess my TV is busted.

Oh I know...injuries. Cause Bylsma didn't lose 200 man games from just Crosby and Malkin in his time there. Injuries this year. Injuries.

Karate Johnson*

Your GM got outsmarted quite a bit too.... Then you hired Rutherford, hah

couture23

Jun 23, 2012
Toronto

I'm pretty confident in saying this is why he took the year off of coaching.

I doubt he wants that to happen again, lots of coaches are better on their 2nd or 3rd time around.

Moskau

Jun 30, 2004
WNY
OK. Maybe you can answer my question then.

What young player was Bylsma really bad for? Who really blossomed once they were away from him?
He was terrible for all those highly talented wingers that the Penguins drafted under Shero. Like Beau ****ing Bennet who was a bad pick to begin with. Also all of those defensemen who flourished under Bylsma were someone else's doing. Jesus maybe... I think he was in charge of their defense at the time.

Karate Johnson*

I'm pretty confident in saying this is why he took the year off of coaching.

I doubt he wants that to happen again, lots of coaches are better on their 2nd or 3rd time around.

Exactly.

Obviously he had something go wrong or he would have a job.

But everyone comments on coaches like that can't learn and grow beyond what they were.

Zman5778

Oct 4, 2005
Cressona/Reading, PA
He was terrible for all those highly talented wingers that the Penguins drafted under Shero. Like Beau ****ing Bennet who was a bad pick to begin with. Also all of those defensemen who flourished under Bylsma were someone else's doing. Jesus maybe... I think he was in charge of their defense at the time.

Maybe I'm nuts.

But I'm starting to get the impression that really the only valid criticism of Bylsma as a coach was his inability/incapability to adapt to in-game or in-series adjustments that the opposing team would make.

But then again, I could be nuts.

mgeise

May 20, 2006
Fargo, ND
I guess this was to be expected. He's still young enough to adapt and deserves another chance in the NHL. Who knows if he's the answer, but the chances are as good with him as with anyone else. I don't think Julien is going to get fired, so it could have come back to bite them if they were waiting on a decision in Boston.

Hopefully they're able to hire a promising coach for Rochester that could potentially develop into the answer three years down the line if Bylsma flops.

ZZamboni

Puttin' on the Foil
Sep 25, 2010
Buffalo, NY
Who thinks Murray is such a sucker that he can be lied to or believe a pile of BS by these coaches. I'm indifferent to Bylsma. Remember, coaches can be fired at any time. If Bylsma signs a 5 year deal, he can be fired next off season if Murray wants to. The term means very little. If Murray thinks the youth are not developing enough, with his scouting background, I would think he would see that pretty easily, he may fire the next coach sooner rather than later.

mgeise

May 20, 2006
Fargo, ND
the people making this choice know more about hockey than every poster on HF combined ... I trust the Sabres decision...

I used to think this way, but look at all of the decisions the Sabres and Bills have made over the years. I guarantee you a coalition of the best posters from this board could have done at least as well (and almost assuredly better) than what management has done to the Buffalo teams. The Sabres and Bills have been on a better course over the last couple years, but neither is at the point where they can escape criticism due to past successes.

ozpensfan

Nov 19, 2013
Western Australia
Mismanaged Beau Bennett, Simon Despres, Joe Morrow - Misused Jerome Iginla, cant adjust during in game situations - Holds youth back over the veterans just to not upset the apple cart.. list goes on.

Sorry for being vague im at work and typing this quickly..

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad