Speculation: Coaching Search - Part III: Dan Bylsma deal "imminent"

• PLEASE check any bookmark on all devices. IF you see a link pointing to mandatory.com DELETE it Please use this URL https://forums.hfboards.com/
Status
Not open for further replies.

Zip15

Jun 3, 2009
Bodymore
Bylsma's system really sounds like Lindy Ruff's later systems to me. This team is too young to have a system where so many odd man rushes against are generated.

Interestingly, Bylsma's last year in Pittsburgh was their best in terms of shot suppression in high-percentage areas.

Doug Prishpreed

May 1, 2013
Brooklyn
Bylsma's system really sounds like Lindy Ruff's later systems to me. This team is too young to have a system where so many odd man rushes against are generated.

Exactly. Bylsma = Ruff when we had him (more or less). You have to have phenomenal goalie for that type of system to have a chance these days, and even then, it's too predictable...and based on dumb logic (defensemen are worse when they're not facing you).

Dex

Complementary
Sponsor
Dec 5, 2011
Under Deep Cover
I have to admit that it was kind of cool to see the Pegula jet flying from Boca Raton to Detroit to Buffalo and back on mothers day (I think). But this whole internet stalking of the Pegula jet whereabouts has gotten out of hand - especially when (as point out above) he is not sole user of the jet.

If I did not have a life - I would advise those who stalk the Pegula jet to get a life. :laugh:

Beerz

Jun 28, 2011
I have to admit that it was kind of cool to see the Pegula jet flying from Boca Raton to Detroit to Buffalo and back on mothers day (I think). But this whole internet stalking of the Pegula jet whereabouts has gotten out of hand - especially when (as point out above) he is not sole user of the jet.

If I did not have a life - I would advise those who stalk the Pegula jet to get a life. :laugh:

How do we know he is not the sole user? ..

It doesn't take much effort. The window is always open and refreshes on its own.

Beerz

Jun 28, 2011
It could also be a personal family stop for Kim Pegula. She is from Fairport.

Indeed.

We are searching for a coach for the Amerks as well. I didn't know if there were any potential Amerk coaches in Harrisburg area.

TehDoak

Chili that wants to be here
Sponsor
Feb 28, 2002
Will fix everything
Indeed.

We are searching for a coach for the Amerks as well. I didn't know if there were any potential Amerk coaches in Harrisburg area.

Harrisburg is about an hour drive from Wilkes Barre (there's a small airport in WBS, but, could have been unavailable). Could have been meeting with the WBS Penguins head coach :dunno:

Revelate

Apr 10, 2011
Bob McKenzie was on TSN the Drive this afternoon and basically said the Sabres aren't conducting a full search process right now, but rather they are zeroed in Bylsma.

Myllz

RELEASE THE KRAKEN
Jan 16, 2006
Vegas
Bob McKenzie was on TSN the Drive this afternoon and basically said the Sabres aren't conducting a full search process right now, but rather they are zeroed in Bylsma.

People figured the same thing when they were in on Babcock, but Murray said he had talked to other candidates both before and after meeting with Babcock.

radar493

Mar 26, 2015
I certainly won't turn my nose up at Julien or Bylsman, and I sort of hate the argument between the two where either camp suggests the other is worthless. They'd both be just fine.

As for the other guys if he wants to go with a more developmental coach, I like Murray and Stevens, but I really don't know enough about any of them to have much of an opinion. In GMTM I trust

Sometimes you just seem too rational and sensible with your posts, unlike so many on here. :D

Paxon

202? Stanley Cup Champions
Jul 13, 2003
Rochester, NY
With someone like McKenzie you really have to look at exactly what he says. Did he say flatly the Sabres are zeroed in on Bylsma and aren't conducting a search? If so, he would absolutely not say that without some sources, and at the (inter)national level he's the most connected reporter in the sport. If what he said has any element of speculation then it's a well-connected man making an educated guess. These are completely different things. The former one should assume is accurate unless and until proven otherwise. The latter is something Bob, like everyone else, often gets wrong.

Sabre the Win

Joke of a Franchise
Jun 27, 2013
Ive warmed up to the idea of him being the bench boss even tho I wasn't totally opposed to him taking over as head coach.

Revelate

Apr 10, 2011
With someone like McKenzie you really have to look at exactly what he says. Did he say flatly the Sabres are zeroed in on Bylsma and aren't conducting a search? If so, he would absolutely not say that without some sources, and at the (inter)national level he's the most connected reporter in the sport. If what he said has any element of speculation then it's a well-connected man making an educated guess. These are completely different things. The former one should assume is accurate unless and until proven otherwise. The latter is something Bob, like everyone else, often gets wrong.

You can listen to it here:
http://www.tsn.ca/radio/toronto-1050/mckenzie-buffalo-at-top-of-the-list-to-land-dan-bylsma-1.292313
I hear it as more than speculation.

26CornerBlitz

Sponsor
Apr 14, 2012
South Jersey

McKenzie: Shanahan being patient in GM search (9:12)
TSN Hockey Insider Bob McKenzie joins TSN Drive to discuss NHL coaching vacancies, Brendan Shanahan's GM search and the possibility of Cody Franson returning to the Maple Leafs.

McKenzie: Buffalo at top of the list to land Dan Bylsma (14:49)
TSN hockey insider Bob McKenzie joins the program at the start of the 5 o'clock hour to chat about the NHL Playoffs, the NHL head coaching carousel and the Ottawa Senators Goaltender quandary.

Here's McKenzie's segment from today.

Last edited:

CaptPantalones

Oct 8, 2006
Buffalo, NY

He flat said bylsma is there guy and that's how there working it right now

Sabresfansince1980

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Sep 29, 2011
from Wheatfield, NY
Bylsma will have to prove my disdain wrong before I like him as HC. I just don't like him, his irritating resemblance to Jay Carney, and most of all that he was with the Penguins. I really hope the media is wrong again on this one.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad