Confirmed with Link: Coach Pete DeBoer Is Fired

• PLEASE check any bookmark on all devices. IF you see a link pointing to mandatory.com DELETE it Please use this URL https://forums.hfboards.com/
Status
Not open for further replies.

Cowbell232

Jun 20, 2008
New Jersey
I only see Lou bringing in someone he knows to get a player assessment going, similar to Lemaire's last stint here.

We'll see I guess.

OmNomNom

Taco is Love, Taco is Life
Mar 3, 2011
In the Church of Salmela
i think i'd actually be pissed if we got lemaire or whoever and did well. i was seriously looking forward to picking low this year, bc we NEED it

yeah, i def think kowalsky should take it. develop players, and stuff and win and lose a few. but focus on youth development and trade our useless "assets" away, aka ryder zid jags

also, OT, but lol @ viewers on this thread

Traitor Zach

Released from Glory
Jan 29, 2012
Northeast
Let's just remember for thos who want Bylsma. He had Crosby, Malkin, and Letang among others to make him look good.

Let's just remember for those who wanted Deboer. He had Kovy, Parise, among others to make him a playoffs coach for one lousy season out of 8.

StvBroDan

vPLAY WITH HEARTv
Oct 15, 2008
USA
I suppose this will make Jagr, Zubrus, Clowe and Ryder fast skaters and make Elias 3 years younger and give experience to our defense and make Cammalleri healthy for the rest of the season?

Seems like a plan?

Its a start Jim Like It Or Not

captainscott

Nov 5, 2007
i think i'd actually be pissed if we got lemaire or whoever and did well. i was seriously looking forward to picking low this year, bc we NEED it

yeah, i def think kowalsky should take it. develop players, and stuff and win and lose a few. but focus on youth development and trade our useless "assets" away, aka ryder zid jags

that's part of my fear here is that there should be no delusions about this team and where it is headed.
we don't have the horses i don't care who is coaching, even a great coach would only be able to get a certain amount out of this team

njdevsfn95

Help JJJ, Sprite.
Jul 30, 2006
This change is all for nothing if Larsson and Gelinas keep getting less minutes than Harrold and our 4th line goes for scrubs and grit instead of an attempt at offensive upside.

And in regards to Larsson/Gelinas/Harrold, its not about youth but the future of the franchise.

Two of those three are part of it. I want to see those two playing.

Cowbell232

Jun 20, 2008
New Jersey
Ron Wilson?

Didn't he coach Team USA while Lou was helping put it together? I could see this working out as a short term situation.

Edit: Reading an article about him, apparently he adopts technology into his coaching (DVDs, tablets, etc) ahead of the curve. Good guy to bring in with burgeoning analytics team that PDB didn't use at all (And subsequently made terrible decisions...)

JimEIV

Feb 19, 2003
Its a start Jim Like It Or Not

It's not I like or don't, it just doesn't make much sense to me...there is no salvaging this season and Lou shouldn't be trying to.

What's the point? The team still sucks as much today as yesterday and not much will change...so I just don't get it.

njdevil26

I hate avocados
Dec 13, 2006
Clark, NJ
It's not I like or don't, it just doesn't make much sense to me...there is no salvaging this season and Lou shouldn't be trying to.

What's the point? The team still sucks as much today as yesterday and not much will change...so I just don't get it.

What I hope is that Lou has is permanent replacement ready and they will come in this season and at least familiarize themselves with the team/area/culture. That way, there's less of an adjustment starting next season.

Traitor Zach

Released from Glory
Jan 29, 2012
Northeast
Didn't he coach Team USA while Lou was helping put it together? I could see this working out as a short term situation.

He's older and tends to grind a bit on his relationship with players (espouses a defensive approach). But he's a good evaluator as to where players are at talent-wise and in terms of development of their "game".

Would help evaluate guys like Gelinas, Merrill, Larsson and perhaps some younger guys if they get brought up.

Lou needs to still sell off the vets, otherwise he needs to follow Deboer out the door too.

Sarge18

Feb 17, 2007
I guess Jacques demanded he get to spend Christmas with his family this year.

OmNomNom

Taco is Love, Taco is Life
Mar 3, 2011
In the Church of Salmela

Edit: Reading an article about him, apparently he adopts technology into his coaching (DVDs, tablets, etc) ahead of the curve. Good guy to bring in with burgeoning analytics team that PDB didn't use at all (And subsequently made terrible decisions...)

but we have old people, and they don't understand technology! :sarcasm:

Basement Cat

Frank Drebin
Nov 3, 2008
Hoboken, NJ
Hard to get excited by this honestly.

Don't get me wrong I hate Pete's little quirks and obsessions (Harrold, Gio, line shuffling, etc.) but cmon, this team blows. When Pete had a decent lineup in 2011-2012, we made it to the finals. When he had a mediocre lineup, he missed the playoffs. Seems like an average coach to me. Who are we going to bring in that will make more out of this lineup? Our D are young and promising but they are mistake prone which is to be expected. Our forward group is the ugliest in the league considering the injury issues. We have nobody on this roster that can back off or scare a defense. Our opponent's 3rd pairing scrubs are stepping up on these old/slow forwards before they even hit the red line. Gomez and Cammalleri are the only ones worth a damn at this point.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad