Confirmed with Link: Coach Pete DeBoer Is Fired

• PLEASE check any bookmark on all devices. IF you see a link pointing to mandatory.com DELETE it Please use this URL https://forums.hfboards.com/
Status
Not open for further replies.

Devilsfan992

Apr 14, 2012
He let Peter Harrold play 20 minutes agame over Larsson/Gelinas ... He has players he likes because of grit who play over our youngsters even though we suck and should let the youth grow

That's not even his worst quality. HE COACHED TO LOSE. HE HAD A TERRIBLE SYSTEM THAT DIDN'T WORK AND LED TO HORRIBLE TEAM CHEMISTRY.

XX

Waiting for Ishbia
Dec 10, 2002
PHX
So... Who's the short term and long term replacements?

I could see short term being Lou himself to really gauge the team and players, staff, etc.

But long term? This is going to be interesting.

Call AZ and ask for permission to talk to Tippett.

Traitor Zach

Released from Glory
Jan 29, 2012
Northeast
I think Lou will see if they can get another HC in here to clean up and evaluate a new system and players to keep. Otherwise I think the further housecleaning and purge commences in February.

I'd expect Foligno or Barr as interim HC before a new system is decided upon this offseason.

Hilarious and a bit sad how we have a habit of firing coaches right around Christmas/Boxing Day.

engy

Mar 12, 2012
Very few players overperformed with Deboer throughout his tenure. However, many players haven't lived up to expectations. He just couldn't get the most out of his guys.

Marv4Life

Mar 5, 2006
Minnesota
Shoulda happened around Halloween.
Hmm. Don't know if I should be pleased or worried because this could screw up our draft position. They aren't making the playoffs.

Sarge18

Feb 17, 2007
Lou should be next. This lineup is a disgrace. Pete won't be unemployed for long.

EnglishDevil

Nov 11, 2009
London, UK & Chicago, US
Shoulda happened around Halloween.
Hmm. Don't know if I should be pleased or worried because this could screw up our draft position. They aren't making the playoffs.

They're not talented enough to improve that much, at worst we'll still pick top 8-10 range; and that's if we really start performing well.

I'm not worried about the draft position, you play to win and take whatever pick you end up with, it's a total crap shoot with the lottery now anyway.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad