Confirmed with Link: Coach Pete DeBoer Is Fired

• PLEASE check any bookmark on all devices. IF you see a link pointing to mandatory.com DELETE it Please use this URL https://forums.hfboards.com/
Status
Not open for further replies.

Super Cake

Jun 24, 2013
No, that was the exact same problem here with PDB. I'm not a MacLean expert, but I had never heard of him being great with the kids (which is why I found it rather odd that a veteran-led revolt in the locker room was supposedly his undoing?).

If we go down this same path again, then there are much larger issues that need to be dealt with.

He honestly did do great things with the kids during the 2011-2012 and the 2012-2013 season.

Something happened in the 2013-2014 season though where he changed how he coached and the players really didn't like it. I remember them complaining that they didn't like the new Maclean.
Maclean said he would try to go back to the way he coached before when he started coaching with the Sens, but i guess that didn't happen being that it did appear that he lost the lockerroom.

Karlsson2Turris*

Well, some of our vets could certainly use more accountability, but no... This is sounding like a disaster waiting to happen at this point.

Florida fans warned us about PDB, and were right. I wouldn't ignore what Sens fans are saying here.

From his time in Ottawa, he held some players accountable like crazy and some none at all. Usually, the vets could do whatever they wanted and he would not do a thing, but if a young guy like Wiercioch had a couple bad games he would bench him for weeks.

Devs4L

Mar 8, 2006
Sorry guys, but Maclean is basically the same thing as Deboer except he yells and throws his players (including stars) under the bus in interviews.

Well, some of our fans thought Deboer didn't do enough of that, so that'll be good.....

Karlsson2Turris*

He honestly did do great things with the kids during the 2011-2012 and the 2012-2013 season.

Something happened in the 2013-2014 season though where he changed how he coached and the players really didn't like it. I remember them complaining that they didn't like the new Maclean.
Maclean said he would try to go back to the way he coached before when he started coaching with the Sens, but i guess that didn't happen being that it did appear that he lost the lockerroom.

Norris trophy Karlsson, PPG Spezza, and Captain Alfredsson carried Maclean in 11-12.

Goaltending and Alfie's leadership carried him in 12-13.

Gentleman of Verona

Famous Ray
Apr 24, 2012
Verona, NJ
Okay, Jagr, Elias, Zajac, Zubrus etc. in a "run and gun", plus we bring in that guy who looks exactly like him to replace Deb during the intermissions.

Screw it, I'm sold!

Bleedred

#FIREDAVEROGALSKI
Sponsor
May 1, 2011
Norris trophy Karlsson, PPG Spezza, and Captain Alfredsson carried Maclean in 11-12.

Goaltending and Alfie's leadership carried him in 12-13.

Ugh this is what I'm afraid of.

It always seems like your team was outshot badly when he was there. He hasn't been gone long enough to see if it will carry over.

I'm still not sure if this was due to his system, but I've always heard the argument that poor defense is on the coach. A coach can't control poor offense as much as he control poor defense from being played. Sens have had poor defense since he's been there, though I don't remember it being too much better before he got there, but maybe it was.

I'll take him as an interim though. I'm willing to try anything. Even was willing to keep DeBoer to ensure it gets us a good pick.

Gentleman of Verona

Famous Ray
Apr 24, 2012
Verona, NJ
Chere doesn't make up things when his naming names

Well, I think he said it was just "speculation among players". We've also had Oates flying his Bat-Copter into Newark and Martin lurking at Devils home games, so they're really all just rumors now. I still think there's a good chance it's just Barr, which would be better, frankly. All of this other stuff is pointing in a bad direction.

Vesa Awesaka

#KeepTheSenate
Jul 4, 2013
Ugh this is what I'm afraid of.

It always seems like your team was outshot badly when he was there. He hasn't been gone long enough to see if it will carry over.

I'm still not sure if this was due to his system, but I've always heard the argument that poor defense is on the coach. A coach can't control poor offense as much as he control poor defense from being played. Sens have had poor defense since he's been there, though I don't remember it being too much better before he got there, but maybe it was.

I'll take him as an interim though. I'm willing to try anything. Even was willing to keep DeBoer to ensure it gets us a good pick.
he doesnt believe in shot blocking and the forecheck was pretty soft which led to our slow dmen being lit up by fast forwards

Benedict Parisechuk

Army of Pandolfo's
Apr 5, 2013
Chicago, IL
I'm not going to trash Maclean until I see what he does with this team but it kind of seems like it would be a lateral move, going from Deboer to him. Sounds like there's too many parallels between the two. I'd definitely be willing to give him a chance though.

AfroThunder396

[citation needed]
Jan 8, 2006
Miami, FL
I'm not going to trash Maclean until I see what he does with this team but it kind of seems like it would be a lateral move, going from Deboer to him. Sounds like there's too many parallels between the two. I'd definitely be willing to give him a chance though.

This is my mindset as well. I don't want a washed up has-been, I'd be willing to give MacLean a shot until I see what he can do myself.

Bleedred

#FIREDAVEROGALSKI
Sponsor
May 1, 2011
Don't be surprised if it's Brent Sutter. Not any insider info, just seems like Lou would want him back. No one else would give him an NHL head coaching job again. Lou probably forgave him too.

It was Vanderbeek that really sounded off after he left. I remember him ripping him.

Bleedred

#FIREDAVEROGALSKI
Sponsor
May 1, 2011
This is my mindset as well. I don't want a washed up has-been, I'd be willing to give MacLean a shot until I see what he can do myself.

I'm fine with experimenting with him as an (for now) interim coach.

Not comfortable with giving him a 3-4 year deal.

Hopefully it's none of these other idiots Chere suggested.

Don't want Kevin Dineen (DeBoer 2.0 and an even bigger idiot and LOSER NHL head coach) or Kirk Muller.

Gentleman of Verona

Famous Ray
Apr 24, 2012
Verona, NJ
The thing is... If it's a "name" coach, rather than Barr/Kowalsky, doesn't that signal that Lou thinks we should still be charging uphill towards a playoff berth? If that's the case... :shakehead

schoenfeld

2 Way Contract
Dec 10, 2006
I completely forgot there was another MacLean :laugh:

Don't be surprised if it's Brent Sutter. Not any insider info, just seems like Lou would want him back. No one else would give him an NHL head coaching job again. Lou probably forgave him too.

It was Vanderbeek that really sounded off after he left. I remember him ripping him.

if its brent sutter part duex im gonna start sounding like ZBP and devils trap around here

you could basically kiss elias goodbye

SKNJD9

Hi, I'm mat.
Aug 28, 2008
West of Chicago
No, I think he pretty clearly said "speculation among players is that...". No secret source, just players guessing, it would seem. Still very much a rumor at this point.

You think Lou didnt tell the players already? If they are speculating its more of a "hey it could be such and such " wink wink.

Its Maclean

Devils Dominion

Now we Plummet
Feb 16, 2007
NJ
You think Lou didnt tell the players already? If they are speculating its more of a "hey it could be such and such " wink wink.

Its Maclean

Bingo.

Rich has built good sources through the years, wouldn't surprise me that someone like Patty or Peter McMullen, would thrown him a bone to break the story first.

Benedict Parisechuk

Army of Pandolfo's
Apr 5, 2013
Chicago, IL

Lol, now that would really be a pull the rug out from underneath everyone move. Whats he doing these days, manning the farm in Alberta?

I didn't totally hate him as coach but he pretty much spit in everyone's faces with how he handled the end of that Carolina series and then headed for the hills.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad