Confirmed with Link: Coach Pete DeBoer Is Fired

• PLEASE check any bookmark on all devices. IF you see a link pointing to mandatory.com DELETE it Please use this URL https://forums.hfboards.com/
Status
Not open for further replies.

Team Concept

Jul 11, 2002
Wingdale, New York
This guy will definitely get our players motivated playing Devils hockey:

1297234954503_ORIGINAL.jpg

Bleedred

#FIREDAVEROGALSKI
Sponsor
May 1, 2011
I don't want MacLean. Not sure if he's a bad coach or not, but Ottawa has been as bad defensively his entire time there, as we have this season.

They get outshot badly, but made the playoffs a few times due to out of this world goaltending. Their forwards are a bit better than ours too, so they've been able to score goals to bail themselves out of their bad defense and giving up 30+ shots per game like we have this year.

I'm willing to bring in Peter Pan on an interim level though.

Team Concept

Jul 11, 2002
Wingdale, New York
Rumor has it that Kowalsky was going to be the next head coach, but then he pulled a Deboer tonight and lost the opportunity. His Albany team allowed Syracuse to tie it up with 1:37 left and then lost in OT with 44 seconds left.

Cheddabombs

Status Quo
Mar 13, 2012
I don't want MacLean. Not sure if he's a bad coach or not, but Ottawa has been as bad defensively his entire time there, as we have this season.

They get outshot badly, but made the playoffs a few times due to out of this world goaltending. Their forwards are a bit better than ours too, so they've been able to score goals to bail themselves out of their bad defense and giving up 30+ shots per game like we have this year.

Really hard to compare. I think our defense is more responsible in our own zone than Ottawa's are by some distance. Also most of our forwards know the importance of playing a 5-man system in our own zone, and even if he brings in a new system that wouldn't change our forwards mentality of helping our defense.

MadDevil

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Feb 10, 2007
Bismarck, ND
Rumor has it that Kowalsky was going to be the next head coach, but then he pulled a Deboer tonight and lost the opportunity. His Albany team allowed Syracuse to tie it up with 1:37 left and then lost in OT with 44 seconds left.

See. Loser franchise. Time to clean house. All the way down to the ECHL level. Burn it. Burn it all!

tr83

Nope, still embarassed
Oct 14, 2013
Jersey Shore

Have you seen the Ottawa defense? Outside of Chris Phillips, its talentless in the defensive zone

Bleedred

#FIREDAVEROGALSKI
Sponsor
May 1, 2011
Have you seen the Ottawa defense? Outside of Chris Phillips, its talentless in the defensive zone

And that's why I'm not entirely sure if he's a bad coach or not. Ottawa (if I recall) has been bad defensively since before he got there. And he hasn't been gone long enough to see if they'll improve.

So I'm not entirely sure if I would put it all on him. I'm willing to try anyone as an interim?

SKNJD9

Hi, I'm mat.
Aug 28, 2008
West of Chicago
If Lou is bringing in Paul then he thinks Pete gave the vets too much rope. Paul is a hard ass who will demand a lot from guys like Elias. He's equally as hard on his kids and don't be shocked to see them benched as fast as they were with Pete

Cheddabombs

Status Quo
Mar 13, 2012
Erik Karlsson is bad , just downright bad defensively....

He is basically a 4th forward when on the ice

I'd say he's average defensively on most nights, but sometimes he can be bad. I think aside from Zidlicky our defensemen are almost all on par or better than he is defensively. Difference is he is light-years better than any of ours offensively.

Devils Trap

May 6, 2009
New Jersey
If Lou is bringing in Paul then he thinks Pete gave the vets too much rope. Paul is a hard ass who will demand a lot from guys like Elias. He's equally as hard on his kids and don't be shocked to see them benched as fast as they were with Pete

I think people were fine with a coach being hard on players... But the double standard that only the youngsters were held accountable was the frustrating part

tr83

Nope, still embarassed
Oct 14, 2013
Jersey Shore
Ask the Pete hates the kids brigade, they probably have the stats ready regarding TOI for players under MacLean over and under the age of 25

I don't lead the brigade, but I like to think of myself as a company sergeant. :laugh:

I honestly don't know.

Anyone? Bueller?

Bleedred

#FIREDAVEROGALSKI
Sponsor
May 1, 2011
Paul is terrible with young players.

Too late to bring Pete back ?

I know very little about it.

If Pete really was canned because he wouldn't go younger (as was suggested by Greg in the article after talking to supposed sources) then I don't think Lou would bring in another guy that's not good with kids.

In actuality though, those supposed sources could have all been ********. And he may have made that up and used the younger thing, because it's a constant complaint with Pete.

NJD Kula

THE SPITFIRES LINE
Jan 16, 2009
По&#1082
www.rshl.org
I think people were fine with a coach being hard on players... But the double standard that only the youngsters were held accountable was the frustrating part

Exactly.

Plus I think the vets got complacent with Pete. If he acted the way he does in public with the team in private of course they loved him. He's ****ing optimistic prime, stroked their egos harder than their wives.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad