Confirmed with Link: Coach Pete DeBoer Is Fired

• PLEASE check any bookmark on all devices. IF you see a link pointing to mandatory.com DELETE it Please use this URL https://forums.hfboards.com/
Status
Not open for further replies.

Gentleman of Verona

Famous Ray
Apr 24, 2012
Verona, NJ
I'm not the world's greatest Senators expert, but I believe the consensus over there was that the vets basically revolted on him, although he wasn't really known as a youth-oriented coach either. Remember though, there are ownership/money issues in Ottawa. Things over there might not always be as they seem. They almost seem borderline moribund at times for a Canadian franchise.

Super Cake

Jun 24, 2013
Maclean might work with the Devils better than he did with the Sens.

Maclean likes veterans. The problem with the Sens is that they are a young team and don't have a lot of veterans.

I Hate Tie DOMI

Jul 2, 2002
Ontario
If anything I'd like MacLean to be hired just to see what he looks like without the mustache, since thats got to go if he's working for Lou. Team is garbage anyways.:laugh:

mike30

Jul 17, 2014
New York
Maclean might work with the Devils better than he did with the Sens.

Maclean likes veterans. The problem with the Sens is that they are a young team and don't have a lot of veterans.

that's the opposite of what we want as a coach.. we need one to trust and develop younger players

Team Concept

Jul 11, 2002
Wingdale, New York
paul-maclean-rookie-card.jpg

nhl_g_wingsts_300.jpg

detroit+red+wings+v+pittsburgh+penguins+game+xhllidztolhl.jpg

0430senators.jpg

Gentleman of Verona

Famous Ray
Apr 24, 2012
Verona, NJ
Form the MacLean thread:

"Maclean runs a defensive system thats so complicated the players dont understand it. Have fun with always allowing 32+ shots. Overall its a all out run and gun offensive system.

He loves veterans. Will over play them and say he's happy with their play even if they purposely score on their own net. Overall terrible at managing ice times. New lines every game.

He holds no one accountable and seems to always been happy with the team, no matter what.

He doesn't let his assistants do much and he likes to control everything. Everything has to be his way."

Sounds great! :cry:

Although, I think it might actually be worth it just to witness what this group would look like attempting an "all out run and gun". :laugh:

ok8w3n.jpg

Super Cake

Jun 24, 2013
I personally wouldn't pay that much attention to what most Sens fans are saying. While i did sour on the guy, he may succeed with a team that has a little bit more nhl experience.

Now i don't know if he is the right guy to develop young players properly.

Hoffman-Lazar-Stone was one of our best lines night in and night out, but they were really getting no ice time at all. Now the argument can be made that he was just sheltering them so they develop properly, but it was getting kind of frustrating that they played so little minutes even though they were playing great.

He also rarely calls timeouts and he never seems to pull the goaltender even if the goalie should be pulled.

HavlatMach9

streamable 3rah1
Mar 17, 2011
Ottawa
"Maclean runs a defensive system thats so complicated the players dont understand it. Have fun with always allowing 32+ shots. Overall its a all out run and gun offensive system.
He doesn't let his assistants do much and he likes to control everything. Everything has to be his way."
these two particulars are what have been said by the Sens management so at least these two aren't merely opinions of a fan

Gentleman of Verona

Famous Ray
Apr 24, 2012
Verona, NJ
I personally wouldn't pay that much attention to what most Sens fans are saying. While i did sour on the guy, he may succeed with a team that has a little bit more nhl experience.

Now i don't know if he is the right guy to develop young players properly.

Hoffman-Lazar-Stone was one of our best lines night in and night out, but they were really getting no ice time at all. Now the argument can be made that he was just sheltering them so they develop properly, but it was getting kind of frustrating that they played so little minutes even though they were playing great.

He also rarely calls timeouts and he never seems to pull the goaltender even if the goalie should be pulled.

No, that was the exact same problem here with PDB. I'm not a MacLean expert, but I had never heard of him being great with the kids (which is why I found it rather odd that a veteran-led revolt in the locker room was supposedly his undoing?).

If we go down this same path again, then there are much larger issues that need to be dealt with.

Karlsson2Turris*

Sorry guys, but Maclean is basically the same thing as Deboer except he yells and throws his players (including stars) under the bus during interviews. You'll think his ways are awesome when you're winning but when you're stars and goaltending aren't carrying you, Maclean will look like a complete moron.

Team Concept

Jul 11, 2002
Wingdale, New York
Form the MacLean thread:

He loves veterans. Will over play them and say he's happy with their play even if they purposely score on their own net. Overall terrible at managing ice times. New lines every game.

He holds no one accountable and seems to always been happy with the team, no matter what.

Sounds great! :cry:

Although, I think it might actually be worth it just to witness what this group would look like attempting an "all out run and gun". :laugh:

ok8w3n.jpg

Sure is Lou's type of guy. But lets lay off Lou--he had a tough day.

CUTEFACE.png

Erndog

Jul 17, 2007
Paul McLean?

PAUL MCLEAN!?!??

Bahahahh oh my word, Uncle Lou has just lost it. Paul McLean is an abysmal coach.

Gentleman of Verona

Famous Ray
Apr 24, 2012
Verona, NJ
Sorry guys, but Maclean is basically the same thing as Deboer except he yells and throws his players (including stars) under the bus in interviews.

Well, some of our vets could certainly use more accountability, but no... This is sounding like a disaster waiting to happen at this point.

Florida fans warned us about PDB, and were right. I wouldn't ignore what Sens fans are saying here.

PanniniClaus

Oct 12, 2006
Paul brings his arrogance and attitude to a new spot. I can't see why he wouldn't wait for roster with a future but perhaps he is not confident that another offer will pop up.

NJDevils17

Going Up?
Apr 21, 2013
Raleigh
We have absolutely no idea if MacLean will be head coach fyi. I think it's purely an unsubstantiated rumor. It may end up being true but until it's official I don't believe it.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad