Trade: [CLE/HOU] Deshaun Watson (signs 5 years, $230M) and 2024 5th for 2022, 2023, and 2024 1sts, 2023 3rd, 2024 4th

• PLEASE check any bookmark on all devices. IF you see a link pointing to mandatory.com DELETE it Please use this URL https://forums.hfboards.com/

EpochLink

Canucks and Jets fan
Aug 1, 2006
Vancouver, BC
I would be downright shocked if Watson isn’t forced to sit at least a season, and coupled with last season the NFL will pat itself on the back and act like it was a cumulative two year suspension.

Yeah, the NFL just finding out now about the 24th sexual allegation is a blow to Watson's camp. Also that NYT piece on how the Texans were involved in Watson's 66 massage arranges with NDA's signed off.

This is bad for the NFL, they do not need anymore bad press.

Spring in Fialta

A malign star kept him
Apr 1, 2007
Montreal, QC
On a purely football level, you have to wonder what missing two full seasons of NFL reps does to Winston's quarterbacking ability. That's a killer.

WaW

Armchair Assistant Coffee Gofer for the GM
Mar 18, 2017
At the end of the day this looks bad, but it could be alot worse...at least he didn't take a knee during the national anthem lol.

• Haha
Reactions: member 51464

edguy

Feb 5, 2014
Charlottetown, PEI
Agreed I feel terrible for their fans.

As a Browns fan, I am excited about this move, he has a proven track record of Elite NFL play and I look forward to him proving that again.

As for the cases at hand, I have my own opinions, but to say the least some of the claims are shaky at best. There are a lot of real questions you have to have about the claimants and their credibility. Do I think some acts happened between some of these masseuses? yes. But there is a lot more to it than that at this point, like why they continued to reach out and try to get him to book more appointments.

I think he gets 6-8 games from the NFL.

Breakers

Make Mirrored Visors Legal Again
Aug 5, 2014
Denver Colorado
Dumbest organization in the history of football

I’m still speechless they allowed him to structure his guaranteed money to avoid the upcoming suspension so he loses like nothing of his guarantees

Reactions: BigRedWings

Mrfenn92

Proud to be American
Sponsor
Nov 27, 2018
Chicago,Illinois
As a Browns fan, I am excited about this move, he has a proven track record of Elite NFL play and I look forward to him proving that again.

As for the cases at hand, I have my own opinions, but to say the least some of the claims are shaky at best. There are a lot of real questions you have to have about the claimants and their credibility. Do I think some acts happened between some of these masseuses? yes. But there is a lot more to it than that at this point, like why they continued to reach out and try to get him to book more appointments.

I think he gets 6-8 games from the NFL.
Fair enough

edguy

Feb 5, 2014
Charlottetown, PEI
Dumbest organization in the history of football

I’m still speechless they allowed him to structure his guaranteed money to avoid the upcoming suspension so he loses like nothing of his guarantees

It was dumb to get a franchise QB for the next 10 years? And to structure his contract in accordance with a way as to not obstruct us while he is suspended?

This wasn't a move for this season, it was a move for the next 10 years.
Keep in mind Big Ben was also suspended for misconduct at one point too, should they face consequences? Sure, should it define their career? No.

Breakers

Aug 5, 2014
Denver Colorado
It was dumb to get a franchise QB for the next 10 years? And to structure his contract in accordance with a way as to not obstruct us while he is suspended?

This wasn't a move for this season, it was a move for the next 10 years.
Keep in mind Big Ben was also suspended for misconduct at one point too, should they face consequences? Sure, should it define their career? No.

Browns continue to embarrass themselves

Not really shocking though how desperate they were

Reactions: BigRedWings

Breakers

Aug 5, 2014
Denver Colorado
Lol good explanation. You are clearly very well spoken in your arguments

Argument
Like spending the farm without doing even the slightest bit of due diligence and having to guarantee every single dollar and structure the money so he can accept after he already rejected you once

That is desperation
Learn to keep up
It’s not that difficult
But apparently it is for you

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad