Trade: [CLE/HOU] Deshaun Watson (signs 5 years, $230M) and 2024 5th for 2022, 2023, and 2024 1sts, 2023 3rd, 2024 4th

• PLEASE check any bookmark on all devices. IF you see a link pointing to mandatory.com DELETE it Please use this URL https://forums.hfboards.com/

TeddyBare

Jul 28, 2016
Mississauga, Ontario
Rappaport is wondering what clauses if any were in the trade if this gets out of control.
He doesn’t know if there is, but heard they were considering it when the trade happened

Like one of the 1st’s they traded is forfeited back

This is picking up more and more steam

Big Poppa Puck

HF's Villain
Dec 8, 2009
D-Boss' Dungeon
How anyone can think this dude is innocent is incredible. 24 separate women are lying? Jesus.

Rusty Hardin is a piece of shit too, that guy reeks of corruption.

I think there may be some who are just trying to piggy back and get a quick payday, but there's no possible way all 24 are lying. There's definitely fire to this smoke and if not a full blow predator, he's at best colossal sleezeball/scumbag.

I think he ends up with 6 games at the minimum. Players have gotten more for less.

TheAngryHank

Expert
May 28, 2008
Dude will get crushed by fans on the road and possibly home games too forever.
Bills fans threw dildos at Brady for no apparent reason ,how much massage oil gets thrown at him ,or " happy ending " signs .. people are creative, Homeboy better be ready cause it's coming hard.

CupofOil

Knob Flavored Coffey
Aug 20, 2009
NYC
Dude will get crushed by fans on the road and possibly home games too forever.
Bills fans threw dildos at Brady for no apparent reason ,how much massage oil gets thrown at him ,or " happy ending " signs .. people are creative, Homeboy better be ready cause it's coming hard.
Fan reaction is the least of his worries at this point.

GKJ

Global Moderator
Feb 27, 2002
I think there may be some who are just trying to piggy back and get a quick payday, but there's no possible way all 24 are lying. There's definitely fire to this smoke and if not a full blow predator, he's at best colossal sleezeball/scumbag.

I think he ends up with 6 games at the minimum. Players have gotten more for less.
I think it was the legal strategy. Without recordings it’s near impossible to nail him, but they can keep his name at the forefront by continuing to file lawsuits because everyone knows they aren’t frivolous. Especially since the NFL never finished their investigation.

TheAngryHank

Expert
May 28, 2008
Fan reaction is the least of his worries at this point.
For sure but these guys train all year for the time on the field on Sunday. Now the best part,the actual games will be brutal.
Will Smith slaps a dude and cancel culture is all over him , does it not apply to sports?

TheAngryHank

Expert
May 28, 2008
I think it was the legal strategy. Without recordings it’s near impossible to nail him, but they can keep his name at the forefront by continuing to file lawsuits because everyone knows they aren’t frivolous. Especially since the NFL never finished their investigation.
As they should. Public humiliation is where I'd start ,get the twitter mob behind you.

Ben Grimm

It's clobberin time!🥊
Dec 10, 2007
ATL
NFL teams have world class trainers. Why couldn't he get massages from team trainers?

GKJ

Global Moderator
Feb 27, 2002
As they should. Public humiliation is where I'd start ,get the twitter mob behind you.

They have to go after the Shield. The NFL has proven they will go to great lengths to protect the Shield. Implicating an entire team gets closer to that than constantly going after Watson on his own as that runs the risk of garnering him sympathy.

kihei

McEnroe: The older I get, the better I used to be.
Jun 14, 2006
Toronto
How do you get 22 civil suits without a single criminal charge?

misterchainsaw

Preparing PHASE TWO!
Nov 3, 2005
Rochester, NY
How do you get 22 civil suits without a single criminal charge?
Standard of proof is different in civil vs. criminal cases. Cases like this it's very hard to prove "beyond a reasonable doubt", but the standard for a civil case is much lower.

It's also very difficult to get a grand jury to indict on criminal charges with an uncooperative DA, as these seemed to be (I seem to recall seeing that the Texans were in constant communication with him, which is shady at best)

Ace

Oct 29, 2015
Here it is:

Now we got an all out cover up

We’ve known from the start though. There were multiple accusers there to testify that weren’t allowed to. It’s been a sham from the word go. He needs to be out of the league. Full stop.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad