Trade: [CLE/HOU] Deshaun Watson (signs 5 years, $230M) and 2024 5th for 2022, 2023, and 2024 1sts, 2023 3rd, 2024 4th

• PLEASE check any bookmark on all devices. IF you see a link pointing to mandatory.com DELETE it Please use this URL https://forums.hfboards.com/

SirClintonPortis

ProudCapitalsTraitor
Mar 9, 2011
Maryland native
I suspect some behind-the-scenes levers were pulled so the NFL can have hard evidence to suspend Watson for an entire season, possibly more. Houston just need to bail themselves out, so they coordinated with the states' attorney to drop the first batch of criminal cases.

NFL owners are like a cartel in some matters but they are still self-interested businessmen regarding their bottom line. Cleveland accelerated the pay inflation and years guaranteed too fast, too soon, and to a man of poor public opinion. I mean, every QB contract negotiation from here on out will point to Watson as a baseline.

spintheblackcircle

incoming!!!
Mar 1, 2002
No, he didn't pay the massage parlor owner so he could supply him, with unwilling women.......he was just being a nice guy.

A week that ended up being chock full of developments in the Deshaun Watson situation included news that a Houston spa owner has testified that Watson paid her $5,000 because he’s a “nice guy.” Attorney Rusty Hardin, who has become very vocal in recent days, has explained the payment in comments to Brent Schrotenboer of USA Today.

“She asked him to help out her business and he did, and that’s what the $5,000 was,” Hardin said. “It didn’t have anything to do with all the ulterior suggestions.”

At least three of the plaintiffs worked for or were associated with Dionne Louis, the recipient of the $5,000 payment. Nia Smith, who filed suit last week against Watson, specifically claims that Louis facilitated massages for Watson and knew Watson was attempting to have sex with his massage therapists. And as footnote 4 to Smith’s lawsuit points out, Louis invoked the Fifth Amendment privilege against self-incrimination when asked about text messages she exchanged with Watson.

StreetHawk

Sep 30, 2017

That’s why you should t have traded for him until he settled all his cases. I don’t get how he, his agent, lawyer haven’t come to the conclusion that he should get these lawsuits settled ASAP if the opportunity presented itself.

GKJ

Global Moderator
Feb 27, 2002

"well well well if it isn't the consequences of my actions"

GKJ

Global Moderator
Feb 27, 2002
Lmao what a scumf*** org the Browns are.

"We felt okay to give you all of the money after the first 23 lawsuits, but 24 is just too many."

Did the coach run this one by his wife and daughters too?
Not only give him the money, but structured it so he would get as much as possible in case he was suspended for THE ENTIRE SEASON

Reactions: Hasbro

spintheblackcircle

incoming!!!
Mar 1, 2002
If the Texans were in on it, the Browns could not only ask to get the $$$ back from Watson, you know they will ask for the picks back in next years draft plus penalty picks.

GKJ

Global Moderator
Feb 27, 2002
I thought we knew the Texans knew. I feel like that was discussed.

StreetHawk

Sep 30, 2017
If the Texans were in on it, the Browns could not only ask to get the $$$ back from Watson, you know they will ask for the picks back in next years draft plus penalty picks.
Onus was on rhe browns to do their due diligence. 22 lawsuits filed meaning that there are most likely more that didn’t choose to file.

Miami wanted them all resolved before acquiring watson. Browns were simply desperate.

Tuggy

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Nov 26, 2003
Saint John

So the Texans appearing very complicit.

The NFL is basically bulletproof so nothing really hurts them, but this continues to be such an ugly story all around.

Ace

Oct 29, 2015
Its almost as if due diligence should involve more than asking the accused party. The NFL is lucky they haven’t don’t anything yet before something their supposed investigation didn’t uncover broke. He’s gotta get the year with option for longer depending on where we are in a year.

GKJ

Global Moderator
Feb 27, 2002
I’m not so sure the Browns would or should get their picks back. Nobody forced them to do the trade just as nobody forced them to do the contract. Just void the picks so no one gets them.

Reactions: Spring in Fialta

GKJ

Global Moderator
Feb 27, 2002
The only thing that I would think okay for the Browns to be left off the hook for is the dough.
That’s within the contract. I’d have to imagine it would absolve them of the dead cap, because if not they wouldn’t be able to field a team.

kingsholygrail

We've made progress - Robitaille
Sponsor
Dec 21, 2006
Derpifornia
I'll say the same thing I said for Baeur, if it was all consentual and there isn't evidence of misconduct on a legal level, I don't see why he shouldn't play unless the NFL has a specific policy against massage parlor activities. And if there are violations, then no, the Browns shouldn't be off the hook because they knew he was being investigated when they made the trade.

GKJ

Global Moderator
Feb 27, 2002
I'll say the same thing I said for Baeur, if it was all consentual and there isn't evidence of misconduct on a legal level, I don't see why he shouldn't play unless the NFL has a specific policy against massage parlor activities. And if there are violations, then no, the Browns shouldn't be off the hook because they knew he was being investigated when they made the trade.
The NFL is not a court of law, nor is their code of conduct subject to it. That's collectively bargained.

Spring in Fialta

A malign star kept him
Apr 1, 2007
Montreal, QC

There is absolutely no way a guy with a clear pattern seeing dozens of women in such a short time span was involved in consensual interactions every time. He's a fraud, which was obvious from the start.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad