Trade: [CLE/HOU] Deshaun Watson (signs 5 years, $230M) and 2024 5th for 2022, 2023, and 2024 1sts, 2023 3rd, 2024 4th

• PLEASE check any bookmark on all devices. IF you see a link pointing to mandatory.com DELETE it Please use this URL https://forums.hfboards.com/

SirClintonPortis

ProudCapitalsTraitor
Mar 9, 2011
Maryland native
the amount of hot dogging and grand standing by "browns fans" over this is confusing

if memory serves me correct Watson was not convicted by a grand jury

so what is the problem here, why is there so much outrage from Browns faithful on this. The judicial system found him not guilty and the NFL has cleared him to play
Ever shoplifted in your life but never got caught? Or maybe had a good excuse for skipping class?

The practice of law is not an exercise in pursuing absolute fact. It's about getting a party's desired result using logical reasoning.

John Price

Gang Gang
Sep 19, 2008
Ever shoplifted in your life but never got caught? Or maybe had a good excuse for skipping class?

The practice of law is not an exercise in pursuing absolute fact. It's about getting a party's desired result using logical reasoning.
IANAL so thank you for this explanation

HoseEmDown

Mar 25, 2012
the amount of hot dogging and grand standing by "browns fans" over this is confusing

if memory serves me correct Watson was not convicted by a grand jury

so what is the problem here, why is there so much outrage from Browns faithful on this. The judicial system found him not guilty and the NFL has cleared him to play

If OJ Simpson was in his prime playing days would you sign him after a jury found him innocent?

Reactions: LT

No Fun Shogun

34-38-61-10-13-15
May 1, 2011
Illinois
I may not be high on Baker Mayfield

But I honestly did not think that literally nobody wants this guy

I don't think it's a measure of nobody wanting him, but everybody knowing that the Browns forced themselves into a bad place where they'll have to either offer another team picks to take his contract or cut him and make him a cheap pickup in the offseason/early season. He's a serviceable QB, but there's no point in paying anything remotely close to a premium for him when chances are that they could get him for much cheaper on a dollar and assets perspective down the road.

SirClintonPortis

ProudCapitalsTraitor
Mar 9, 2011
Maryland native
Seems like Houston wanted to send a message to players not to rebel or else the gentleman's agreement to let transgressions slide can be "lifted".

But then they realized they actually sucked as much as Deshaun thought they did....

So they needed to get fans in the stands again with a good team instead of continuing the humiliation campaign.

That doesn't mean Watson is actually innocent, just that his team decided to no hide his warts because he tried to force his way out. I mean, Tyreek Hill is likely a POS against women but his transgressions are kept obscure from most of the public. But then Houston cracked and put football first too because their team does suck and they need draft capital to rebuild.

hatterson

Apr 12, 2010
North Tonawanda, NY
Guys like Deshaun Watson will always get a second chance because he has a skillset that roughly only 10 other people in the world have.

It’s not so much that he got a second chance that’s getting people it’s the fact that he’s still in the middle of stuff hitting the fan and the team handed him $80 more guaranteed than any player in history.

It would be one thing if he faced some consequences. Played a couple years as a model citizen and then got a good deal.

Reactions: LT

Voight

#winning
Feb 8, 2012
Mulberry Street
Guys like Deshaun Watson will always get a second chance because he has a skillset that roughly only 10 other people in the world have.

Of course... athletes (also celebrities in general) always get away with far more than regular people.

Plaxico & Vick - two guys off the top of my head that went to jail and came back to the league. There been numerous others.

Josh Brown the Giants kicker, IIRC he played another year or two after admitting to beating his wife. Ray Rice didn't get released until there was video evidence. Kareem Hunt still has a job.

Spring in Fialta

A malign star kept him
Apr 1, 2007
Montreal, QC
It’s not so much that he got a second chance that’s getting people it’s the fact that he’s still in the middle of stuff hitting the fan and the team handed him $80 more guaranteed than any player in history.

It would be one thing if he faced some consequences. Played a couple years as a model citizen and then got a good deal.

All it takes is one thirsty ass team (i.e. Cleveland after giving up on Mayfield) and the figures don't even matter after that I'm not condoning it, just that it was the obvious conclusion the moment charges weren't followed through with.

Blitzkrug

Sep 17, 2013
Winnipeg
Of course... athletes (also celebrities in general) always get away with far more than regular people.

Plaxico & Vick - two guys off the top of my head that went to jail and came back to the league. There been numerous others.

Josh Brown the Giants kicker, IIRC he played another year or two after admitting to beating his wife. Ray Rice didn't get released until there was video evidence. Kareem Hunt still has a job.
Kareem Hunt also had video come out to show that his incident was more of someone losing his cool under the influence than straight up domestic violence. Not condoning what he did, but his case is far less problematic compared to Ray Rice coldcocking his wife or Josh Brown's abusive behavior.

And in the case of Vick, he was a rare case of the prison system doing what it was supposed to and reforming someone. He didn't do anything wrong after getting out and appears as if he felt remorse for his actions.

Reactions: BSHH

Panthaz89

Buffalo Sabres, Carolina Panthers fan
Dec 24, 2016
Buffalo,NY
Kareem Hunt also had video come out to show that his incident was more of someone losing his cool under the influence than straight up domestic violence. Not condoning what he did, but his case is far less problematic compared to Ray Rice coldcocking his wife or Josh Brown's abusive behavior.

And in the case of Vick, he was a rare case of the prison system doing what it was supposed to and reforming someone. He didn't do anything wrong after getting out and appears as if he felt remorse for his actions.
wtf no Hunt is just as bad....wtf does being under the influence have to do with anything that is not a real excuse.

Reactions: Barnaby

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad