Proposal: Chychrun to Anaheim

• PLEASE check any bookmark on all devices. IF you see a link pointing to mandatory.com DELETE it Please use this URL https://forums.hfboards.com/

WingsMJN2965

Oct 13, 2017
Loooooooool
Honestly I think it was a great trade, the results (Cholowski being a complete idiot in his own end and Holland using the cap space he bought to sign FRANS NIELSEN) are what sucked.

On paper, dropping 4 draft spots and adding a late 2nd to free $7.5M in dead cap is a steal.

Back on topic, I don’t think Anaheim is a good fit and it’s hard for me to make a Detroit proposal because I don’t think we are either.

Prestigeworldwide

Apr 21, 2017
If everyone is so sure AZ is getting short-changed in this proposal, then let’s remove the “OR” and the 2nd. Does that make it fair?

Comtois
Perreault
Zellweger
Conditional 1st
If a player like McTavish,Byfield,Brandt C. isn't in the mix I'm passing. Rather keep him and look around at the draft. After the recent trades for rental D, Chychrun and his contract should get a top prospect imo.

Empoleon8771

Aug 25, 2015
Redmond, WA
I'm saying that having a great draft+1 season in the WHL won't move the needle much in term of a prospect's value after being drafted. If he was doing that in a college league or a men's league, that would be one thing, but that has never shown to be true in the WHL (or the CHL in general) just because of the uncertainty that comes from those prospects.

"yOu'Re NoT pRoViDiNg An ArGuMeNt AnYoNe CaN uNdErStAnD!!!!!!!!!!!!"

The most recent examples of guys who I'd argue "exploded" as prospects that come to mind are guys like Knight, Zegras and Brannstrom. Those guys were mid 1st rounders who suddenly exploded into "arguably best prospect in hockey" category based on dominating in the NCAA or a pro league in Europe. I can't think of the last guy who was in that position in the CHL who made that jump from dominating in the CHL. Maybe Nick Suzuki?

Jul 29, 2003
Saskatoon
Visit site
Where am I using that as an argument against him? I'm saying that him dominating in the WHL won't move his value much because prospects who dominate in the CHL never have their values move much. You need to be dominating in a college or men's league, like what guys like Zegras or Brannstrom have done in the past, to get massive spikes in value. Dominating in the CHL won't cut it.

I have made my argument in here really clear. You just appear to be unable to read.
Zegras didn't dominate college lol. And it can absolutely up his value, especially when he was a bit of an unknown when he was drafted and now people are able to see what he's capable of.

There's nothing wrong with admitting you don't know much about the kid, no one expects you to.

rt

Clean Hits on Substack
"yOu'Re NoT pRoViDiNg An ArGuMeNt AnYoNe CaN uNdErStAnD!!!!!!!!!!!!"

The most recent examples of guys who I'd argue "exploded" as prospects that come to mind are guys like Knight, Zegras and Brannstrom. Those guys were mid 1st rounders who suddenly exploded into "arguably best prospect in hockey" category based on dominating in the NCAA or a pro league in Europe. I can't think of the last guy who was in that position in the CHL who made that jump from dominating in the CHL. Maybe Nick Suzuki?
Your point is stupid because it’s meaningless. “Exploded” in value? It doesn’t mean anything.

Reactions: 405Entrance

bsu

"I have no idea what I am doing" -Pat VerBleak
Sep 27, 2017
Zellweger is Girard/Spurgeon mix. He's gonna be a good one, I have him ranked right below McTavish on our prospect list.

Empoleon8771

Aug 25, 2015
Redmond, WA
Zegras didn't dominate college lol. And it can absolutely up his value, especially when he was a bit of an unknown when he was drafted and now people are able to see what he's capable of.

There's nothing wrong with admitting you don't know much about the kid, no one expects you to.

This has nothing to do with "not knowing much" about Zelleweger, this is pointing out how prospect values actually change.

Zelleweger is having a phenomenal rookie season, to the point where Anaheim should clearly keep him. But other teams aren't going to value him much higher than what draft pick he was used on just because players dominating in the CHL have a ton more variance than other leagues.

Your point is stupid because it’s meaningless. “Exploded” in value? It doesn’t mean anything.

Amazing contribution, you've convinced me!

I guess you can sell off Chychrun for whatever shit offer satisfies what you want, it doesn't impact me in any way.

rt

Clean Hits on Substack
Zellweger is Girard/Spurgeon mix. He's gonna be a good one, I have him ranked right below McTavish on our prospect list.
He can’t possibly be ranked higher than Perreault because Perrault was drafted earlier and apparently it’s not possible for a prospect to improve their stock before they change leagues. Lol.

I’m sure you’d be happy to accept Arizona’s 2nd for Zellweger, right? The kid you draft there will be an earlier pick than Zellweger, afterall. We all know how much teams give a rat’s ass about draft position years later.

rt

Clean Hits on Substack
This has nothing to do with "not knowing much" about Zelleweger, this is pointing out how prospect values actually change.

I guess you can sell off Chychrun for whatever shit offer satisfies what you want, it doesn't impact me in any way.
It’s embarrassing how sarcastic you are when your point sucks so bad.

Reactions: Kent Nilsson

Empoleon8771

Aug 25, 2015
Redmond, WA
It’s embarrassing how sarcastic you are when your point sucks so bad.

Nah, the only embarrassing thing in here is how defensive you're getting because people said your offer was bad

But go ahead, ship off Chychrun for whatever shit return you want. Doesn't impact me whatsoever.

Jul 29, 2003
Saskatoon
Visit site

Zelleweger is having a phenomenal rookie season, to the point where Anaheim should clearly keep him. But other teams aren't going to value him much higher than what draft pick he was used on just because players dominating in the CHL have a ton more variance than other leagues.

I don't think its exactly an outrageous concept that teams might value a guy more because he's stepped his game up and is playing really, really well.

DucksUnited

Mar 16, 2022
Honestly I think it was a great trade, the results (Cholowski being a complete idiot in his own end and Holland using the cap space he bought to sign FRANS NIELSEN) are what sucked.

On paper, dropping 4 draft spots and adding a late 2nd to free $7.5M in dead cap is a steal.

Back on topic, I don’t think Anaheim is a good fit and it’s hard for me to make a Detroit proposal because I don’t think we are either.

I have to agree. Anaheim is showing every indication that it’s fully rebuild time. Chychrun would be amazing if this team was in clear contention or even a lock for the playoffs. It truly isn’t. Our GM is clearly showing full rebuild. Manson gone, Lindholm gone, Deslauriers gone. And we haven’t even gotten to Rakell and Maxime Comtois yet.

If you look at the incoming items for the players we shipped out? Prospects and picks. This team shouldn’t waste assets on Chychrun when he’s that good in Anaheim, and waste his years here. And who knows on Gibson….. he may want out this off season or even this deadline.

Either way both Detroit and Anaheim will just have to hold hands during this transitioning period

Zegs2sendhelp

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Jul 25, 2012
He can’t possibly be ranked higher than Perreault because Perrault was drafted earlier and apparently it’s not possible for a prospect to improve their stock before they change leagues. Lol.

I’m sure you’d be happy to accept Arizona’s 2nd for Zellweger, right? The kid you draft there will be an earlier pick than Zellweger, afterall. We all know how much teams give a rat’s ass about draft position years later.
Ah you get it ;)

Crazy how Zellweger is 3rd best prospect in our system behind Dostal and McTavish.... but he was drafted ... *checks notes* in the 2nd round.

Only reason he was drafted so low was because of his age , only played 11 games in his draft year... if he was 5 days younger hes prob flirting with top 10 in this years draft.

bsu

"I have no idea what I am doing" -Pat VerBleak
Sep 27, 2017
46 games, 61 points, +38, 198 SOG as a defensemen... 8 days from being eligible in 2022 draft.

Zegs2sendhelp

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Jul 25, 2012
Nah, the only embarrassing thing in here is how defensive you're getting because people said your offer was bad

But go ahead, ship off Chychrun for whatever shit return you want. Doesn't impact me whatsoever.
There have been pretty much 0 counter offers to his orginal offer... outside of the kings iffy turcotte durzi vilardi and 1st.

If you were going to measure those assets it prob goes

Zellweger > Ducks 1st > Kings 1st >= Comtois, turcotte , Durzi > Vilardi > 2nd round pick in ducks trade

the condition could make kings/ducks pick equal

WhatTheDuck

9 - 20 - 8
May 17, 2007
Worst Case, Ontario
Where am I using that as an argument against him? I'm saying that him dominating in the WHL won't move his value much because prospects who dominate in the CHL never have their values move much. You need to be dominating in a college or men's league, like what guys like Zegras or Brannstrom have done in the past, to get massive spikes in value. Dominating in the CHL won't cut it.

I have made my argument in here really clear. You just appear to be unable to read.

There is zero doubt that this player improved his stock massively this year. He would be a top 15 pick in the 2022 draft if he was born a few days later.

This isn't a case of going back and outperforming a couple of the guys drafted ahead of him. Zellweger's performance is one of strongest WHL seasons by a Dman in decades. Not an 19 or 20 year old physical specimen but an underdeveloped kid. Also made the WJC team (over earlier or similar picks from the year prior) and earns a big role. He's already shown so far beyond his draft stock, and a blanket statement about CHL players doesn't change any minds.

rt

Clean Hits on Substack
Ah you get it ;)

Crazy how Zellweger is 3rd best prospect in our system behind Dostal and McTavish.... but he was drafted ... *checks notes* in the 2nd round.

Only reason he was drafted so low was because of his age , only played 11 games in his draft year... if he was 5 days younger hes prob flirting with top 10 in this years draft.
There was something going on that made it hard for kids to play and scouts to scout. I can’t quite remember. It wasn’t Ukraine. It was some other thing…ahhhh well…old news is old news.

unicornpig

Dec 8, 2017
There have been pretty much 0 counter offers to his orginal offer... outside of the kings iffy turcotte durzi vilardi and 1st.

If you were going to measure those assets it prob goes

Zellweger > Ducks 1st > Kings 1st >= Comtois, turcotte , Durzi > Vilardi > 2nd round pick in ducks trade

the condition could make kings/ducks pick equal
LOL, in your genius own words based on what

Empoleon8771

Aug 25, 2015
Redmond, WA
I don't think its exactly an outrageous concept that teams might value a guy more because he's stepped his game up and is playing really, really well.

Zellweger is having a phenomenal season, to the point where Anaheim should be ecstatic that they got him for a 2nd rounder. But considering how much weaker the CHL is relative to the NCAA or European pro leagues, teams will value him dominating in the WHL way less than if he was dominating in a different league. It's a high risk for teams to basically be buying high on prospects in one of the CHL leagues.

I can imagine teams would value him higher, but there wouldn't be this massive difference in value relative to where he was drafted. There is just too much risk with CHL prospects for teams to do that, it's why these "booming" prospects almost always come out of the NCAA or Europe.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad