Proposal: Chychrun to Anaheim

• PLEASE check any bookmark on all devices. IF you see a link pointing to mandatory.com DELETE it Please use this URL https://forums.hfboards.com/

Empoleon8771

Aug 25, 2015
Redmond, WA
He's 8 days away from being in THIS years draft... and is scoring at the highest pace of anyone his age... ever. You don't know what you are talking about.

Neat. He's not going to do anything to substantially raise his draft position unless he does something extraordinary, which is more than what he has done in the WHL this year.

You need to be dominating in a pro league or college to have a substantial movement in prospect value before turning pro. Dominating in the WHL won't move the needle much.

WingsMJN2965

Oct 13, 2017
If there was anything to be learned from the Hagel deal, it’s that good contracts with term are worth an absurd haul.

Arizona can get more.

Reactions: Prarievarg

bsu

"I have no idea what I am doing" -Pat VerBleak
Sep 27, 2017
Neat. He's not going to do anything to substantially raise his draft position unless he does something extraordinary, which is more than what he has done in the WHL this year.

You need to be dominating in a pro league or college to have a substantial movement in prospect value before turning pro. Dominating in the WHL won't move the needle much.
He is almost an entire year ahead of development because of it, what the hell are you talking about?

Zegs2sendhelp

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Jul 25, 2012
Wasn't really relevant to my point. My point was that all of the other pieces that Anaheim is giving up is basically just what Boston gave up for Lindholm, and they're just adding Zellweger on top of that package for Chychrun.
I guess it just depends on your opinion of Zellweger....

DucksUnited

Mar 16, 2022
Gibson is going to want out. All his buddies are getting traded. They can’t afford to move Dostal. I’d love to add Dostal. He’s Vejmelka’s old teammate. Would be a great match. But I can’t see it. Maybe if we add Prosvetov?

With Rakell going next and Maxime Comtois before deadline. I’m sure Gibson will be wanting out also. Everyone says the deadline is done are surely mistaken.

Reactions: sasha barkov

Zegs2sendhelp

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Jul 25, 2012
this was a joke proposal to him, vilardi, turcotte 1st and durzi.
Well to be fair Vilardi/Turcotte are closer to busts than solid good nhl prospects...

hell the only reason turcotte is made available is beacuse people starting to think it was a bad pick at 5

unicornpig

Dec 8, 2017
The Anaheim proposal is MUCH better. You think Vilardi and Turcotte are way more desirable than they are. Both are unappealing. You’re just way too impressed with LA’s pool.
and again youre cluelesss. comtois is already a bust lol

Reactions: Guitpik

Empoleon8771

Aug 25, 2015
Redmond, WA
He is almost an entire year ahead of development because of it, what the hell are you talking about?

What are you even arguing here?

I'm saying that having a great draft+1 season in the WHL won't move the needle much in term of a prospect's value after being drafted. If he was doing that in a college league or a men's league, that would be one thing, but that has never shown to be true in the WHL (or the CHL in general) just because of the uncertainty that comes from those prospects.

You see way more guys who dominate in the CHL struggle when they turn pro than guys who dominate in an European pro league or the NCAA struggle when they turn pro. My team has Sam Poulin, who had 77 points in 46 games in his draft+1 season in the QMJHL and is just below a 0.5 PPG as a rookie in the AHL this year.

rt

Clean Hits on Substack
and again youre cluelesss. comtois is already a bust lol
Comtois is slumping in the NHL, not treading water in the AHL. You’re just a homer, man. I’m not arguing Arizona’s prospects are better. I don’t have an Anaheim bias. Lol. You just think LA’s prospects are better than they are. I watch a ton of CHL and USHL hockey.

rt

Clean Hits on Substack

I'm saying that having a great draft+1 season in the WHL won't move the needle much in term of a prospect's value after being drafted. If he was doing that in a college league or a men's league, that would be one thing, but that has never shown to be true in the WHL (or the CHL in general) just because of the uncertainty that comes from those prospects.

You see way more guys who dominate in the CHL struggle when they turn pro than guys who dominate in an European pro league or the NCAA struggle when they turn pro. My team has Sam Poulin, who had 77 points in 46 games in his draft+1 season in the QMJHL and is just below a 0.5 PPG as a rookie in the AHL this year.
Watch him play hockey. It’ll help you understand.

Jul 29, 2003
Saskatoon
Visit site

Sure but I don't think him doing technically historically great is exactly a point against him. I'd say how he's doing now is probably more relevant than his draft position, which was still decently high and where he was clearly a guy who's draft positioning was affected by the pandemic.

Empoleon8771

Aug 25, 2015
Redmond, WA
Sure but I don't think him doing technically historically great is exactly a point against him. I'd say how he's doing now is probably more relevant than his draft position, which was still decently high and where he was clearly a guy who's draft positioning was affected by the pandemic.

Where am I using that as an argument against him? I'm saying that him dominating in the WHL won't move his value much because prospects who dominate in the CHL never have their values move much. You need to be dominating in a college or men's league, like what guys like Zegras or Brannstrom have done in the past, to get massive spikes in value. Dominating in the CHL won't cut it.

I wouldn’t have to argue against a straw man if you could provide an argument that anyone here could understand. I have no idea what point you’re attempting to make.

I have made my argument in here really clear. You just appear to be unable to read.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad