Rumor: Chychrun Megathread (Asking price has been met per Sportsnet)

• PLEASE check any bookmark on all devices. IF you see a link pointing to mandatory.com DELETE it Please use this URL https://forums.hfboards.com/
Status
Not open for further replies.

JasonDemersWasOkay

F Utah and anyone who roots for them
Nov 14, 2018
Chychrun was not directly brought up in 32 thoughts tonight, but it was noted that Owen Tippett is at the center of trade talks Florida is having. So the puzzle pieces suggest that he could be a piece BA is looking at

YotesFan47

Jun 16, 2012
Phoenix, Arizona USA
It's too bad NJ isn't a big player for Chychrun, I'm worming up to the idea of a package wound Zetterlund, Foote, and a 1st. Ideally I'd like to add Smith to that just to make sure we get plenty of swings at success. If that first ends up between 5-10, we could have a sexy haul.

Last edited:

Jamieh

Apr 25, 2012
Chychrun was not directly brought up in 32 thoughts tonight, but it was noted that Owen Tippett is at the center of trade talks Florida is having. So the puzzle pieces suggest that he could be a piece BA is looking at
Tippett can't have a lot of value these days. Just about to turn 23 and really hasn't stuck in the NHL yet.

Reactions: The don godfather

rt

Clean Hits on Substack

I’m predicting Chychrun goes for Tippett, Knight and Florida’s 2023 1st. Which is pathetic and disgusting.

To me, Knight is worth approximately our 2nd round pick. And Tippett is worth approximately our 3rd round pick.

If it’s not Tippett, Knight and the ‘23 1st, I predict it’s going to be DeBrusk, Swayman and Boston’s 2022 1st. Which is equally disgusting and pathetic.

I can feel it in my bones that BA is about to trade a guy who’s going to be a top 10-30 NHL D for the next 5-8 years for a freaking goalie prospect, an absolute disappointment of a winger, and a late 1st rounder.

It’s going to happen. I know it.

Reactions: Nowotny

rt

Clean Hits on Substack
It's too bad NJ isn't a big player for Chychrun, I'm worming up to the idea of a package wound Zetterlund, Foote, and a 1st. Ideally I'd like to add Smith to that just to make sure we get plenty of swings at success. If that first ends up between 5-10, we could have a sexy haul.
I wouldn’t deal Chychrun to Jersey unless the 1st was completely unprotected.

YotesFan47

Jun 16, 2012
Phoenix, Arizona USA

I’m predicting Chychrun goes for Tippett, Knight and Florida’s 2023 1st. Which is pathetic and disgusting.

To me, Knight is worth approximately our 2nd round pick. And Tippett is worth approximately our 3rd round pick.

If it’s not Tippett, Knight and the ‘23 1st, I predict it’s going to be DeBrusk, Swayman and Boston’s 2022 1st. Which is equally disgusting and pathetic.

I can feel it in my bones that BA is about to trade a guy who’s going to be a top 10-30 NHL D for the next 5-8 years for a freaking goalie prospect, an absolute disappointment of a winger, and a late 1st rounder.

I can't even. If we come away with either of those packages, I'll literally die inside. This will be like the time JC traded up and I thought we were selecting Caufield, only to select Soderstrom, a prospect I had basically zero knowledge on. I fell to the floor, like a child would in a tantrum. It was embarrassing but that's what would happen to me if I read one of those returns.

Reactions: 0point1 and Nowotny

Headcrush19

Jul 2, 2021

To be fair it's hard for Owen Tippett to get on the scoring lines due to Florida being stacked.He was a great scorer in junior.I like him but he's needs to improve in some areas.Knight is a good goalie prospect but the I agree that it wouldn't be the best package for Chychrun.Florida fans really like Knight.

rt

Clean Hits on Substack
I can't even. If we come away with either of those packages, I'll literally die inside. This will be like the time JC traded up and I thought we were selecting Caufield, only to select Soderstrom, a prospect I had basically zero knowledge on. I fell to the floor, like a child would in a tantrum. It was embarrassing but that's what would happen to me if I read one of those returns.
I was drinking beer and watching that draft with @Grimes - before the first round started, they were interviewing Soderstrom and I was like “that’s pretty much the only kid in our range I really don’t want” - haha. He’s improved in my estimation since. I’m not much of a scout.

Reactions: Grimes

rt

Clean Hits on Substack
To be fair it's hard for Owen Tippett to get on the scoring lines due to Florida being stacked.He was a great scorer in junior.I like him but he's needs to improve in some areas.Knight is a good goalie prospect but the I agree that it wouldn't be the best package for Chychrun.Florida fans really like Knight.
I like Knight, too. I like him and Swayman better than any other goalie prospects in the world. I give a slight edge to Swayman. But I like Knight. He’s as good as a goalie prospect can be. And he’s a very interesting kid. One of those clearly intelligent, not your typical meathead guys. Like Garland and Hall. Gives thoughtful answers and is an impressive kid. Good leadership characteristics. I like Knight.

But man I liked Al Montoya, too. :) These goalies are just so unpredictable. And it’s not just when they’re prospects. Look at Kuemper. I just don’t believe in spending big assets on goalie. That goes for trade assets and cap space, too. Goalies should be “easy come, easy go”, in my opinion. That’s just my philosophy.

I don’t think much of Owen Tippett, at all. I do like Mackie Samoskevich quite a bit, though. I could probably live with a deal that includes Knight AND Samoskevich AND a Florida’s ‘23 1st. If it’s just one or two of those pieces and it’s Owen Tippett instead, I’m gonna be damn grouchy.

The don godfather

Jul 5, 2018
Woodbridge Ontario
Bruins fan here. If you guys do get sway I'm telling you guys right now you got yourselves a franchise goaltender. Hes very cool under pressure and very carey price like. I wish we actually dont do a deal with you guys I like him so much. But if you do end up getting him your laughing all the way to the bank.

Reactions: Headcrush19

Headcrush19

Jul 2, 2021
Bruins fan here. If you guys do get sway I'm telling you guys right now you got yourselves a franchise goaltender. Hes very cool under pressure and very carey price like. I wish we actually dont do a deal with you guys I like him so much. But if you do end up getting him your laughing all the way to the bank.
Well we need to also get some good players through our rebuild and draft.Goalies need good help on d too.We also need more scorers

Reactions: The don godfather

PainForShane

formerly surfshop
Dec 24, 2019

IF we don't completely mess up his development, which I think is likely especially if (as expected) we are really bad for the next 3-4 years. Not the kid's fault but imo his chances of success are much higher if he stays in Boston (even if it takes a bit longer due to goalie depth)

Last edited:

Jakey53

Aug 27, 2011
Fan made up deals not realistic? You don’t say. How rare on this particular platform.

care to speculate yet on a potential return?
I have no idea. I guess it depends on which NHL player that is involved will decide if we get much or anything more. BA set his price to see if he could sucker any GM, and so far he hasn't. IF we trade Chych I think we get a solid NHL player, a high end prospect who is ready for the NHL and stuff like a cap dump or a player needing a change of scenery. Now, if a goalie is involved, then that stuff better be good stuff.

Jakey53

Aug 27, 2011

I agree with your valuations, but Tippett and DeBrusk have been available so a deal would have already happened.

Jakey53

Aug 27, 2011
He has only played 26 games. Goalies scare the you know what out of me.

lanky

Feeling Spicy
Jun 23, 2007
Winnipeg
Swayman and Knight have both had stellar NCAA results. They're both quite new to the NHL but Swayman has already put up above average results while Knight is tracking below average in the NHL.

I'd be happy to get Swayman in a Crouse deal but I don't want either one in a Chychrun deal.

Reactions: Nowotny

Mosby

Feb 16, 2012
I sort of like Tippett but his development was a little messed up, so he’ll fit in perfectly here. He should have spent more time in the minors but it’s kind of too late for that now. One of those guy who if not scoring has no effect on the game.

SR

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Mar 31, 2008
Arizona
Not sure how that snippet of 32 thoughts says Chychrun for tippet and extras makes any noise.

If BA wanted tippet, Chychrun would be in Florida by now. Tippet isn’t the right piece in a Chychrun trade.

Reactions: YotesFan47

hbk

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Feb 28, 2002
Visit site
Rewatching last years draft to get hyped up on the prospects of teams we are supposedly talking with.

57special

Posting the right way since 2012.
Sep 5, 2012
MN
It would have to be a huge pile and their fans would be absolutely hysterical at the suggestion. But I’m thinking Sandin AND Knies AND Niemela AND the 1st. Like that. A very BIG pile of stuff.
MN fan here. Knies has looked REALLY good this year in college. Big, power forward with skill, smarts, and able to work inside. Just knows how to score. Only slight weakness is his skating. It's not bad, just not a strong point.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad