Proposal: Chychrun for Vilardi, Turcotte, and a 1st

• PLEASE check any bookmark on all devices. IF you see a link pointing to mandatory.com DELETE it Please use this URL https://forums.hfboards.com/

bsu

"I have no idea what I am doing" -Pat VerBleak
Sep 27, 2017
than I guess authors like Wheeler of the athletic over rate LA as well. the kings have numerous high potential prospects. I think most agree on that.
The Kings have tremendous depth with prospects... but their top end prospects have left a lot to be desired at the professional level (both AHL and NHL) thus far. They are all still young I am sure some of them will figure it out. They have the luxury that if some of their prospects end up not working out they still have more coming. Thus far production wise almost all their HIGH END prospects have underwhelmed at the pro level though.

kilowatt

the vibes are not immaculate
Jan 1, 2009
I'm not interested in Chychrun anymore. To be honest, I don't even think LA needs help at LD. With Clarke coming next season, there's not even going to be room. I would shift Durzi over to his off-side and call it a day. As is, LA is going to have to find a spot for Sean Walker (or trade him).

Anderson - Doughty
Durzi - Roy
Bjornfot - Clarke

kings11

Sep 29, 2011
Las Vegas
Sick join date bro, shit on fans who have stuck by their team through thick and thicker when you seemingly chose the most convenient time to become a fan
:welcome:;)
Lmao, just a little kick in the nads…
I feel for you guys, I don’t know wtf your teams direction is.. but each time I’ve see a sell off/rebuild like this it’s been followed by a decade of suffering.

RABBIT

AKA Turd Ferguson
Lmao, just a little kid in the nads…
I feel for you guys, I don’t know wtf your teams direction is.. but each time I’ve see a sell off/rebuild like this it’s been followed by a decade of suffering.

full transparency - we have no f***ing clue either. We are kind of used to the decades of suffering so it's not all that bad.

YP44

Jan 30, 2012
Calgary, AB
I'm not interested in Chychrun anymore. To be honest, I don't even think LA needs help at LD. With Clarke coming next season, there's not even going to be room. I would shift Durzi over to his off-side and call it a day. As is, LA is going to have to find a spot for Sean Walker (or trade him).

Anderson - Doughty
Durzi - Roy
Bjornfot - Clarke

I would be ok with this route as well.

Reactions: kinghock

kinghock

Feb 1, 2011
Mahwah,NJ
Shitting on the coyotes has always been one of the great American/Canadian pasttimes lol

Chychrun struggled immensely in the first half of the season but has been better of late. I think it's safe to say his play will settle and he'll be a top pair defenseman when these trade rumors are done and he's on a better squad.

I do not believe that it's safe to say his play will settle and he'll be a top pair defenseman.

kinghock

Feb 1, 2011
Mahwah,NJ
100% would reject this trade. We have zero reason to trade him. The only reason we trade him is for a monster package and this is not it.

if Jakob requests a trade than that package would be what we would be lucky to get. That only happens if we lose leverage. Cheers

Please keep him or find another suitor.

kilowatt

Jan 1, 2009
LA certainly won't be keeping all of the prospects they've amassed, but Rob Blake has already alluded to the price being way too high on Chychrun. Turcotte, Vilardi, and a first is too rich for my blood. LA's defense right now is, on average, 24 years old. Next season if we replace Maatta with Clarke, it'll be even younger. This team really just needs some time to learn and grow. If anything, I'd want to trade some of these prospects for an elite goal-scoring winger.

kinghock

Feb 1, 2011
Mahwah,NJ
Kings fans: What defenseman do you think would pair best with Vilardi/Turcotte in a deal for Chychrun? It's reasonable to expect that the coyotes will want a D with upside coming back.

So I'm thinking 2023 1st, Turcotte (prefer him over Vilardi) + one of

Clarke
Bjornfot
Durzi
Grans
Faber

I'd figure Clarke is probably off the table as he has the highest ceiling. Could Bjornfot work?

Grans

57special

Posting the right way since 2012.
Sep 5, 2012
MN

Anderson - Doughty
Durzi - Roy
Bjornfot - Clarke
Is Anderson really first pairing material?

I would think that Faber is a nice trade chip to dangle. He looks vg ...smart, and has all the tools, except for size, even though he isn't small, just moderately sized. Very nice skater, and can play both ways. Or is he a guy you want to keep?

kinghock

Feb 1, 2011
Mahwah,NJ
LA certainly won't be keeping all of the prospects they've amassed, but Rob Blake has already alluded to the price being way too high on Chychrun. Turcotte, Vilardi, and a first is too rich for my blood. LA's defense right now is, on average, 24 years old. Next season if we replace Maatta with Clarke, it'll be even younger. This team really just needs some time to learn and grow. If anything, I'd want to trade some of these prospects for an elite goal-scoring winger.

Or elite goalie

Frolov 6'3

Unregistered User
Jun 7, 2003
The Netherlands
Rob Blake should be fired if he does this.

Vilardi should be in the NHL and has no business being in the AHL at all.

Turcotte is underwhelming and injury prone but the talent is there to be a good middle six player.

The 1st is always interesting.

Watched Chychrun again last week and please. Let others overbid for this 2nd pairing defenseman.

AKL

Danila Yurov Fan Club President
Sponsor
Dec 10, 2012
There's a certain degree of irony in Kings fans questioning whether Chychrun is legit while simultaneously mocking anyone who turns down a package of Vilardi and Turcotte.

I'm more worried that Vilardi and Turcotte never become top 6 NHL players than I am that Chychrun isn't a top pairing defenseman.

Coyotes19c

Jul 27, 2021
Please keep him or find another suitor.

That’s honestly the plan. It would be completely different if he requested a trade or was a pending UFA. I know the offer was fair but we don’t want fair. We want an overpayment.

funky

Build around Byfield, not the vets
Mar 9, 2002
Turcotte or Vilardi
Bjornfot or Durzi or Walker
2022 1st
Grundstrum or Athanasious . - should be able to flip him for a pick. UFA at years end Want to see Grundstrum get playing time. Think he would be a great bottom 6 guy.

just looked at this. Kind of similar to the Muzzin trade but adding Turcotte/ Vilardi and a bit of a better pick for the extra years Chychrun has on his contract.

Reactions: Reaper45 and YP44

TeddyBare

Jul 28, 2016
Mississauga, Ontario
There's a certain degree of irony in Kings fans questioning whether Chychrun is legit while simultaneously mocking anyone who turns down a package of Vilardi and Turcotte.

I'm more worried that Vilardi and Turcotte never become top 6 NHL players than I am that Chychrun isn't a top pairing defenseman.

That was my notion as well
Vilardi requires waivers next year, and hasn't shown much in the NHL

kinghock

Feb 1, 2011
Mahwah,NJ

OK, Chychrun is legit in Arizona’s opinion, but LA fans do not want to overpay for him.
How about that?

Reactions: KingsOfCali25

kilowatt

Jan 1, 2009

Vilardi had 10 goals and 23 points in 54 games last year, at 21 years old, with questionable linemates. He showed an awful lot in the NHL. He was a rookie coming off two years of not playing hockey and he was pretty good, all things considered. He was better than Byfield, Turcotte, and Kupari, who were put in similar positions this season and did (or are doing) worse. This notion that Vilardi didn't show anything at the NHL level is just nonsense. He's now scoring at over a point per game in the AHL. He should be in the NHL, no question about it.

I'm not saying that Vilardi and Turcotte won't bust — there's a very real chance neither of them amount to much at the NHL level, as with any prospect — but I just don't think that trading both of them and a first for a player we might not actually really need makes a whole lot of sense. LA has Clarke, Faber, Spence, Grans, and Kirsanov in the near future on defense, plus Durzi, Anderson, and Bjornfot in the NHL, to say nothing of guys like Doughty, Roy, and Walker, who are proven NHL players.

I'm not Rob Blake, but if I was, I don't think Chychrun is my target right now.

Frolov 6'3

Unregistered User
Jun 7, 2003
The Netherlands
Than you should be checking his stats for once.

7 points in his first 10 NHL games.
16G 35 points pace in his sophomore season.

Too bad you expected a PPG pace in his first 70 games for somebody who was out for 18 months.

Reactions: Ghetty Green

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad