Proposal: Chychrun for Vilardi, Turcotte, and a 1st

• PLEASE check any bookmark on all devices. IF you see a link pointing to mandatory.com DELETE it Please use this URL https://forums.hfboards.com/

Mersss

Jul 12, 2014
Disagree that a first, Turcotte and Vilardi are "Mediocore" prospects. Would be a hell of a return for Arizona though they may prefer Bjornfot to Vilardi.

I was all about Chyrchun but now I am wondering was last year or this year the outlier? He is so young and gifted I think it is this year, but there are definitely more red flags now.

the arena shit sucks for everyone, but especially for Coyote fans. Not sure what it has to do with any trade talk.
Turcotte has been no really good for 2 consecutive seasons now at the pro level...

Don't want to sound lika an ass here, But both him and Villardi are not trending in the good direction.... ARI will ask for something that's trending upwards

Coyotes19c

Jul 27, 2021
Turcotte has been no really good for 2 consecutive seasons now at the pro level...

Don't want to sound lika an ass here, But both him and Villardi are not trending in the good direction.... ARI will ask for something that's trending upwards

But don’t you know they were both drafted very high…… lol

BringTheReign

Jul 3, 2008
San Diego
Here we go again. Chychrun sucks, take our mediocre prospects and our cap dump. You dont have an Arena and...did I mention the player we want sucks.

I watch a ton of the Tuscon Roadrunners between Reign games on AHLTV and Gulls games in-person. Vilardi and Turcotte would both immediately slot in somewhere around your 2nd to 5th best prospects; much better than mediocre and worth of being tiered with Guenther even if you still rank him #1. I'd put Vilardi at #2, then Turcotte is in the mix with Macelli and Soderstrom. Vilardi in particular has a ceiling that could rival Guenther's offensively, and either he or Turcotte would be excellent centers to get Guenther the puck where he could rip it (Vilardi off the cycle or Turcotte off the rush, your choice).

I'm against giving both Turc and Vilardi up in this case, but I wanted to try and provide some context (without the sniping). FWIW, Macelli looks outstanding every time I see him play, and it'll be interesting to see what he can do in the NHL. Soderstrom has impressive mobility, but he definitely can get lost when the Roadrunners don't have possession. I think he'll need a rock-solid partner to properly develop his 5v5 game, but he's definitely already got the puck skills for NHL power play time.

Last edited:

Prestigeworldwide

Apr 21, 2017
I watch a ton of the Tuscon Roadrunners between Reign games on AHLT V and Gulls games in-person. Vilardi and Turcotte would both immediately slot in somewhere around your 2nd to 5th best prospects; much better than mediocre and worth of being tiered with Guenther even if you still rank him #1. I'd put Vilardi at #2, then Turcotte is in the mix with Macelli and Soderstrom. Vilardi in particular has a ceiling that could rival Guenther's offensively, and either he or Turcotte would be excellent centers to get Guenther the puck where he could rip it (Vilardi off the cycle or Turcotte off the rush, your choice).

I'm against giving both Turc and Vilardi up in this case, but I wanted to try and provide some context (without the sniping). FWIW, Macelli looks outstanding every time I see him play, and it'll be interesting to see what he can do in the NHL.
Its not a horrible offer, we are just perseverating the same/similar offer for 3 months now. I think most Coyotes fans would like to just keep him unless their is a amazing offer (its gonna sting).
People wondering why his production dropped off from being a Norris level dman...Have you looked at the roster this year?! lol.

BringTheReign

Jul 3, 2008
San Diego
Its not a horrible offer, we are just perseverating the same/similar offer for 3 months now. I think most Coyotes fans would like to just keep him unless their is a amazing offer (its gonna sting).
People wondering why his production dropped off from being a Norris level dman...Have you looked at the roster this year?! lol.

Totally fair, and yeah, that critique can get annoying when the team is tanking. Most thought Doughty was washed when we went through our recent rebuild, and look at him now. I'd guess Chychrun will do the same, he's just too talented and athletic not to.

Reactions: Raccoon Jesus

GoldenBearHockey

Jan 6, 2014
1st, Vilardi, and JAD, anything else doesn't make sense....it's literally a matter of do the Coyotes have to deal him....or not. Yotes fan every right to believe that trading him should net them McDavid, Pasternak, and 18 1sts.....just as every other fan have the right to laugh about that, at the end of the day we don't know if Chycrun requested a trade or not, but I don't think teams are gonna break down doors to offer a Kings Ransom for him, solid player, could be a game changer, not worth emptying the cupboards over.

YP44

Jan 30, 2012
Calgary, AB

true, but what concerns me is the advanced stats guys who compare him to other Coyote D-men.

EastVillageBlues

Feb 18, 2019
100% would reject this trade. We have zero reason to trade him. The only reason we trade him is for a monster package and this is not it.

if Jakob requests a trade than that package would be what we would be lucky to get. That only happens if we lose leverage. Cheers

Seems like a good proposal, if that 1st is lottery protected.

Very fair for both sides.

Reactions: bsu

rt

Clean Hits on Substack
As a Coyotes fan, I wouldn’t really expect a better offer than this. I’m by no means enamored with either Turcotte or Vilardi. But the value is fine.

It’s not exceptional value, though. I think it’s the baseline value for a player the caliber of Chychrun. If Turcotte and Vilardi were more appealing, they’d be in the Clarke and Byfield tier and wouldn’t be on offer.

I find this package to be right where I’d be demanding offers to be. It’s a bit like some of the other ideas I’ve had:

Neighbours+Bolduc+1st
Perreault+Zellweger+1st
Knight+Samoskevich+1st
Ceulemans+Foudy+1st**

I think Turcotte+Vilardi+1st is right there.

JasonDemersWasOkay

F Utah and anyone who roots for them
Nov 14, 2018
Kings fans: What defenseman do you think would pair best with Vilardi/Turcotte in a deal for Chychrun? It's reasonable to expect that the coyotes will want a D with upside coming back.

So I'm thinking 2023 1st, Turcotte (prefer him over Vilardi) + one of

Clarke
Bjornfot
Durzi
Grans
Faber

I'd figure Clarke is probably off the table as he has the highest ceiling. Could Bjornfot work?

Reactions: funky

Hobnobs

Pinko
Nov 29, 2011
Havent we learnt anything from the other trade-threads involving Kings prospects? Its a no go. That fanbase has overtaken the leafs when it comes to overvaluing prospects.

OT: Value is probably there.

YP44

Jan 30, 2012
Calgary, AB
Kings fans: What defenseman do you think would pair best with Vilardi/Turcotte in a deal for Chychrun? It's reasonable to expect that the coyotes will want a D with upside coming back.

So I'm thinking 2023 1st, Turcotte (prefer him over Vilardi) + one of

Clarke
Bjornfot
Durzi
Grans
Faber

I'd figure Clarke is probably off the table as he has the highest ceiling. Could Bjornfot work?

I think Bjornfot could be subbed in.

Reactions: funky

YP44

Jan 30, 2012
Calgary, AB
Havent we learnt anything from the other trade-threads involving Kings prospects? Its a no go. That fanbase has overtaken the leafs when it comes to overvaluing prospects.

OT: Value is probably there.

than I guess authors like Wheeler of the athletic over rate LA as well. the kings have numerous high potential prospects. I think most agree on that.

57special

Posting the right way since 2012.
Sep 5, 2012
MN
2g, 9a for a Dman that is not known for his defense is underwhelming, to say the least. That is tied for 115th among Dmen. That ties him with Kulak and Wideman(MTL), and Holden(OTT). He is being outpointed by Miller and Jokiharju(BUF), and Smith(NJD). None of those teams are juggernauts.

To expect any potential trade partner to just ignore this year when assessing what Chychrun can do for them is unrealistic.

rt

Clean Hits on Substack
The formula presented in the media has been applied to a satisfactory degree in this proposal, IMO. If the idea is a return that’s Eichel-Lite - this accomplishes that:

Turcotte = Slightly Lesser Krebs (IMO)

Maatta+Vilardi = A lesser Tuch (albeit more AZ appropriate as it’s a younger asset)

1st Rounder = Minus the Vegas 2nd.

To me, this is a really great comp to the Eichel deal but each of the three components is a tier below those that went for Eichel. Which is feel
is appropriate, given that Chychrun is not Eichel.

There are mitigating factors that pull Chcyhrun and Eichel closer to value than otherwise would be the case, but even given the surgery and ugly public fighting, they’re not ultimately equivalent. So I think it’s fair that Chcyhrun should return a bit less. And this deal is a bit less.

YP44

Jan 30, 2012
Calgary, AB
Sick join date bro, shit on fans who have stuck by their team through thick and thicker when you seemingly chose the most convenient time to become a fan
:welcome:;)

I agree that that was a BS below the belt punch, but since when does join date on here = when you became a fan? Ive been a kings fan since 96 thanks to Yanic Perreault of all people, but I don't think I joined here till the kings were winning. Does that make me a band wagon?

RABBIT

AKA Turd Ferguson
I agree that that was a BS below the belt punch, but since when does join date on here = when you became a fan? Ive been a kings fan since 96 thanks to Yanic Perreault of all people, but I don't think I joined here till the kings were winning. Does that make me a band wagon?

No, but in fairness I'm going for the low hanging fruit just like they did :dunno:

Last edited:

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad