Proposal: Chychrun for Vilardi, Turcotte, and a 1st

• PLEASE check any bookmark on all devices. IF you see a link pointing to mandatory.com DELETE it Please use this URL https://forums.hfboards.com/

Dead Coyote

Oct 10, 2017
What is this?

Am I missing something here? Just off the top of my head I know Mike Green had a 30+ goal season with the Caps; where's he?

They're his stats from last year. Mike Green got significant PP time and played with f***ing Ovechkin, Backstrom, and Semin on the PP. That was also nearly 10 years ago. Chychrun on the other hand plays with...Keller. Ghost? Schmaltz? Our whole roster is probably one of the worst the leagues has ever seen this year. Last year he got to play with at least Garland and Dvorak. Still nowhere near as good as any of the players Green got to play with.

And Green was hugely valuable as a 22yo in the league before his injuries, despite not being amazing at D, whereas Chychrun has moments where he looks just as good on D as he is on offense. I think every team in the league probably would have traded Turcotte, Villardi and a 1st for him at that point.

Dead Coyote

Oct 10, 2017
those are good numbers, dont get me wrong.
edit: ok i actually did some DD after i posted and looked at his current year stats.. yea.. ignore that prior sentence.

i just question him on a few things,
1. he's going to a contender where he wont be 'the man' like he is in AZ.
2. change of scenery doesnt always work out
3. is his health an issue anymore?

Vilardi could be a nothing or a middle 6 player. ok.
Turcotte, who knows. could be the same as GV or better.
a first is a first.

would you send a 1st in 2022, a first in 2024 and a first in 2025 for Chychryn?
that's almost what it comes down to, in essence.

good player, i like him. if we're talking 3 first rounders in the 30s each year and we're a cup contender for 5-8 more years and he's that piece we're missing on the 2nd pairing and 2nd PP, sometimes first PP if need be? id say OK lets do it. if its your final final piece. but idk how many situations this works.

to each their own.

Sure, I'd love to keep him. And you're right. There are question marks. That's why he's potentially for trade. A guy like Werenski who has that pedigree, talent, and stats isn't for trade. Arizona is going to trade him to someone who believes in that potential and is willing to pay for it. If that isn't LA that's fine. If that's no one, that's also fine, we'll keep him and see if he gets back to where he was in a year or two when there's less of a workload on him and he isn't constantly paired with someone like Bush.

kilowatt

the vibes are not immaculate
Jan 1, 2009
I would consider something like Kupari, Bjornfot, Walker, and a 1st for Chychrun. Not interested in sending Vilardi or Turcotte to be honest. I'm sure Arizona could get more elsewhere.

redcard

System Poster
Mar 12, 2007
They're his stats from last year. Mike Green got significant PP time and played with f***ing Ovechkin, Backstrom, and Semin on the PP. That was also nearly 10 years ago. Chychrun on the other hand plays with...Keller. Ghost? Schmaltz? Our whole roster is probably one of the worst the leagues has ever seen this year. Last year he got to play with at least Garland and Dvorak. Still nowhere near as good as any of the players Green got to play with.

And Green was hugely valuable as a 22yo in the league before his injuries, despite not being amazing at D, whereas Chychrun has moments where he looks just as good on D as he is on offense. I think every team in the league probably would have traded Turcotte, Villardi and a 1st for him at that point.

Are those Bobby Orr's stats from last year? The poster you quoted isn't comparing him to Mike Green, she's asking what the second image you posted is as you provided no context.

Reactions: KingsHockey24

apadilla

Dec 27, 2007
Just finished watching tonight's Coyotes v. Kings game. Chychrun looked good out there, not great, but good, not average, but good.

I'd be up for trading any 2 or the 3 pieces the OP'er commented. + a 2nd round pick in either 22 or 23, Coyotes decide.

Oh Snap

Very Wet Island
Jan 21, 2008
California, USA
Just finished watching tonight's Coyotes v. Kings game. Chychrun looked good out there, not great, but good, not average, but good.

I'd be up for trading any 2 or the 3 pieces the OP'er commented. + a 2nd round pick in either 22 or 23, Coyotes decide.

Did we watch the same game?? Chychrun looked mediocre at best the last two games against the Kings. I know the Coyotes are bad this year but with how much the Coyotes are demanding in a trade, I would hope to at least see one or two “wow” moments.

Dead Coyote

Oct 10, 2017
Are those Bobby Orr's stats from last year? The poster you quoted isn't comparing him to Mike Green, she's asking what the second image you posted is as you provided no context.

They're the most goals scored by dman aged 22 and under in a single season from quanthockey. It's not that hard to see Chychrun's name bolded underneath Werenski as the only two active players in the top 10. Sorry if that was unclear, I figured it would be easy enough to understand.

rajuabju

The One & Only
Dec 30, 2006
Los Angeles
I would do Villardi + Turcotte straight up. No 1st. If Arizona insists on a pick, maybe a 3rd or whatever.

This addresses a need and does not impact our roster.

This is exactly my thoughts.

2 of the 3, ok with me. Doesnt impact our current roster, addresses a need with an upgrade, and doesnt over-drain our pipeline/future.

Chychrun would definitely be a good addition and fit for us, but he's not elite level to be getting 3 top pieces in return for.

kings11

Sep 29, 2011
Las Vegas
I would do Villardi + Turcotte straight up. No 1st. If Arizona insists on a pick, maybe a 3rd or whatever.

This addresses a need and does not impact our roster.

This is exactly my thoughts.

2 of the 3, ok with me. Doesnt impact our current roster, addresses a need with an upgrade, and doesnt over-drain our pipeline/future.

Chychrun would definitely be a good addition and fit for us, but he's not elite level to be getting 3 top pieces in return for.
Yeah, that’s a big f***en no…
They aren’t getting both Vilardi and Turcotte.. that literally affects their roster

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad