Chychrun’s Megathread V (poll added)

• PLEASE check any bookmark on all devices. IF you see a link pointing to mandatory.com DELETE it Please use this URL https://forums.hfboards.com/

Will Chychrun Be Traded Before The Season?

• Total voters
Status
Not open for further replies.

Jakey53

Aug 27, 2011
I still think this saga is overblown. The reports that says that he wouldn't mind playing with the Sens only tells me that he is up in their family cottage in Ontario, near Ottawa, hanging out with some Sens fans. The tank season is over, he needs to get over it. He still needs to honor his contract regardless. Don't see how he being on the Coyotes hurts them. Either he helps with a new tank season or he plays lights out and increases his trade value.
Yup, Chych has to honor his contract. On one hand I see what BA is doing, but on the other hand I don't like how it's unfolding. Mind you, we have no idea what is really happening being closed doors.

Reactions: Coyotedroppings

Schemp

Nov 12, 2018
Still stuck in Forum 40
Yup, Chych has to honor his contract. On one hand I see what BA is doing, but on the other hand I don't like how it's unfolding. Mind you, we have no idea what is really happening being closed doors.
Waiting for camp to start to get a better indication. The only thing I've heard this summer is he wouldn't mind playing with the Sens, not that he wants out, or that he wants to be a Senator. Just a chance to be able to win games.

Schemp

Nov 12, 2018
Still stuck in Forum 40
They only do a lottery for the top two picks. And we’re going to finish 32nd. We need to be hoping a team that has no issues with drafting a Russian 2nd overall wins that pick. Like Chicago.
I disagree, we ain't finishing last. Tried that last season and failed. 1 year tanking is acceptable, 2 years is a trend. Last year the tank shown our lack of depth. GMBA addressed that. Expecting some of the younger players to step up. We do still have holes to be filled and I expect a better start to the season.

Mangosteen

Ground hog day no more
Apr 9, 2018
I may pull a Jakey this year. I am not renewing my NHL package. What player do you even cheer for this year? Hopefully Keller can recover from his injury but that’s about it.

Hopefully some light shines in 2025. I get enough insight from this board than the mockery of the team.

Jamieh

Apr 25, 2012
Our defense is going to be really bad. Our first line center is Boyd. I don’t see how we’re not in the bottom 3 of the league.
The only positive so far is most opponents might take the night off and that might lead to more wins than should happen.

Reactions: Jakey53

rt

Clean Hits on Substack
I disagree, we ain't finishing last. Tried that last season and failed. 1 year tanking is acceptable, 2 years is a trend. Last year the tank shown our lack of depth. GMBA addressed that. Expecting some of the younger players to step up. We do still have holes to be filled and I expect a better start to the season.
We have the worst blueline in the league, the worst goaltending in the league, and the least offensive talent in the league.

I may pull a Jakey this year. I am not renewing my NHL package. What player do you even cheer for this year? Hopefully Keller can recover from his injury but that’s about it.

Hopefully some light shines in 2025. I get enough insight from this board than the mockery of the team.
Keller, Guenther, Hayton, McBain, Smith, Moser, Mayo, Timmins, and Soderstrom, Jenik and Maccelli when they’re called up.

Plus a little hard nosed, throw back hockey with Crouse, Kassian, Ritchie, O’Brien, Imama, and Brown.

Reactions: Prarievarg and hbk

moosemeister

5,000 strong
Feb 15, 2010
Mesa, Arizona
They have the worst defense in the league and haven’t traded Chychrun and Ghost yet.

They have the worst forwards and haven’t traded Crouse yet.

It’s gonna be bad haha

Sinurgy

Approaching infinity
Feb 8, 2004
AZ

It's pretty easy to do if you're in Phoenix since they've made it unnecessarily difficult to actually watch the Coyotes if you live here. Unless things have changed it's basically Cox, DirecTV or bust. I guess that Bally Sports streaming service was supposed to launch this summer, I haven't looked into that but regardless the state of sports and streaming is riduclous and the NHL blackout rules are antiquated.

hbk

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Feb 28, 2002
Visit site
We have the worst blueline in the league, the worst goaltending in the league, and the least offensive talent in the league.

Keller, Guenther, Hayton, McBain, Smith, Moser, Mayo, Timmins, and Soderstrom, Jenik and Maccelli when they’re called up.

Plus a little hard nosed, throw back hockey with Crouse, Kassian, Ritchie, O’Brien, Imama, and Brown.
I'm here for some hard hitting hockey. take my money! will supplement my hockey watching for skill with the CHL package (WHL should be amazing this year).

Reactions: Vinny Boombatz

lanky

Feeling Spicy
Jun 23, 2007
Winnipeg
Evaluating a roster on paper just isn't a good predictor. How did the Habs go from cup challenger to dead last without much roster turnover? It's mostly about the energy that the team brings to rink. Tourigny can get our players to bring it. I see a much deeper roster this year with all the youth pushing for spots. If Veggie stays healthy and there's no major tank trades, I think the Coyotes will be above the basement.

Reactions: Schemp

rt

Clean Hits on Substack
Evaluating a roster on paper just isn't a good predictor. How did the Habs go from cup challenger to dead last without much roster turnover? It's mostly about the energy that the team brings to rink. Tourigny can get our players to bring it. I see a much deeper roster this year with all the youth pushing for spots. If Veggie stays healthy and there's no major tank trades, I think the Coyotes will be above the basement.
Carey Price was the main thing. And a death spiral from there. Apart from that, I felt like the season standings near the bottom were pretty similar to predictions. The wheels really came of in Chicago a bit faster and more completely then expected, I guess.

Jamieh

Apr 25, 2012
The Habs finished a Cinderella run and lost the 2 most important pieces as well as others.

Mangosteen

Ground hog day no more
Apr 9, 2018
Keller, Guenther, Hayton, McBain, Smith, Moser, Mayo, Timmins, and Soderstrom
Agree with Keller, Hayton, Moser and Soda lite. Don’t think Guenther will play only to protect him from the tank. McBain and Smith have been like day old coffee. Will get you by, but not that exciting. Honestly didn’t even when they were on the ice most of the time.

As for the heavy line, could be great but if all they do is take cheap shots at other players then it will be cringe worthy.

Just need to get past this year hopefully lol. I think I still owe you wings from past bets of years past. Not that optimistic this year ;)

Heldig

Apr 12, 2002
BC
My hope is the gritty guys help build culture/team identity of hard work and puck pursuit. Rotate young guys in and out...give the Jeniks and Maccellis etc real good opportunities.

Slowly add talent over the next 2 seasons (Cooley, Guenther, Geekie Bedard...) and be competitive starting in 2024/2025 season.

Reactions: lanky

Coyotedroppings

Jul 16, 2017

Never saw a need, or had any desire to cheer for any given player, after all, this isn't Nascar.

Coyotedroppings

Jul 16, 2017
Interesting, so far I see this team as worse. There will be too much reliance on youth for production. D looks to be worse and goaltending (thus far) is definitely worse. We need to remember how fortunate we were to have one of Veggie and Wedgie able to perform, when the other was not performing.

Reality is it all comes down to chemistry, but even if the chemistry on this club is great, we'll be in the lotto.

Jakey53

Aug 27, 2011

The sad part is that ALL of the big four ( if you consider the Coyote's one of the big four) come with ???'s. Look at the Suns, and the Cardinals all with head scratching moves and both with problems. D'backs are shit as well. Oh well, it's 115 and I got A/C in my truck and I don't give a f***, I'm off to the rodeo. :laugh:

Reactions: Mangosteen

Schemp

Nov 12, 2018
Still stuck in Forum 40
Interesting, so far I see this team as worse. There will be too much reliance on youth for production. D looks to be worse and goaltending (thus far) is definitely worse. We need to remember how fortunate we were to have one of Veggie and Wedgie able to perform, when the other was not performing.

Reality is it all comes down to chemistry, but even if the chemistry on this club is great, we'll be in the lotto.
We got Wedgewood from waivers, so there are options. So which teams will try to send a non-waiver goalie to the AHL? Wouldn't surprise me if GMBA is eyeing a few.
As of today, Chychrun is still a Coyote, Crouse and Hayton still need contracts, and all is not as dire as most of you make it out to be. I predict that Coach Tourigny wins the Jack Adam's Award.

Reactions: sundance74

AZviaNJ

“Sure as shit want to F*** Coyote fans.”
Mar 31, 2011
AZ

But we don’t have worst coaching staff….not by a long shot. We’ll finish bottom 5 but Chicago, Philly and Seattle all are capable of being worse than us.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad