Chychrun’s Megathread V (poll added)

• PLEASE check any bookmark on all devices. IF you see a link pointing to mandatory.com DELETE it Please use this URL https://forums.hfboards.com/

Will Chychrun Be Traded Before The Season?

• Total voters
Status
Not open for further replies.

rt

Clean Hits on Substack
I really like Necas. Does not really fit the age window though.
Bokk is mentioned because he was a St Louis draft pick.

Bear is not worth much.

Chychrun should cost Carolina Necas plus one of Lucius or Morrow plus the late 1st.
Necas, Morrow, and a 1st would be a good return.

I like Greig better than Morrow and the Ottawa 1st better than the Carolina 1st. But I like Necas better than Brannstrom and Zaitsev.
RT this “may” be his value. If we expect this any thing above it will be a blessing
That’s a crap return. Bokk+Bear combined is worth a 7th round pick Maybe.

rt

Clean Hits on Substack
Necas is worth a very late 1st in value, right? Roughly? So him and a very late first is about 2/3 Chychrun’s value, I guess. Bokk and Bear are worthless. But that future 2nd maybe gets this package closer than I’m comfortable with.

I guess Chychrun is worth about 3x 25th overall picks (give or take).

RT this “may” be his value. If we expect this any thing above it will be a blessing
Other thing is credibility. This dude has none. If he thinks Bokk and Necas are interchangeable he’s probably a basketball fan.

rt

Clean Hits on Substack

I feel like this could somehow be tied to the Formenton and the WJC sexual assault scandal. Maybe things were close when that broke open. Maybe it didn’t kill the deal but put it on ice because both sides believe he’s going to be cleared but hasn’t yet been.

If the ask was a young roster worth about a 1st, prospect worth a 1st and an actual 1st, then Formenton certainly meets the criteria. Brannstrom does not.

Heldig

Apr 12, 2002
BC
I feel like this could somehow be tied to the Formenton and the WJC sexual assault scandal. Maybe things were close when that broke open. Maybe it didn’t kill the deal but put it on ice because both sides believe he’s going to be cleared but hasn’t yet been.

If the ask was a young roster worth about a 1st, prospect worth a 1st and an actual 1st, then Formenton certainly meets the criteria. Brannstrom does not.
Or the Sens are hesitating on trading Greig until they know repercussions of any Formenton involvement in the scandal.

rt

Clean Hits on Substack
Or the Sens are hesitating on trading Greig until they know repercussions of any Formenton involvement in the scandal.
Oh true. I like that better! If it’s Formenton, I’m immediately freaked out that the prospect isn’t Pinto or Greig but Boucher or Jarventie.

And Ottawa should want to keep their young, NHL ready guys. Like Formenton, Pinto, Brannstrom, JBD, etc. Greig needs another year probably. Same with Kleven. I think those two would make sense for both sides, along with the 1st and a Zaitsev dump.

rt

Clean Hits on Substack
"The feeling is..." is one of the laziest tropes in sports journalism. The clause's purpose is to make every Cliff Clavin-ism you'd find in your local sports bar seem like a legitimate possibility.
I agree. “Hearing that…” is very weak. But much stronger than “Feeling is…”, which is about the weakest.

I think my vaguery rankings are:

1. “It’s expected…”
2. “Being told…”
3. “Sources say…”
4. “Hearing that…”
5. “Feeling is..:”

JasonDemersWasOkay

F Utah and anyone who roots for them
Nov 14, 2018
Sounds like our ask from Ottawa is based more around picks than players/prospects. Probably something like their 23 1st and both of their 24 seconds, idk.

Don't know if I agree with that approach. They have so many nhl ready prospects, I don't want to turn Chychrun into just picks..

Reactions: Jakey53

hbk

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Feb 28, 2002
Visit site
Sounds like our ask from Ottawa is based more around picks than players/prospects. Probably something like their 23 1st and both of their 24 seconds, idk.

Don't know if I agree with that approach. They have so many nhl ready prospects, I don't want to turn Chychrun into just picks..
Not my preference either but it feels like any A prospects are “off the table” so that means we need to move to draft picks. I will reserve judgement until we see a return. If we get a 1st and a 2nd in this years draft I’m curious what this scouting staff can parlay that into gievn how good this draft currently looks.

rt

Clean Hits on Substack
How can the cost be both “ridiculously high” and also just “picks vs players/prospects”?

That means the ask has to be three 1sts, right? Or two 1sts and two 2nds?

Two 1sts and a 2nd isnt “ridiculously high”. Especially if we’re eating a dump like Zaitsev.

We got a 1st and Timmins for Kuemper. And a 1st and a 2nd for Dvorak. Assuming Zaitsev is worth a negative 2nd, then getting “only” two 1sts for Chychrun kind of sucks. Pretty lousy return.

Also. Ottawa just traded a top ten pick. They’d rather trade two more 1sts than a prospect and a pick? Seems off to me. Doesn’t make sense.

RemoAZ

Let it burn
Mar 30, 2010
Glendale, Arizona
I'm good with picks over prospects as long as it includes high '23 picks. Starting next year I want to see at least a couple impressive new faces per season until we're kicking some serious ass.

Reactions: Coyotes19c

jmelm

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Feb 27, 2002
Toronto, Canada
I really like Necas. Does not really fit the age window though.

Bokk is mentioned because he was a St Louis draft pick.

Bear is not worth much.

Chychrun should cost Carolina Necas plus one of Lucius or Morrow plus the late 1st.

Not only do I want nothing to do with Bokk or Bear, but Necas is a bit old and has some question marks, too, and he's too old for the rebuild since he'll be hitting UFA as we're turning the corner.

So I would only be interested in Necas if we had a deal to flip him (with 50% retention if necessary) for a very good package.

If we're not getting Drury, they have other intriguing prospects: Morrow, Gunler, and Koivunen in particular.

I'd probably be fine with Morrow, Gunler, 2023 1st + our choice of (2023 PHI 3rd or CAR 2024 2nd)

Jakey53

Aug 27, 2011
I'm good with picks over prospects as long as it includes high '23 picks. Starting next year I want to see at least a couple impressive new faces per season until we're kicking some serious ass.
How do you know the picks will be high? I hate trading good young players for picks only. You are taking a big gamble, one you should not have to take.

rt

Clean Hits on Substack
Thinking about Simpson’s tweets, and what a ridiculous price that’s primarily picks might look like to someone like him who doesn’t follow prospects. I think it means two 1sts and a couple of prospects who were not drafted in the 1st and do not crack Top 5 Sens prospects lists too often. So like two of Sogaard, Jarventie, Sokolov, Kleven and Ostapchuk.

I personally suspect BA would love Kleven and Ostapchuk (who played Jr A with Guenther and the Savoies) because they’re big strong kids who can skate shoot hit and fight. And I also think Ottawa has Sogaard off the table. He’s close to NHL ready and they’ve got an NHL goalie issue.

Would Chychrun for a ‘23 1st, ‘24 1st, Ostapchuk and Kleven qualify as a “ridiculous” price to Simpson? Probably. For him it’s two firsts and two prospects, which is a big pile in his mind. And would it qualify as primarily focused on picks? Yeah. The two best assets are picks.

Would BA accept that? I think he might. The tricky part is Zaitsev. He’s got to be in the deal, and this strikes me as taking him basically for free. Which hurts a little. But might be the cost of this dragging out so much.

cobra427

May 6, 2012
Thinking about Simpson’s tweets, and what a ridiculous price that’s primarily picks might look like to someone like him who doesn’t follow prospects. I think it means two 1sts and a couple of prospects who were not drafted in the 1st and do not crack Top 5 Sens prospects lists too often. So like two of Sogaard, Jarventie, Sokolov, Kleven and Ostapchuk.

I personally suspect BA would love Kleven and Ostapchuk (who played Jr A with Guenther and the Savoies) because they’re big strong kids who can skate shoot hit and fight. And I also think Ottawa has Sogaard off the table. He’s close to NHL ready and they’ve got an NHL goalie issue.

Would Chychrun for a ‘23 1st, ‘24 1st, Ostapchuk and Kleven qualify as a “ridiculous” price to Simpson? Probably. For him it’s two firsts and two prospects, which is a big pile in his mind. And would it qualify as primarily focused on picks? Yeah. The two best assets are picks.

Would BA accept that? I think he might. The tricky part is Zaitsev. He’s got to be in the deal, and this strikes me as taking him basically for free. Which hurts a little. But might be the cost of this dragging out so much.
I don't see us getting 2 potentially unprotected high first round picks plus other assets for Chych. Be prepared to be disappointed. I think we get a late first, decent prospect (not high end) and a cap dump. BA has shopped Chych for 9 months now, no takers, he isn't getting anywhere near what he wanted for him. Now BA is in a box, has to trade him before camp. Chych might refuse to report too, it could get messy. BA needs to take the best offer he can get now, he has overplayed or misplayed his hand again. I hope I am wrong and we get a great return though:)

rt

Clean Hits on Substack
I don't see us getting 2 potentially unprotected high first round picks plus other assets for Chych. Be prepared to be disappointed. I think we get a late first, decent prospect (not high end) and a cap dump. BA has shopped Chych for 9 months now, no takers, he isn't getting anywhere near what he wanted for him. Now BA is in a box, has to trade him before camp. Chych might refuse to report too, it could get messy. BA needs to take the best offer he can get now, he has overplayed or misplayed his hand again. I hope I am wrong and we get a great return though:)
This is two likely late 1sts and two recent 2nds. Zaitsev is worth a negative 2nd.

Chychrun for two 1sts (in value) and a 2nd (in value) is exactly what I’ve been expecting from the start. And that’s what this package is, in terms of absolute value.

Baby Doaner

Mar 14, 2021
Eklund, yup, that guy, is reporting chychrun to Toronto for nylander, a 1st and some other stuff. Has it at an E4. Take it for what it’s worth.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad