Chychrun’s Megathread V (poll added)

• PLEASE check any bookmark on all devices. IF you see a link pointing to mandatory.com DELETE it Please use this URL https://forums.hfboards.com/

Will Chychrun Be Traded Before The Season?

• Total voters
Status
Not open for further replies.

jmelm

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Feb 27, 2002
Toronto, Canada
Sounds like our ask from Ottawa is based more around picks than players/prospects. Probably something like their 23 1st and both of their 24 seconds, idk.

Don't know if I agree with that approach. They have so many nhl ready prospects, I don't want to turn Chychrun into just picks..

I don't believe that at all. Unless the return was 3 first round picks, I do not see a scenario in which it's a pick only deal, for any team -- especially this far out from the draft when you don't know what # those picks are going to be and who's still on the board. That's different than the DeBrincat trade for example, where you knew you were getting a top 10 pick and who was likely to be on the board.

So I'm not buying that at all.

Schemp

Nov 12, 2018
Still stuck in Forum 40
I don't believe that at all. Unless the return was 3 first round picks, I do not see a scenario in which it's a pick only deal, for any team -- especially this far out from the draft when you don't know what # those picks are going to be and who's still on the board. That's different than the DeBrincat trade for example, where you knew you were getting a top 10 pick and who was likely to be on the board.

So I'm not buying that at all.
All I get from Chychrun to Ottawa is a narrative propagated from the Canadian media to RIP off the AZ Coyotes when the Sens should be trying to get Severson from NJ. Cheaper and a better fit.

The next step in this saga should be trying to smooth things over. See if he can man up or if he is the atypical prima donna athlete...

Reactions: Nowotny

Jakey53

Aug 27, 2011
Shit value for a young #1 dman on a great deal plus a cap dump though. I worry the injury history and widely known fact that he wants out will really hurt his value.
That may be why BA will let Chychrun start the year with the Yote's to prove he is fine. Look for AT to showcase Chrych by playing him in every situation possible.

Prestigeworldwide

Apr 21, 2017
Toronto rumors are interesting. Nylander, Knies, a late first and a cap dump would be great. I would imagine the Yotes could retain on Nylander and flip him for a solid return. After bonus hes only owed 8.5 million for the next 2 seasons. Or keep him to entice Matthews to come.

Reactions: Coyotedroppings

Jamieh

Apr 25, 2012
Toronto rumors are interesting. Nylander, Knies, a late first and a cap dump would be great. I would imagine the Yotes could retain on Nylander and flip him for a solid return. After bonus hes only owed 8.5 million for the next 2 seasons. Or keep him to entice Matthews to come.
That return is not coming for Chychrun.

RABBIT

AKA Turd Ferguson
It’s Eklund, though. So it’s not even been discussed by TOR-AZ

Reactions: moosemeister

rt

Clean Hits on Substack
Knies and a 1st is closer to proper value than Nylander, Knies and a 1st.

Grimes

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Jan 5, 2012
Tippet's Doghouse
cleanhits.substack.com
I feel if Nylander were to be involved it would have to be a three way trade with pieces from the team receiving Nylander going back to AZ.

Just shooting from the hip
CGY: Muzzin + Nylander
AZ: Knies + TOR 1st + Wolf
TOR: Chychrun + Hanafin

TOR probably making out a bit like bandits here but if you massage that type of proposal it seems like something could get figured out.

Reactions: DoanStopBelievin

rt

Clean Hits on Substack
I feel if Nylander were to be involved it would have to be a three way trade with pieces from the team receiving Nylander going back to AZ.

Just shooting from the hip
CGY: Muzzin + Nylander
AZ: Knies + TOR 1st + Wolf
TOR: Chychrun + Hanafin

TOR probably making out a bit like bandits here but if you massage that type of proposal it seems like something could get figured out.
I would accept Knies and Wolf for Chychrun easily, without the 1st. No question.

Let's take out the 1st, for now. I'm also wondering if Hanifn and Muzzin need to be in this? Let's just pull them for a thought experiment.

CGY: Nylander
AZ: Knies + Wolf
TOR: Chychrun

CGY is now only giving up Wolf to get Nylander. That seems like a bargain. Meanwhile, Toronto has to give up Nylander AND Knies just to get Chychrun. Maybe AZ retains 50% on Chychrun to make that worthwhile for Toronto? And maybe Calgary pays Arizona a 2nd and sends Dube to Toronto to replace Nylander?

ARI: Knies+Wolf+CGY '2nd
TOR: Dube+Chychrun(50%)

Reactions: Grimes

rt

Clean Hits on Substack
I would accept Knies and Wolf for Chychrun easily, without the 1st. No question.

Let's take out the 1st, for now. I'm also wondering if Hanifn and Muzzin need to be in this? Let's just pull them for a thought experiment.

CGY is now only giving up Wolf to get Nylander. That seems like a bargain. Meanwhile, Toronto has to give up Nylander AND Knies just to get Chychrun. Maybe AZ retains 50% on Chychrun to make that worthwhile for Toronto? And maybe Calgary pays Arizona a 2nd and sends Dube to Toronto to replace Nylander?

This frees up the money Toronto needs to re-sign Bunting, also.

For Calgary, Nylander+Huberdeau is about as good as you could hope for to replace Johnny+Tkachuk. They lose Wolf and a 2nd but gain Weegar and a 1st. Again, not bad. Fairly solid disaster mitigation, all around.

Meantime, AZ gets Wolf and Knies. Which would make me pass out from joy.

cobra427

May 6, 2012
Chychrun is the only major roster piece out there on the market that can be had retained and also be a source of outgoing cap. I like BA's odds of getting a really great return.
BA has shopped him for 8 months at least. Chych's return value is going down not up over time. I hope you are right though.

Reactions: GhostofTommyBolin

Jakey53

Aug 27, 2011
Were your pants wet when you woke up?

Reactions: GhostofTommyBolin

Grimes

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Jan 5, 2012
Tippet's Doghouse
cleanhits.substack.com

This was the exact type of massaging I was hoping to see after throwing some shit at the wall hahaha.

Your turning my splatter into a Jackson Pollock masterpiece.

moosemeister

5,000 strong
Feb 15, 2010
Mesa, Arizona
BA has shopped him for 8 months at least. Chych's return value is going down not up over time. I hope you are right though.
Has he really been shopping him though?

He’s pretty much said everyone is available for the price, Chychruns just happens to be the largest and loudest price.

I don’t think he’s ever actively “shopped” him.

Dirty Old Man

Still processing...
Sponsor
Jan 29, 2008
Ostrich City

He’s pretty much said everyone is available for the price, Chychruns just happens to be the largest and loudest price.

This is where I'm at, too. You just wonder how much of this is all media speculation.

(Usually me stating this publicly means the deal will be announced tomorrow morning)

Jamieh

Apr 25, 2012

IMO it was BA or his Staff who started most of this talk by feeding info to Marek. I don't believe for a second he sat back and just listened. And I doubt Chick's camp does either.

Reactions: Jakey53

Mosby

Feb 16, 2012
It’s interesting how all of BA’s big deals came when the other GM was left without options.

Sakic needed a goalie after Grubauer left. Enter Kuemper.

Bergevin needed a centre after Kotkaniemi left. Enter Dvorak.

Benning needed to do something big after he lost a bunch to UFA like Markstrom. Enter OEL.

Will the Chychrun deal play out the same?

Reactions: Grimes

rt

Clean Hits on Substack
There is no world in which Toronto parts with Nylander, Knies, and a 1st for Chychrun. Maybe Knies, Muzzy(to dump his cap hit) and a 1st.
How about Knies and Nylander for Chychrun with 50% retained and Dube?

It’s interesting how all of BA’s big deals came when the other GM was left without options.

Sakic needed a goalie after Grubauer left. Enter Kuemper.

Bergevin needed a centre after Kotkaniemi left. Enter Dvorak.

Benning needed to do something big after he lost a bunch to UFA like Markstrom. Enter OEL.

Will the Chychrun deal play out the same?
Not sure who fits the bill? Florida really does. But unless Knignt, Samoskevich a 2nd and Hornqvist is enough for Chychrun, I can’t see it.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad