Chychrun’s Megathread V (poll added)

• PLEASE check any bookmark on all devices. IF you see a link pointing to mandatory.com DELETE it Please use this URL https://forums.hfboards.com/

Will Chychrun Be Traded Before The Season?

• Total voters
Status
Not open for further replies.

lanky

Feeling Spicy
Jun 23, 2007
Winnipeg
If the ask is 2 1sts and a high end prospect then the actual result is likely to be a bit softer.

So a 1st, 2 2nds and a high end prospect.
Or 2 1sts and a decent prospect.

Reactions: Coyotedroppings

cobra427

May 6, 2012
If the ask is 2 1sts and a high end prospect then the actual result is likely to be a bit softer.

So a 1st, 2 2nds and a high end prospect.
Or 2 1sts and a decent prospect.
Late first, second, decent prospect, and a cap dump. The classic quality for quantity trade.

JasonDemersWasOkay

F Utah and anyone who roots for them
Nov 14, 2018
I feel like I'll enter a new phase of my life after this trade happens. Like the sun will be brighter and the birds will chirp louder and I then I can die.

My hope for the return is a 23 1st (unprotected) + 24 2nd + Greig + Zaitsev + emotional relief of trade finally happening

for

Chychrun

Bonsai Tree

Turning a new leaf
Feb 2, 2014
I still wonder if any trade gets done. At this point the value of the player staying remains higher than the value offered by trade partners. AB doesn't have to back down. He can just keep Chychrun. That's what I would do if the value isn't met.

JasonDemersWasOkay

Nov 14, 2018
I still wonder if any trade gets done. At this point the value of the player staying remains higher than the value offered by trade partners. AB doesn't have to back down. He can just keep Chychrun. That's what I would do if the value isn't met.
Thats the thing. What Sens fans aren't getting is that its their GM who is pursuing Chychrun. BA is not pursuing trading Chcyhrun to the Sens. Sens fans are trying to maneuver any trade proposals into what would be the best steal for them, but unless BA majorly f***s up there shouldn't be any way Chychrun gets traded in a steal for the other team. If Dorion wants him to the point where he's outright pursuing him, put up the assets. Especially if we're taking on their trash in Zaitsev for 2 seasons.

rt

Clean Hits on Substack
Boucher and 2 1sts with Zaitsev makes some sense for both sides. BA can position it as a top prospect because he’s a recent 10th overall. Meanwhile, Dorion gets a convenient way to distance himself from Boucher whether he booms or busts. He got Chychrun out of it. So there’s mitigation in either case.

The Sens won’t pick in the 1st in ‘22, ‘23, or ‘24 but they get to pick up DeBrincat and Chychrun without losing any of their top three prospects. Which seems pretty impressive.

Meanwhile BA doesn’t have to pay bloated blue chip acquisition costs and can “buy low” on his own blue chips at the draft table.

BAdvocate

Mediocrity is the enemy of any Dynasty
Feb 27, 2003
youtu.be
I wonder if they'd give up on Boucher already. I feel like if you're getting two firsts, you can be a little riskier on the prospects. Boucher + Kleven isn't going to wow anyone but it's nice depth.

Or Ostapchuk+Kleven.

As I was watching the World Junior Championships I thought to myself I'd like to utter the words "Lucky Number Kleven".

JasonDemersWasOkay

Nov 14, 2018
Would rather have any of Ottawa's good D prospects over Boucher. Draft pedigree does nothing for Boucher considering he was a huge reach. Add in a horrible D+1 season and Boucher isn't even top 5 sens prospects imo

Reactions: Nowotny

XX

Waiting for Ishbia
Dec 10, 2002
PHX
I imagine defenseman was brought up because we would be losing our top one.

100% speculation by Simpson. The 'ask' is a top prospect + two firsts. So from that and the fact the deal isn't done you can infer BA wants Pinto or Grieg. Sanderson has too much value to ask for the picks, and the others not enough.

I would take Jarventie, Ostapchuk, or Boucher + Kleven + the picks. JBD and Brannstrom have very little value at this point.

BA is probably holding out for a true bluechip forward but I don't think he is going to get it on top of the picks. That's a difficult hurdle for a GM to climb over mentally. I'd settle for the solid overall package to get it over with. If those picks are only top 5 protected then they are worth the gamble IMO.

GhostofTommyBolin

Aug 18, 2016
Chandler, AZ
I feel like I'll enter a new phase of my life after this trade happens. Like the sun will be brighter and the birds will chirp louder and I then I can die.

My hope for the return is a 23 1st (unprotected) + 24 2nd + Greig + Zaitsev + emotional relief of trade finally happening

for

Chychrun
It'll be the end of an era because we won't get to see your posts about the trade not happening yet. 😆 Your posts always make me laugh and keep me sane.

Reactions: JasonDemersWasOkay
Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad