Chychrun’s Megathread V (poll added)

• PLEASE check any bookmark on all devices. IF you see a link pointing to mandatory.com DELETE it Please use this URL https://forums.hfboards.com/

Will Chychrun Be Traded Before The Season?

• Total voters
Status
Not open for further replies.

Coyotes19c

Jul 27, 2021
But we don’t have worst coaching staff….not by a long shot. We’ll finish bottom 5 but Chicago, Philly and Seattle all are capable of being worse than us.
This year a lot of teams will be selling hard for the top pick. I’m not sure why anyone thought this was a one year tank. After this year hopefully we turn the corner.

Last edited:
Reactions: AZviaNJ

Jagged Ice

Jul 10, 2011
Central Phoenix
But we don’t have worst coaching staff….not by a long shot. We’ll finish bottom 5 but Chicago, Philly and Seattle all are capable of being worse than us.
Should probably put this in the '23 draft thread but-

Chicago-32
Philadelphia-31
Arizona-30

Lottery will bump us to the 4th or 5th pick and we score Yager, Fantilli or Dvorsky.
This is about as obvious to predict as the 2022 draft order was. We finish last or second to last and
the lottery drops us one or two spots.

rt

Clean Hits on Substack
Should probably put this in the '23 draft thread but-

Chicago-32
Philadelphia-31
Arizona-30

Lottery will bump us to the 4th or 5th pick and we score Yager, Fantilli or Dvorsky.
This is about as obvious to predict as the 2022 draft order was. We finish last or second to last and
the lottery drops us one or two spots.
If we come out of this draft with Yager, I'll be happy.

Jakey53

Aug 27, 2011
This year a lot of teams will be selling hard for the top pick. I’m not sure why anyone thought this was a one year tank. After this year hopefully we turn the corner.
I don't think anyone thought it would be a one year tank. Look at our talent. And the way it looks, we will be losing more talent.

Reactions: Coyotedroppings

Jakey53

Aug 27, 2011
If we can luck into bedard this season that will help us start to pull out of the rebuild early. It can’t be understated how much getting a talent like that can accelerate a rebuild.
I agree with that, but it also depends if we can get a gem in the later rounds. Everyone talks about needing to draft top five, but great drafting in the later rounds is also just as important. Even if these players don't work for your team, they can become very valuable to other teams in trades.

If we can luck into bedard this season that will help us start to pull out of the rebuild early. It can’t be understated how much getting a talent like that can accelerate a rebuild.
Like they say, "you have to be lucky to be good, and good to be lucky".

Reactions: Coyotedroppings

Coyotedroppings

Jul 16, 2017
We got Wedgewood from waivers, so there are options. So which teams will try to send a non-waiver goalie to the AHL? Wouldn't surprise me if GMBA is eyeing a few.
As of today, Chychrun is still a Coyote, Crouse and Hayton still need contracts, and all is not as dire as most of you make it out to be. I predict that Coach Tourigny wins the Jack Adam's Award.
Wedge/Veg was lighting in a bottle - gone now and will be tough to replicate.

Reactions: Jakey53

Heldig

Apr 12, 2002
BC
Coyotes have a load of young (and potential) talent at forward. The D and goalie are huge worries though and will delay any climb out of the cellar.

Jagged Ice

Jul 10, 2011
Central Phoenix
Coyotes have a load of young (and potential) talent at forward. The D and goalie are huge worries though and will delay any climb out of the cellar.
I'm happy we have Geekie but I think I would have taken Mateychuk. His skating is unreal and has a ton of offense to his game scoring 64 points in 65 games for Moose Jaw. I trust our scouts made the right call over me. Ha!
I don't care one bit about our goalie situation and won't for about three more years.

rt

Clean Hits on Substack
I'm happy we have Geekie but I think I would have taken Mateychuk. His skating is unreal and has a ton of offense to his game scoring 64 points in 65 games for Moose Jaw. I trust our scouts made the right call over me. Ha!
I don't care one bit about our goalie situation and won't for about three more years.
Mateychuk was my pick there too! And I had Chesley way ahead of Lamoureux. I’d be feeling pretty good with Mateychuk and Chesley onboard. Buuuut I’m not exactly unhappy with Geekie and Maveric, either. :)

lanky

Feeling Spicy
Jun 23, 2007
Winnipeg
It's not unusual to find a stud defenseman in the rough. Max Szuber might be the stud 1D that leads us to a cup.
I prefer to focus on forwards in the top 20 because that's where the stud forwards are found, with few exceptions.
So excited that we got Geekie AND Cooley.

hbk

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Feb 28, 2002
Visit site
Mateychuk was my pick there too! And I had Chesley way ahead of Lamoureux. I’d be feeling pretty good with Mateychuk and Chesley onboard. Buuuut I’m not exactly unhappy with Geekie and Maveric, either. :)
Sounds like Geekie was Columb’s guy based on our scout research. I had Geekie ahead on my list. I really liked Mateychuk as well. Just as a smaller D he has potential to be the next Spurgeon who could be physically dominated at nhl level. I saw him get injured and play through it this past year and my concern and the reason i dropped him on my personal list is this could be a trend.

AZviaNJ

“Sure as shit want to F*** Coyote fans.”
Mar 31, 2011
AZ
Shayna Goldman from The Athletic offers up this trade idea:

50DB3D91-B4CC-4584-B782-2AAD319A711E.png

rt

Clean Hits on Substack
Shayna Goldman from The Athletic offers up this trade idea:

View attachment 575313
Garbage. Shows what he knows when he states Bokk and Necas could be interchangeable. Bokk is a straight up bust with zero trade value. Bear also has no trade value.

This is Chychrun for a soon to be 24 year old winger, very late 1st and a very late future 2nd.

Reactions: jmelm

Mangosteen

Ground hog day no more
Apr 9, 2018
RT this “may” be his value. If we expect this any thing above it will be a blessing

Reactions: Heldig

Heldig

Apr 12, 2002
BC
Garbage. Shows what he knows when he states Bokk and Necas could be interchangeable. Bokk is a straight up bust with zero trade value. Bear also has no trade value.

This is Chychrun for a soon to be 24 year old winger, very late 1st and a very late future 2nd.
I really like Necas. Does not really fit the age window though.

Bokk is mentioned because he was a St Louis draft pick.

Bear is not worth much.

Chychrun should cost Carolina Necas plus one of Lucius or Morrow plus the late 1st.

Reactions: Nowotny
Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad