Chychrun’s Megathread V (poll added)

• PLEASE check any bookmark on all devices. IF you see a link pointing to mandatory.com DELETE it Please use this URL https://forums.hfboards.com/

Will Chychrun Be Traded Before The Season?

• Total voters
Status
Not open for further replies.

TheNumber4

Nov 11, 2011
I like Bourgault about as much as Greig. I like the Ottawa 1st better than that Edmonton 1st. And I Like Brannstrom better than no Brannstrom. Then there’s the retention.

The 1st from Ottawa is understandably more valuable than Oilers 1st. I think Ottawa takes a step this year though adding Giroux but it’s likely the Oilers 1st will be a late 1st.

There’s retention but there’s also 2.75M bad cap headed your way versus 4.5M so thought that’d wash out. There’s an extra year where’d you’d have to worry bout 2.3M of Chychruns cap on your books but I don’t think that’s worth a first.

Okay just throwing this out here as my final offer.

Chychrun (50% retained)

For

Foegele
Ryan
Broberg
Bourgault
1st
4th

Is where I’d go as my final offer. If you don’t see value in the prospects offered then it’s obviously a no go.

Wait. You’re saying Bourgault AND Broberg? Yeah, that moves the needle for sure.

My asset ranking:

1. Greig (barely)
2. Bourgault (it’s close)

3. Broberg (barely)
4. Ottawa 1st (it’s close)

5. Edmonton 1st

6. Brannstrom

Yes. Lol. K let’s reset:

It’d be:

Chychrun (50%)

For

1st
Broberg
Bourgault
Foegele
Ryan

I don’t think Ryan is a “dump” by the way. He’s only 1 year signed and only 1.25M, he’s a useful 4th line center still. Maybe gets you a 6th at the dead line.

rt

Clean Hits on Substack
The 1st from Ottawa is understandably more valuable than Oilers 1st. I think Ottawa takes a step this year though adding Giroux but it’s likely the Oilers 1st will be a late 1st.

There’s retention but there’s also 2.75M bad cap headed your way versus 4.5M so thought that’d wash out. There’s an extra year where’d you’d have to worry bout 2.3M of Chychruns cap on your books but I don’t think that’s worth a first.

Chychrun (50% retained)

For

Foegele
Ryan
Broberg
Bourgault
1st
4th

Is where I’d go as my final offer. If you don’t see value in the prospects offered then it’s obviously a no go.
I think you can ditch the 4th. Looks acceptable to me even without it.

Chychrun (50% retained)

For

Foegele
Ryan
Broberg
Bourgault
1st
4th

Yes. Lol. K let’s reset:

It’d be:

Chychrun (50%)

For

1st
Broberg
Bourgault
Foegele
Ryan

I don’t think Ryan is a “dump” by the way. He’s only 1 year signed and only 1.25M, he’s a useful 4th line center still. Maybe gets you a 6th at the dead line.
Deal. :)

TheNumber4

Nov 11, 2011
I think you can ditch the 4th. Looks acceptable to me even without it.

Deal. :)

Yeh I thought it should be considering Ottawa’s offer. Oilers fans by the way think this an overpay. But I see it as a necessary evil to go all in during the McDavid window. And adding a legit top 4 in Chychrun is exactly that. So DEAL :)

jmelm

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Feb 27, 2002
Toronto, Canada
Hey @rt how about another idea we haven't talked or thought about yet: Pittsburgh? While I believe they are likely to use their trade chips for a forward, I wonder if they would be willing to look at Chychrun given he would fit in their cap structure and despite the other moves they've made on D with Petry & Rutta.

- Dumoulin (who's your classic Chiarot type and could be flipped with retention now for 2 2nds or at the deadline. 2 time Cup winner who's been a fixture on the top pair with Letang for many years is an enticing trade chip with 50% retention and only 1 year remaining on his contract)
- Owen Pickering (their 1st rounder who at 6'5 seems exactly like a BA type pick and projects as a #2/3)
- 1st rounder in 2023
- 2nd rounder in 2024

Pittsburgh MIGHT also be willing to include Teddy Blueger who is NOT a cap dump, and could easily be flipped now or at the deadline for approx. a 2nd rounder or similar level prospect, or 3rd + B prospect. He's basically a better trade chip than Larsson who went for a 3rd.

Yes, this is a futures oriented package because the Pens don't have much in the way of high end prospects. So if I'm right that Dumoulin can be flipped now for 2 2nds, it basically looks like:

- Owen Pickering
- 2023 1st (PIT)
- 2023 2nd (Dumoulin trade)
- 2023 2nd (Blueger trade)
- 2024 2nd (PIT)
- 2024 2nd (Dumoulin trade)

The return for Blueger or Dumoulin could include B level prospects in lieu of of one of the picks (prospects similar to McBain, Smith, Kolyachonok level stature)

Might as well get creative in thinking about another team given we've beaten the Ottawa-Chychrun horse to death at this point :laugh:

rt

Clean Hits on Substack
Here’s a wild idea that may or may not be my worst proposal yet. Sign and trade, Tkachuk-style.

Crouse (2yrs 10mil 5aav) at 50% (2.5aav) to CGY for Lucic, Wolf, and their ‘23 1st.

Yeah unfortunately I think the only way we could have gotten Sanderson was to take on Murray but OTT found an interested party in him.
I’d definitely do Chychrun at 50% for Sanderson and Zaitsev. I just don’t think they’d go for it.

AZviaNJ

“Sure as shit want to F*** Coyote fans.”
Mar 31, 2011
AZ
Here’s a wild idea that may or may not be my worst proposal yet. Sign and trade, Tkachuk-style.

Crouse (2yrs 10mil 5aav) at 50% (2.5aav) to CGY for Lucic, Wolf, and their ‘23 1st.

I’d definitely do Chychrun at 50% for Sanderson and Zaitsev. I just don’t think they’d go for it.
What if Crouse and the Ottawa 2nd are added?

Chychrun, Crouse
for
Sanderson, Zaitsev and Ottawa ‘23 2nd.

Heldig

Apr 12, 2002
BC
That might be a sticking point with the Oilers… In camp last year he was our best looking prospect. And he just came off a great season and huge playoff run in the Q. Maybe if we get a 3rd back?
So Foegle + Bourgault + Broberg + 1st for Chychrun (50% retained) and a 3rd rounder in 2023?

Hate the retention on Chychrun because it is such a great value contract already but that is a great return. Like @rt , I would much rather take on another cap dump than retain salary...

Wondercarrot

By The Power of Canadian Tire Centre
Jul 2, 2002
Seeing the proposals with retention, and has me thinking that from an Ottawa point of view that Chychrun with 50% retention likely allows us to slide juuuuuuust under the cap in 24-25 while keeping Zub and our forward collection.
After 24-25 we have enough space to maintain it all, just need to sneak past that.

Given that circumstance I’d add to the package including Grieg and our 1st next year for JC with 50% retention.
I think the “agreed” deal from Ott was:
Grieg
1st
Brannstrom
Zaitsev

What needs to be added to retain 50%?

AZviaNJ

Mar 31, 2011
AZ
Seeing the proposals with retention, and has me thinking that from an Ottawa point of view that Chychrun with 50% retention likely allows us to slide juuuuuuust under the cap in 24-25 while keeping Zub and our forward collection.
After 24-25 we have enough space to maintain it all, just need to sneak past that.

Given that circumstance I’d add to the package including Grieg and our 1st next year for JC with 50% retention.
Grieg
1st
Brannstrom
Zaitsev

That’s taking the Coyotes 2nd slot up leaving only 1 for the next 3 years. Don’t see that happening given BA’s desire to maneuver and secure addl draft capital/prospects.

Chychrun has a bargain of a contract. Taking on a bad contract like Zaitsev, sure, but retaining on Chych shouldn’t be an option.

Reactions: RemoAZ

jmelm

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Feb 27, 2002
Toronto, Canada
So Foegle + Bourgault + Broberg + 1st for Chychrun (50% retained) and a 3rd rounder in 2023?

Hate the retention on Chychrun because it is such a great value contract already but that is a great return. Like @rt , I would much rather take on another cap dump than retain salary...

I just don't see it with EDM. In part because of their overall picture, but also because I think if they were going to work in a big Chychrun deal and cap dumps were included, it likely would have occurred as part of the Kassian trade.

I know sometimes the same 2 teams can make 2 separate deals in short order, I just think it's less likely as a result.

I also think that if Bourgault + Broberg + 2023 1st were on the table -- regardless of what other peripheral pieces were included, like extra draft picks & cap dumps -- BA would have taken that deal IMO.

TheNumber4

Nov 11, 2011

We really don’t have any dumps. If I added Barrie we then have a hole at 4RD. And Barrie himself you then be flipped by you guys for assets again which would take away probably Borgaultn or downgrade the 1st

rt

Clean Hits on Substack

Grieg
1st
Brannstrom
Zaitsev

Retention on Chychrun is another 1st or equivalent value.

That’s taking the Coyotes 2nd slot up leaving only 1 for the next 3 years. Don’t see that happening given BA’s desire to maneuver and secure addl draft capital/prospects.

Chychrun has a bargain of a contract. Taking on a bad contract like Zaitsev, sure, but retaining on Chych shouldn’t be an option.
If retaining on Chychrun gets an “extra” 1st, that’s more value than you’ll get “extra” by retaining on anyone else. You’re looking at an “extra” 3rd (or equivalent value) on anyone else.

Reactions: AZviaNJ

AZviaNJ

Mar 31, 2011
AZ
Retention on Chychrun is another 1st or equivalent value.

If retaining on Chychrun gets an “extra” 1st, that’s more value than you’ll get “extra” by retaining on anyone else. You’re looking at an “extra” 3rd (or equivalent value) on anyone else.
but is any team going to give up a 1st for $2.3M of cap relief for 3 years?

hbk

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Feb 28, 2002
Visit site
Why you say that?
You always bury bad news on a Friday because by the Monday news cycle it's already tempered down significantly. I'm not saying it's the Coyotes that would want to do it on the Friday. My hope its the team involved is so scared of the backlash (especially on talk radio in a Canadian market) that they want to time this right to allow enough time for the fanbase to accept the cost (and we all bloody know that within a an hour or two that the tone about Chychrun will change 180 degrees and we will be told we are idiots for giving up this potential #1D - bank on this). This means a Friday afternoon/early evening.

Reactions: Coyotes19c
Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad