Chychrun’s Megathread V (poll added)

• PLEASE check any bookmark on all devices. IF you see a link pointing to mandatory.com DELETE it Please use this URL https://forums.hfboards.com/

Will Chychrun Be Traded Before The Season?

• Total voters
Status
Not open for further replies.

hbk

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Feb 28, 2002
Visit site
They’ve got Washington’s 2nd in ‘24. Maybe just add that? Or don’t add it and swap Brannstrom out for Kleven?
Hard to guess with the prospects because that all depends on who our scouts like.

Imaravencawcaw

Jul 19, 2018
Vote: Accept or Reject

To OTT
Chychrun

To ARI
Zaitsev
Brannstrom
Greig
2023 OTT 1st (c.)*

*(c.) if 2023 OTT 1st is Top 10, then pick converts to unconditional 2024 OTT 1st.
If the pick is top 10 protected I'd want another asset. Drop it to Top 2/3/5 protection and I think it's fine value.

Schemp

Nov 12, 2018
Still stuck in Forum 40
If a team insists on a conditional pick, then they shouldn't be trading for Chychrun! Coyotes need protection from a team purposely tanking to screw the Coyotes because of the conditions.

TheNumber4

Nov 11, 2011
Oilers fan coming in peace. Seeing that Ottawa proposal makes Chychrun realistically obtainable from an Oilers POV potentially. We could put Broberg on the table which is a much better prospect than Branstrom. We’d send less Bad Cap your way in the form of Foegele versus Zaitsev. Oilers are strapped for Cap and would need some retention though to make it work though.

How does this sound:

Chychrun (50% retention)

For

Foegele (2.75 Cap)
Derek Ryan (1.25 Cap)
1st
Broberg

Grimes

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Jan 5, 2012
Tippet's Doghouse
cleanhits.substack.com
Oilers fan coming in peace. Seeing that Ottawa proposal makes Chychrun realistically obtainable from an Oilers POV potentially. We could put Broberg on the table which is a much better prospect than Branstrom. We’d send less Bad Cap your way in the form of Foegele versus Zaitsev. Oilers are strapped for Cap and would need some retention though to make it work though.

How does this sound:

Chychrun (50% retention)

For

Foegele (2.75 Cap)
Derek Ryan (1.25 Cap)
1st
Broberg

Needs more Xavier Bourgault

• Haha
Reactions: Kaizen

TheNumber4

Nov 11, 2011
Needs more Xavier Bourgault
That might be a sticking point with the Oilers… In camp last year he was our best looking prospect. And he just came off a great season and huge playoff run in the Q. Maybe if we get a 3rd back?

Reactions: Grimes

moosemeister

5,000 strong
Feb 15, 2010
Mesa, Arizona

How does this sound:

Chychrun (50% retention)

For

Foegele (2.75 Cap)
Derek Ryan (1.25 Cap)
1st
Broberg

I wouldn’t do 50%. Got any more dumps?

Smith? So we can LTIR him?

TheNumber4

Nov 11, 2011
I wouldn’t do 50%. Got any more dumps?

Smith? So we can LTIR him?
No one else that would make a dent to allow us to fit in Chychrun. We have Koekoek expendable but he’s only making 975K. 50% retention is a big ask I understand, but it might be worth it for the better futures in Broberg and potentially Bourgault if something can be worked out. Also not really sure you’d have any use for the 2.3M retained anyways unless there’s an internal budget I’m unaware of.

moosemeister

5,000 strong
Feb 15, 2010
Mesa, Arizona
No one else that would make a dent to allow us to fit in Chychrun. We have Koekoek expendable but he’s only making 975K. 50% retention is a big ask I understand, but it might be worth it for the better futures in Broberg and potentially Bourgault if something can be worked out. Also not really sure you’d have any use for the 2.3M retained anyways unless there’s an internal budget I’m unaware of.
It's not an internal budget issue. I'd be happy to retain on Chychrun if AZ wasn't already retaining on OEL.

Only having one retention spot for three more years makes me super nervous. This is the biggest sticking point to me. The value is great though and it's a solid proposal.

rt

Clean Hits on Substack

How does this sound:

Chychrun (50% retention)

For

Foegele (2.75 Cap)
Derek Ryan (1.25 Cap)
1st
Broberg
Broberg and a 1st isn’t enough for Chychrun at full cap, without any dumps. You need to add assets for the dumps and add assets for the retention. You’re missing an additional 1st.

TheNumber4

Nov 11, 2011
It's not an internal budget issue. I'd be happy to retain on Chychrun if AZ wasn't already retaining on OEL.

Only having one retention spot for three more years makes me super nervous. This is the biggest sticking point to me. The value is great though and it's a solid proposal.
Oh right i forgot about there’s a max on retention contracts. Isn’t it at 3 though? Are you retaining anyone else besides OEL?

rt

Clean Hits on Substack
Nobody here cares about Brannstrom. He was a throw in. Greig was the prize. And the Ottawa 1st. Those two assets are much more appealing than Broberg and the EDM 1st.

Reactions: Kaizen

TheNumber4

Nov 11, 2011
Broberg and a 1st isn’t enough for Chychrun at full cap, without any dumps. You need to add assets for the dumps and add assets for the retention. You’re missing an additional 1st.

So your saying something like this?

Chychrun (50% retention)

For

Foegele (2.75 Cap)
Derek Ryan (1.25 Cap)
1st (2023)
1st (2024)
Broberg

moosemeister

5,000 strong
Feb 15, 2010
Mesa, Arizona
Oh right i forgot about there’s a max on retention contracts. Isn’t it at 3 though? Are you retaining anyone else besides OEL?

Not any more. Kuemper came off this summer.

AZ still has players like Ghost and Ritchie they could retain on this year. I know they're both UFA this year, but I'd rather burn the two slots on those guys than burn one on Chychrun for a few more years.

TheNumber4

Nov 11, 2011
Nobody here cares about Brannstrom. He was a throw in. Greig was the prize. And the Ottawa 1st. Those two assets are much more appealing than Broberg and the EDM 1st.

You view Grieg > Broberg? I’d argue Bourgault is even a better prospect than Greig and I view Broberg better than both.

Not any more. Kuemper came off this summer.

AZ still has players like Ghost and Ritchie they could retain on this year. I know they're both UFA this year, but I'd rather burn the two slots on those guys than burn one on Chychrun for a few more years.

I see what you mean. Makes sense. Oilers want that retention. Sounds like we’d have to add Bourgault?

Foegele
Broberg
1st
Bourgault

Arguably a retained Ritchie won’t get you close to a Bourgault anyway, so it might make sense to use that Retention slow.

rt

Clean Hits on Substack
You view Grieg > Broberg? I’d argue Bourgault is even a better prospect than Greig and I view Broberg better than both.
Broberg would be 3rd on my list of those three. Also, the Ottawa pick vs Edmonton pick is a big factor. There’s some great potential with that Ottawa pick. Also, there wasn’t any retention on Chychrun and you failed to include a 3rd asset.

Greig+1st+Brannstrom+Zaitsev is far and away more appealing than Broberg+1st+Nothing+Two Dumps+Retention. It’s not even close. Add at least another 1st. Maybe more.

So your saying something like this?

Chychrun (50% retention)

For

Foegele (2.75 Cap)
Derek Ryan (1.25 Cap)
1st (2023)
1st (2024)
Broberg
Yep. Replace Ryan with Puljujarvi and it’s a deal.

TheNumber4

Nov 11, 2011
Broberg would be 3rd on my list of those three. Also, the Ottawa pick vs Edmonton pick is a big factor. There’s some great potential with that Ottawa pick. Also, there wasn’t any retention on Chychrun and you failed to include a 3rd asset.

Greig+1st+Brannstrom+Zaitsev is far and away more appealing than Broberg+1st+Nothing+Two Dumps+Retention. It’s not even close. Add at least another 1st. Maybe more.
Personally I think it goes Broberg>Bougault>Grieg>Branstrom. But these are prospects we are talking about here. So personal opinions can differ. But if we are to go by consensus indicated by draft position and draft rankings for each prospect im pretty sure my rating is more in line with their values.

I’d throw Bourgault into my initial offer now that i hear where you’re coming from. Bourgault is a year younger than Greig, was drafted higher than Grieg, and outproduced Grieg (especially in the playoffs) quite handedly despite being a year younger.

rt

Clean Hits on Substack
Personally I think it goes Broberg>Bougault>Grieg>Branstrom. But these are prospects we are talking about here. So personal opinions can differ. But if we are to go by consensus indicated by draft position and draft rankings for each prospect im pretty sure my rating is more in line with their values.

I’d throw Bourgault into my initial offer now that i hear where you’re coming from. Bourgault is a year younger than Greig, was drafted higher than Grieg, and outproduced Grieg (especially in the playoffs) quite handedly despite being a year younger.
I like Bourgault about as much as Greig. I like the Ottawa 1st better than that Edmonton 1st. And I Like Brannstrom better than no Brannstrom. Then there’s the retention.

TheNumber4

Nov 11, 2011

Yep. Replace Ryan with Puljujarvi and it’s a deal.

Don’t think that’d work. Oilers just signed him to give him another go.

I really think the prospects we are offering are better though.

Broberg>>>Branstrom
Bourgault>Grieg
2.75M bad cap>4.5M bad cap

So to also throw Pool into that probably kills the deal.

rt

Clean Hits on Substack
Don’t think that’d work. Oilers just signed him to give him another go.

I really think the prospects we are offering are better though.

Broberg>>>Branstrom
Bourgault>Grieg
2.75M bad cap>4.5M bad cap

So to also throw Pool into that probably kills the deal.
Wait. You’re saying Bourgault AND Broberg? Yeah, that moves the needle for sure.

My asset ranking:

1. Greig (barely)
2. Bourgault (it’s close)

3. Broberg (barely)
4. Ottawa 1st (it’s close)

5. Edmonton 1st

6. Brannstrom

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad