Value of: Chris Tanev

• PLEASE check any bookmark on all devices. IF you see a link pointing to mandatory.com DELETE it Please use this URL https://forums.hfboards.com/

DeltaSwede

Jun 15, 2011
Gbg
Ottawa offers Cody Ceci, a 2017 1st and Zach Smith.

That's tempting, not sure about Smith but Ceci and 2017 1st would be the starting point if the Canucks would give up Tanev.

It's not like the Canucks should actively look to move him, he is young enough to fit in with the next core.

iFan

May 5, 2013
Calgary
Not sure Van would be all that interested in Cece, we have enough good young D man, we need scoring help in a bad way.

donut

Sep 5, 2012
Ottawa offers Cody Ceci, a 2017 1st and Zach Smith.

I'd try to work a deal around Brown going to VAN but honestly, doubt OTT trades Brown nor do I see why OTT would try to trade for Tanev.

Addison Rae

Jun 2, 2009
Vancouver
Tanev doesn't get you JVR not the way JVR is playing

lmao okay man that's why leafs fans have been offering JVR+ in every Tanev thread and Canucks fans have constantly turned it down.

It's the same ****ing crap all the time, some of you guys just keep shoving the same goddamn proposals down our throats. we aren't trading our #2 dman signed long term on a fantastic contract for a guy that is a year and half away from free agency, it's like you people ignore everything about other teams needs. It's the same crap I see all the time here dating back to those Bozak + 2nd offers for ROR.

Christopher Tanev is worth more than JVR, it's really not debatable, if you started a poll on this Tanev would absolutely destroy JVR no to mentioned he's objectively just better at ice hockey.

We don't ****ing want JVR, stop shoving him down our throats it's goddamn annoying.

ultron*

Sep 26, 2016
Canucks need offense right?
Obviously the big three aren't leaving.
The next best forward prospect is Kapanen.

Could also add someone they like, maybe Bracco or Timashov. And then add like a 2nd.

Tanev for Kapanen + forward prospect of Canuck's choosing + 2nd

Leafs seem to have improved much faster than anticipated and I think they are gonna be in the playoffs next year and I think Tanev would improve thier chances of going deep.

Rielly-Zaitsev
Gardiner-Tanev

Pay a heavy price but the top 4 is complete!

DeltaSwede

Jun 15, 2011
Gbg
The next best forward prospect is Kapanen.

Could also add someone they like, maybe Bracco or Timashov. And then add like a 2nd.

Leafs seem to have improved much faster than anticipated and I think they are gonna be in the playoffs next year and I think Tanev would improve thier chances of going deep.

Rielly-Zaitsev
Gardiner-Tanev

Jesus christ, can all Toronto fans take the next exit out of this thread and take their trash proposals with them? If this is based on you thinking Zaitsev is better than Tanev.. then I really don't know what to say.

ultron*

Sep 26, 2016
Jesus christ, can all Toronto fans take the next exit out of this thread and take their trash proposals with them? If this is based on you thinking Zaitsev is better than Tanev.. then I really don't know what to say.

oh no. I think Zaitsev is a 2 and Tanev is a 2. So I guess you could switch them. I just thought Tanev would fit good with Gardiner. I know Tanev and Rielly were good in the World Cup but I really like Rielly-Zaitsev

Did you not like the main piece of Kapanen? or is any deal just not possible? I avoided JVR and Gardiner.

DeltaSwede

Jun 15, 2011
Gbg
oh no. I think Zaitsev is a 2 and Tanev is a 2. So I guess you could switch them. I just thought Tanev would fit good with Gardiner. I know Tanev and Rielly were good in the World Cup but I really like Rielly-Zaitsev

Did you not like the main piece of Kapanen? or is any deal just not possible? I avoided JVR and Gardiner.

For the Canucks to give up a significant piece like Tanev, it's got to be something more enticing than Kapanen +. I'm not high on Kapanen despite his AHL production, add that with him being added into pretty much every Leafs proposal and it just adds to my doubts about him.

The Canucks aren't actively looking to trade Tanev and it would have to be an overpayment.

If you think Tanev is a #2, why are you proposing a package from the Leafs that might not even land you a top 4 defensemen at the rate they are going?

ultron*

Sep 26, 2016
For the Canucks to give up a significant piece like Tanev, it's got to be something more enticing than Kapanen +. I'm not high on Kapanen despite his AHL production, add that with him being added into pretty much every Leafs proposal and it just adds to my doubts about him.

The Canucks aren't actively looking to trade Tanev and it would have to be an overpayment.

If you think Tanev is a #2, why are you proposing a package from the Leafs that might not even land you a top 4 defensemen at the rate they are going?

Kapanen is pretty good and the package i proposed would land a good D imo. I was trying to fit canucks needs. Obviously, the best piece for a D would be JVR but Canuck fans don't seem to want him. I'm not really sure what else Toronto could offer. O.O

Kapanen+ or JVR is basically it....

and I think the Canucks should trade Tanev. Canucks haven't even started their rebuild! Toronto has been doing a real rebuild for like 2 or 3 years and they still have a year or 2 left. In 5 years, Tanev will be 31?

Addison Rae

Jun 2, 2009
Vancouver
we're not taking your awful proposals, just because you think Vancouver should trade Tanev doesn't mean we're going to take your crap, holy ****.

VanJack

Jul 11, 2014
we're not taking your awful proposals, just because you think Vancouver should trade Tanev doesn't mean we're going to take your crap, holy ****.

Unless Edler waives his NTC, Tanev is about the only valuable trading chip the Canucks have....a right-side d-man who can play in the top-four and with an affordable contract. VanCity needs a young winger who can play now; a prospect and a high pick for it to happen. But don't see this happening until the trade deadline.

kanucks25

Chris Tanev #1 Fan
Nov 29, 2013
Surrey, BC
The Canucks don't want JVR or any other older forward.

The Canucks don't want a package of B-/C+ prospects and picks.

The Canucks want a 1-for-1 type deal that includes an impact young forward or forward prospect coming back.

If we're not going to something like that then we have no reason to trade our best player.

SaltyKesler

Sep 3, 2015
Vancity
Then next best forward prospect is Kapanen.

Rielly-Zaitsev
Gardiner-Tanev

What? Stop making proposals for Tanev if all you're going to do is say crap like that, you're not accomplishing anything by giving up your B grade prospects because you can't afford to give any A prospects away. These teams aren't good trading partners because, you guys don't have anything important in terms of available value to us, for a Top 3 defender is what your post is basically showing. Leafs fans should not post anything for Tanev unless it's for a stud forward under 25, but all of their studs under 25 are untouchable, so there's no point in this proposal.

QJL

Jan 2, 2014
Revisiting. We need this player on NYR.

Offer Zuccarello + Zborovskiy + Halverson + 2017 1st

clunk

Dec 10, 2015
I'm gonna..

You would need to have a really good young forward in there to interest me personally.

Zibanejad, Vesey or the more unlikely option Buchnevich. Otherwise we don't have much reason to move him.

D-men and goaltenders don't do much for us.

Last edited:

Halla

Jan 28, 2016
What? Stop making proposals for Tanev if all you're going to do is say crap like that, you're not accomplishing anything by giving up your B grade prospects because you can't afford to give any A prospects away. These teams aren't good trading partners because, you guys don't have anything important in terms of available value to us, for a Top 3 defender is what your post is basically showing. Leafs fans should not post anything for Tanev unless it's for a stud forward under 25, but all of their studs under 25 are untouchable, so there's no point in this proposal.

Kapanen with 33 pts in 33 AHL games as a 20 year old is hardly a B prospect. a guy like jake virtanen, struggling in the AHL, is a B prospect...if the B stands for bust

Cogburn

Pretend they're yachts.
May 28, 2010
Vancouver

Its a generous offer, but we're looking for a one piece return more then a package.

Zuccarello is a lot of what we'd need, but his size is a concern, and his age has us going in the wrong direction. Also a shooter would be preferred over a playmaker, but as long as the pucks go in the net that's a minor detail.

A late first doesn't give us what we need either, as it will likely be someone further down the line up, if we manage not to screw up their development (this is a real concern of mine).

Zborovskiy seems relatively impressive, but we don't need more defenders, we have our potential top end guys, we have our potential middle guys and even a lot of depth D. We also are stocked with goaltending prospects, making Halverson nice, but redundant.

Again, it is a generous offer, but it's not the kind of return we'd want.

ZiGOODejad

intangibles
Nov 30, 2013
Its a generous offer, but we're looking for a one piece return more then a package.

Zuccarello is a lot of what we'd need, but his size is a concern, and his age has us going in the wrong direction. Also a shooter would be preferred over a playmaker, but as long as the pucks go in the net that's a minor detail.

A late first doesn't give us what we need either, as it will likely be someone further down the line up, if we manage not to screw up their development (this is a real concern of mine).

Zborovskiy seems relatively impressive, but we don't need more defenders, we have our potential top end guys, we have our potential middle guys and even a lot of depth D. We also are stocked with goaltending prospects, making Halverson nice, but redundant.

Again, it is a generous offer, but it's not the kind of return we'd want.

His size shouldn't concern anyone he plays with more of them edge then most big men. Understandable that u want to go younger tho

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad