Value of: Chris Tanev

• PLEASE check any bookmark on all devices. IF you see a link pointing to mandatory.com DELETE it Please use this URL https://forums.hfboards.com/

Grandrift145

Jan 23, 2009
Uptop
I think his value is higher than Dougie Hamiltons when he was traded because he is signed to a good contract, but otherwise they had similar on ice value

If the Canucks want to start a rebuild this summer and are looking for picks and prospects instead of NHL players I could see the leafs being a good trading partner

At the draft I could see the leafs offering

1st round pick (13-17), 2 second round picks and a prospect like, Bracco and Neilson

Trading Tanev for a top 6 forward will not make the Canucks a better team, They are better off keeping him

Cogburn

Pretend they're yachts.
May 28, 2010
Vancouver
I think his value is higher than Dougie Hamiltons when he was traded because he is signed to a good contract, but otherwise they had similar on ice value

If the Canucks want to start a rebuild this summer and are looking for picks and prospects instead of NHL players I could see the leafs being a good trading partner

1st round pick (13-17), 2 second round picks and a prospect like, Bracco and Neilson

Trading Tanev for a top 6 forward will not make the Canucks a better team, They are better off keeping him

If we were to move him, we'd have to get a top flight young forward back. We're not interested in depth, as we have depth in most categories, and those we don't have depth in, it is much easier to acquire then shipping out our MVP (based on play with and without Tanev in the line up).

If we can't get that, we'll continue to hold on to him, we're not selling him, more collecting offers if anything.

Nuckles

_________
Apr 27, 2010
heck

Start with Nylander and add from there. We're not going to move him for a mid 1st and a bunch of 2nds.

Idlerlee

Apr 19, 2013
Its a generous offer, but we're looking for a one piece return more then a package.

Zuccarello is a lot of what we'd need, but his size is a concern, and his age has us going in the wrong direction. Also a shooter would be preferred over a playmaker, but as long as the pucks go in the net that's a minor detail.

A late first doesn't give us what we need either, as it will likely be someone further down the line up, if we manage not to screw up their development (this is a real concern of mine).

Zborovskiy seems relatively impressive, but we don't need more defenders, we have our potential top end guys, we have our potential middle guys and even a lot of depth D. We also are stocked with goaltending prospects, making Halverson nice, but redundant.

Again, it is a generous offer, but it's not the kind of return we'd want.

Zuccarello shoots more than anyone on the Rangers. His size is not a detriment, that kinda has to go away after proving himself for so many years.

But fair enough on the age, he's 29 and ready to retire in a couple years

Cogburn

Pretend they're yachts.
May 28, 2010
Vancouver
Zuccarello shoots more than anyone on the Rangers. His size is not a detriment, that kinda has to go away after proving himself for so many years.

But fair enough on the age, he's 29 and ready to retire in a couple years

Whenever I've seen him play he seemed far more the playmaker then the finisher. His usual point totals seemed to have support my thoughts (I'll admit I don't watch anywhere close to as many Ranger games as fans of the team will, but I do see some), but I defer to your expertise.

As for the size, it's not an insult, but we get muscled due to sheer physics as it is. Every team in our division is built keying into size, and not just through top players or goons, but everyone. Zuccarello has proven without a doubt he belongs in the league, size be damned, but I'm not convinced he should be a key focus for the already out muscled Canucks. Even the Sedins, who are normally my shining example of physicality not being a prerequisite, are being forced further and further off their games, and while they don't initiate contact, they play through it like champs. They are being affected by the shift in our division.

29 isn't old, but if we move Tanev, we're essentially saying we don't want to compete for a few years. We'd be rebuilding, not looking to "fill a hole" on our roster, so 29 is older then we'd be focusing on.

Halla

Jan 28, 2016
Start with Nylander and add from there. We're not going to move him for a mid 1st and a bunch of 2nds.

start with Nylander?

no, you dont get a 55-60pt 20 year old rookie + for Tanev.
15-20 pt defense only players who are made of glass arent worth that.

Doublechin

Jun 23, 2013
Tanev's value is probably a bit higher than Petry 2 years ago and he landed 2 2nds if I remember right. So maybe a first and a 2nd tops.

Hunter368

RIP lomiller1, see you in the next life buddy.
Nov 8, 2011
Neutral fan here, I think both sides have fair points.

I doubt Leafs can land Tanev for just picks.

I doubt Nucks land Nylander for Tanev.

Only thing I can see is KK, 1st and C level prospect maybe. Nylander is too much, picks alone are too little.

Randy Randerson

Jul 28, 2016
Hamilton
Neutral fan here, I think both sides have fair points.

I doubt Leafs can land Tanev for just picks.

I doubt Nucks land Nylander for Tanev.

Only thing I can see is KK, 1st and C level prospect maybe. Nylander is too much, picks alone are too little.

seems like a fair assessment, I thought that he could be had with our 1st being the centre piece of the deal earlier in the year but it doesn't seem like it's going to be a top 10 pick at this point

Brock Radunske

안양종합운동장 빙상장
Aug 8, 2012

I like Tanev and maybe that would be the cost if he was a more durable defenseman.
He's NEVER played a full season and the most he's ever played has been 70 games. His games played are the following; 29, 25, 38, 64, 70, 69, 21. Those are the numbers of a starting goalie, not a stalwart #2 defenseman.
Guys that can't stay healthy don't return blue-chip prospects.

Mikos87

Mar 19, 2002
Visit site
Well you have to ask yourselves what would you want for him?

My feeling on the Canucks is that they have to embrace the rebuild instead of building Willie's credentials.

You always want to win, but Van City is headed towards that 6-14th pick limbo for a few years.

Tanev should net:
Young NHL Center, Top 4 D Prospect that can step in right away, and 2nd/prospect

That's 3 pieces for a rock of an anchor of a defense man.

Teams will pay.

Mar 26, 2010
I would not offer anything for Tanev. Not even a 2nd or 3rd round pick alone. He would be our #4 D.

TOGuy14

Dec 30, 2010
Toronto
Well you have to ask yourselves what would you want for him?

My feeling on the Canucks is that they have to embrace the rebuild instead of building Willie's credentials.

You always want to win, but Van City is headed towards that 6-14th pick limbo for a few years.

Tanev should net:
Young NHL Center, Top 4 D Prospect that can step in right away, and 2nd/prospect

That's 3 pieces for a rock of an anchor of a defense man.

Teams will pay.

Don't think VAN will get that much in a trade of Tanev.

Beside his very limited offensive ability he also has a decent injury history. Not exactly someone who will reliably be an anchor of any defence...

Hunter368

RIP lomiller1, see you in the next life buddy.
Nov 8, 2011
I would not offer anything for Tanev. Not even a 2nd or 3rd round pick alone. He would be our #4 D.

Not a productive comment, just say you're not interested. Comments like your just flame the thread b/c your comments are so over the top.

Mar 26, 2010
Then why are you even here.....

For the fact that none of Nylander, Marner, Matthews, Rielly, Kadri are all not available.

It is the same as saying we want Horvat and a 1st for Zaitsev. Not going to happen! Nylander or ANY of Toronto's elite young core will NOT be traded for Tanev. Take that to the bank. Guaranteed.

Mar 26, 2010
Not a productive comment, just say you're not interested. Comments like your just flame the thread b/c your comments are so over the top.

A non-productive comment is asking for Marner Nyander 1st for Tanev. That is flaming BIG TIME!

4thline

Jul 18, 2014
Waterloo
The return of a single elite level young ELC player for a player like Tanev would be pretty much unprecedented. Highly unlikely.
Off the top of my head the only trades involving Nylander/Marner level young assets in the cap age were

Pronger
Carter
Richards
Johansen
Kessel to Leafs (and only then because of bad gamble on a poorly structured deal.

Tanev at 27 signed for 3 more years after this is not in that asset class.
Realistically if he's moved it will be for either

A similar aged top-line forward with a couple years to UFA
A mid first + nhl ready/proven 21-24 year old player with top 4d/top 6F but not likely top pair/ine potential + a B+ prospect (sliding scale between the three pieces as needed)

ZiGOODejad

intangibles
Nov 30, 2013
For the fact that none of Nylander, Marner, Matthews, Rielly, Kadri are all not available.

It is the same as saying we want Horvat and a 1st for Zaitsev. Not going to happen! Nylander or ANY of Toronto's elite young core will NOT be traded for Tanev. Take that to the bank. Guaranteed.

I don't need to take any of that to the bank it's not like they are asking for a star player for complete crap views are different opinions are different. Just like any trade offer that's laughed at here might not be laughed at by actual GMs we don't know how they come to these trade conclusions. They certainly aren't scolding each other about them because it's unprofessional. So if you don't like this board as u are a leafs fan(?) on a Tanev thread take your toys and go home.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad