Value of: Chris Tanev

• PLEASE check any bookmark on all devices. IF you see a link pointing to mandatory.com DELETE it Please use this URL https://forums.hfboards.com/

loyaltotheend

May 5, 2016
St. John's
It hurts me but i'd do Sergachev for Tanev, assuming either Petry or Tanev would be ok playing LD. Our windows now so we're gonna have to make a big move, our biggest need is a top 2 dman imo. Vancouver gets a young D for their rebuild (and a potential Juolevi - Sergachev pairing).

Petry - Weber
Beaulieu - Tanev
Markov - Emelin
Pateryn

1 PMD + 1 defensive D per pairing

Seems like a pretty strong offer from my pov. No idea if Canucks want futures only, but that's certainly a good chip to offer...

Deadly Dogma

All I have is substantially vapid opinions
Sponsor
May 3, 2016
I was thinking about it and a Tor-Van deal could be a lengthy process.
For 1 Tor runs by committee with Shanny, Babs, Dubass and Lou all being heavily involved and Van has ownership who likes to meddle.
On top of that you have certain players that I know for a fact that Hunter wants(Juolevi)

I soo could see Tor pulling the we want Juolevi for STRONG value knowing that Van will balk and then be like OK fine we will take Tanev.

Plus I wonder if some Van fans would rather prospects than picks. I am not a Van fan but I do not trust their scout. Juolevi is awesome tho(I am a big Knights homer so any Mem cup Knight is awesome to me)

loyaltotheend

May 5, 2016
St. John's
Not from me, i had this stance in the very early incarnation of Tanev threads. and ya, i took a beating for it...but my reasoning is this, i don't think the kid we pick would have the impact of Tanev on our top pair next to Rielly. Now, with that being said...if i knew the pick was top 5? I dunno....

For sure, that's a risk. Make the trade and then lose Andersen to injury for the balance of the season is probably worst-case, but not like it couldn't happen. I guess I'm willing to try it as I agree he would have a great impact on our d-core.
Though if it ends up being Patrick for Tanev.... ugh

Randy Randerson

Jul 28, 2016
Hamilton
For sure, that's a risk. Make the trade and then lose Andersen to injury for the balance of the season is probably worst-case, but not like it couldn't happen. I guess I'm willing to try it as I agree he would have a great impact on our d-core.
Though if it ends up being Patrick for Tanev.... ugh

I think you could throw Liljegren, and Hischier into the same category this year, then Dahlin and Ryan Merkely next year. Tanev is good, but any of those guys could be top 10 in their position...wouldn't want to give up a franchise building block for a good support guy

VanJack

Jul 11, 2014
Realize that Benning is always capable of a trade 'head-scratcher' but trading Tanev for another, younger d-men would make zero sense.....every playoff bound team in the NHL is desperate for depth on the blueline.

Canucks need prospects and picks up front.....Tanev could command a big package if the Canucks pull the trigger before the trade deadline. Leafs, Rangers, Pens and the Habs need to be all-in if he's in play.

Liferleafer

TSN Scrum Lurker
Feb 9, 2011
Realize that Benning is always capable of a trade 'head-scratcher' but trading Tanev for another, younger d-men would make zero sense.....every playoff bound team in the NHL is desperate for depth on the blueline.

Canucks need prospects and picks up front.....Tanev could command a big package if the Canucks pull the trigger before the trade deadline. Leafs, Rangers, Pens and the Habs need to be all-in if he's in play.

What does "all in" mean with regards to the Leafs?

M2Beezy

Love ya Grubster
Sponsor
May 25, 2014
TWO OPTIONS PLEASE THINK AND NOT ATTACK IF DISAGRE

To Vancity: Reinhart and 2018 2nd round pick

To Buffalo: Tanev

To Vancity: Kapanen and 2018 1st round pick and 2017 5th round pick

josra33

Aug 11, 2008

Not a fan of either team, but I just threw up in my mouth.... :shakehead

Liferleafer

TSN Scrum Lurker
Feb 9, 2011

Leafs are wondering why we lose Kapanen but Buffalo gets Tanev....

Deadly Dogma

Sponsor
May 3, 2016
Not a fan of either team, but I just threw up in my mouth.... :shakehead

I would offer any 2 of our lottery protected 1st+Kap+Lepsic

also prob have to take back a contract(not salary, ECHLer type guy)

M2Beezy

Love ya Grubster
Sponsor
May 25, 2014
O ok guys thanks for the feedback but thought maybe Sabres getting even more desperate for a defensive #1 dman and seeing the devils oilers trade and now how bad devils d is without larsen and oilers d is better now WITH larsen that it changed the way top defensive dmens worth is worth. But i guess i overvalued my teams player and have a better idea now. Hope it wasnt too offensive

leafsfan1234

Jun 18, 2016
Can some Canucks fans give us some insight as to why their top pairing defensive defenseman plays only 19:49 a game this year?

DadBod

Sep 1, 2009
Coquitlam
Can some Canucks fans give us some insight as to why their top pairing defensive defenseman plays only 19:49 a game this year?

No one in Vancouver knows why but we know who. And that would be Willy D

Probably the same reason why Jayson Megna is playing on the 1st line, 2nd PP and 17 minutes a night....who you might ask? Exactly!

Or the same reason the SHL MVP Anton Rodin cannot even get a game in place of Brendan Gaunce or Michael Caput.

There are many questions what invlove WillyD

zcaptain

Apr 4, 2012
Crazy Canuck Fan here............

Toronto

2017-1st (unprotected ) + Kapanen + 2017-2nd(highest)

Vancouver

Tanev + Gaunce + 2017-3rd

The truth.........Van needs to stock the cupboards

The truth.........Tor wants Tanev

Deadly Dogma

Sponsor
May 3, 2016

Toronto

Vancouver

add lottery protection on the 1st+Kap+insert no name prospect for contract spot for Tanev with out Gaunce and the 3rd.

Cogburn

Pretend they're yachts.
May 28, 2010
Vancouver

Toronto

Vancouver

This is how we stay mediocre. We have a piece that is worth something, and we need a piece that reflects the value to our team. This makes us much worse now, and doesn't have a good likelihood of benefiting us as greatly in the future. Kapanen is a fine prospect, but he's not the centerpiece for Tanev, and we will waste those draft picks, mark my words.

zcaptain

Apr 4, 2012
add lottery protection on the 1st+Kap+insert no name prospect for contract spot for Tanev with out Gaunce and the 3rd.

Honestly, I think once Tanev is inserted, Toronto becomes a playoff team, but that is the risk............

IMO, the risk is more Vancouver's than Toronto's

So the more I think about it..........

Toronto 2017-1st (unprotected) + Kapanen + 2017-2nd

(There is absolutely nothing that guarantees Toronto's side plays a game, both Vancouver's players are in the NHL)

for

Van.........Tanev and Gaunce

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad