Chris Kreider

• PLEASE check any bookmark on all devices. IF you see a link pointing to mandatory.com DELETE it Please use this URL https://forums.hfboards.com/
Status
Not open for further replies.

coolbreeze callahan

Dec 7, 2014
He looks clueless guys come on. He gets behind the dfense because of his speed a few times last year so everybody goes crazy. Maybe this year opponents are watching him and paying attention to him. To me alls he has is speed. I do not see anything else. And by the way when he does get behind dfense he goes down and shoots the puck right into goaltenders chest......

chosen

Aug 2, 2005
ASPG
Canadians "gave up" on Lecalair and look how that turned out.

Kreider has many tools but his hockey IQ is lacking. He's a good player because of his natural abilities. He also takes many "big dumb puppy" penalties like the young dog who doesn't know how strong he is.

He's a playoff performer in his three go arounds. Maybe he's another Kovalev; decent during the regular season and tops out as a 20-20 guy but during the playoffs when you generally play the same 6-7 defensemen you can begin to exploit them.

He's not somebody who should even be in consideration to be traded at this point. Let him figure it out and hope that someday he takes the next step.

For every Leclair, there are 100 who don't break out.

Kovalev topped out as a 20-20 guy?

Check your statistics.

silverfish

got perma'd
Jun 24, 2008
under the bridge
It's funny, I went to look at Kreider's stats just now expecting around 164 regular season NHL games played. Nope, not close. 113.

He's struggling. Most of the team is struggling. With Kreider though, it's easy to see why he's struggling, and it's because he's not really that engaged physically.

Before the Minnesota game, Kreider had 6 points in 8 games. After the Minnesota game? 7 points in 15 games.

That's not a coincidence.

The coaching staff needs to keep telling him to get engaged physically. Throw the weight around. Get your head in the game. Keep your legs moving.

That's Kreider's game. If he does that, the points will come.

chosen

Aug 2, 2005
ASPG
LOL, you know what I meant.....it's early on the East Coast. Kovalev was a 55-60 point guy when he should've been a 75-80 point guy. Kreider might only be a 20-20 guy.

It's still a horrible analogy. Kovalev put up over 1000 points and had years that were much better than 60 points. The only thing similar between them was that we expected more. If Kovalev gave us more, he might have been a top 100 ever forward.

NYR Viper

Sep 9, 2007
Jacksonville, FL
It's something he's been trying to figure out since college yet you're sure consistency will come.

I won't hold my breath.

And yeah, he brings size, speed, and strength...when he wants to.

23 years old. C'mon man.

These are the growing pains everyone says they can deal with and yet when a Rangers player goes through them people want to trade them

haveandare

Jul 2, 2009
New York
A guys in a bad stretch, so all the armchair coaches pile on him, start dissecting his game and coming to the conclusion that every part of it is flawled, he's clueless, can't play, has no motivation. Trade him now blah blah blah.

You'll have to excuse me if I don't put any stock at all in this knee jerk garbage.

I look forward to him getting hot again and having everyone fawn over him. This place is a waste when anything is going wrong.

LeetchisGod

This is a bad hockey team.
May 21, 2009
Washington, DC
I think the frustration stems from the fact that there have been games where Kreider is the most dominant player on the ice. Unfortunately it's far too infrequent.

Bleed Ranger Blue

Jul 18, 2006
23 years old. C'mon man.

These are the growing pains everyone says they can deal with and yet when a Rangers player goes through them people want to trade them

Being engaged in the game is not really a growing pain - it should be standard.

Inferno

Nov 27, 2005
Atlanta, GA
hes playing passive.

when kreider is passive, hes a mediocre player. when hes aggressive hes damn good. when he crosses the line, hes useless again.

he needs to learn to walk that line.

NY Lito

Jan 13, 2010
NJ
Even the best players in the world go through stretches where they don't look good. With Kreider, he has to walk a fine line in order to play well. He hasn't been close enough to the line. It's not that he isn't trying.

I don't understand how/why Kreider is immune to criticism for many people here. If any other Ranger forward were playing like Kreids for the past few weeks they'd be getting heavily critiqued and rightfully so.

But for Kreids? It's not that he isn't trying or isn't playing up to par, it's that he's still learning/inexperienced/going through a rough patch/whatever the excuse of the week is.

He's the anti-John Moore of this board.

chosen

Aug 2, 2005
ASPG
I don't understand how/why Kreider is immune to criticism for many people here. If any other Ranger forward were playing like Kreids for the past few weeks they'd be getting heavily critiqued and rightfully so.

But for Kreids? It's not that he isn't trying or isn't playing up to par, it's that he's still learning/inexperienced/going through a rough patch/whatever the excuse of the week is.

He is near-immune because he is big, physical, and fast. Results don't matter in some cases.

JohnC

Jan 26, 2013
New York
Lol Chris Kreider's immune to criticism? Am I thinking of the same player as everyone else or am I on the wrong board?

Captain Lindy

Formerly known as Kreider Beast
Apr 1, 2006
Virginia

Lundqvist is the guy who is immune from criticism to too many.

Bleed Ranger Blue

Jul 18, 2006
Even the best players in the world go through stretches where they don't look good. With Kreider, he has to walk a fine line in order to play well. He hasn't been close enough to the line. It's not that he isn't trying.

Its one thing to go through a slump when it comes to point production. My issue is that Kreider is prone to long stretches of being a ghost out there.

JohnC

Jan 26, 2013
New York
What?

Have you read this thread? People are calling to trade him.....
He was frequently called a bust during the one year period after the 2012 playoffs in the AHL up until his final call up last season. This place is just funny sometimes.

Bleed Ranger Blue

Jul 18, 2006
He was frequently called a bust during the one year period after the 2012 playoffs in the AHL up until his final call up last season. This place is just funny sometimes.

Thats a load of crap. I never saw him called a bust.

I did see a lot of criticism regarding his actual play vs. the absurd expectations placed on him (like perennial 30/30 guy out of the gate).

Raspewtin

Stay at home defenseman hater
May 30, 2013

And now people want to trade him :laugh:

Jesus christ. It's like no young player has ever struggled.

NY Lito

Jan 13, 2010
NJ
Thats a load of crap. I never saw him called a bust.

I did see a lot of criticism regarding his actual play vs. the absurd expectations placed on him (like perennial 30/30 guy out of the gate).

Yup. People like to rewrite history to fit their narrative.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad