Chris Kreider

Status
Not open for further replies.

trilobyte

Regulated User
Dec 9, 2008
Calgary
Kreider is certainly no 'huge project'. Never was.
Young player who has to learn? Yes, that, like most others.

the type of game where he uses his skill to the team's benefit is a physical game. You know, banging other plays around and knocking them, cleanly as much as possible to not hurt the team. He is playing far too nicely and he is therefore not the same benefit to the team. Time for him to get his game back, time for somebody to help him find it perhaps.

Brooklyn Ranger

Feb 27, 2002
Brooklyn, of course
Its most likely that stempniak or fast are scratched and Kreider slots in that spot....

I'd love to see Glass scratched but god forbid... I'm still wondering what offensive production AV is expecting out of him...

Looks like you get your wish.:D Can't say I'm unhappy either (Pat Leonard reported it). Hopefully, Kreider will relax a little on the forth line and get back into a more productive groove.

Pizza

Sep 17, 2005
I'd try Kreider with Moore and Fast. Two guys that make pretty good decisions with puck and a guy with plenty of size and speed that needs a boost. Could work nice.

Machinehead

GoAwayBrady
Jan 21, 2011
NYC
I'm hoping Kreider turns into like a Nick Foligno, who was a pretty below average power forward and is now exploding at 27 years old.

That's a long time to wait though... :(

Raspewtin

May 30, 2013
I'm hoping Kreider turns into like a Nick Foligno, who was a pretty below average power forward and is now exploding at 27 years old.

That's a long time to wait though... :(

Except, Kreider's rookie year beat every year of Foligno's career except 2012?

TheTakedown

Puck is Life
Jul 11, 2012
Looks like you get your wish.:D Can't say I'm unhappy either (Pat Leonard reported it). Hopefully, Kreider will relax a little on the forth line and get back into a more productive groove.

Ah I see that! I almost did a cartwheel in the a restaurant during dinner tonight!

Cassano

Aug 31, 2013
GTA
Honestly, I don't think Kreider's poor play as of late is concerning. A lot of PWFs, especially young ones are inconsistent. Hell, look at Lucic, who some think is the best PWF in the game and he's struggled for a while now.

Pizza

Sep 17, 2005
Players can see lots of ups and downs. Especially when young. Kreider has some things to figure out to be consistent, but we've all seen what he can do when the confidence is there.

He'll be fine.

Raspewtin

May 30, 2013
Honestly, I don't think Kreider's poor play as of late is concerning. A lot of PWFs, especially young ones are inconsistent. Hell, look at Lucic, who some think is the best PWF in the game and he's struggled for a while now.

Lucic rides the coattails of Krejci hard.

He's a 40 point player on most teams.

eco's bones

Jul 21, 2005
Elmira NY
Lucic's play goes up a level in the playoffs. When he's motivated he's a ****ing handful.

Actually a lot of Kreider's best games have been playoff games. Another was Brian Boyle. All big forwards who can play physical--keeping in mind that the Kings have a few guys like that as well.

lucky13

Iron Chic
Sep 17, 2006
Ridgewood, NY

I'm not overly concerned with his play as far as his overall developments concerned as has been said he's still young and it's early in his career...these things will happen...

Personally i feel his game is tailor made for the playoffs...high tempo hard hitting intense games....he has a history of showing up when it counts most...all thru college...and also...altho its a small ...sample even in the NHL he's played his best when it matters most....

The consistency in the Long 82 game season is what he still needs to learn

ReggieDunlop68

hey hanrahan!
Oct 4, 2008
It’s a rebuild.
Lucic's play goes up a level in the playoffs. When he's motivated he's a ****ing handful.

Actually a lot of Kreider's best games have been playoff games. Another was Brian Boyle. All big forwards who can play physical--keeping in mind that the Kings have a few guys like that as well.

CK has been fresh for his better playoff runs.

trilobyte

Regulated User
Dec 9, 2008
Calgary
I'm not overly concerned with his play as far as his overall developments concerned as has been said he's still young and it's early in his career...these things will happen...

Personally i feel his game is tailor made for the playoffs...high tempo hard hitting intense games....he has a history of showing up when it counts most...all thru college...and also...altho its a small ...sample even in the NHL he's played his best when it matters most....

The consistency in the Long 82 game season is what he still needs to learn

Right, but is that not exactly what the argument is? Not to be a smartass, but we always hear about consistency. Consistency is what makes one highly talented athlete, or a team of highly talented athletes, a winner and separates them from the ones that finish behind them.

Kreider does indeed have a problem with his game right now. In saying that, I am in no way saying that he is no longer a keeper on this team. I am saying that he needs to do what he is good at. What he has been doing for game after game lately is not very much good at all.
Simple fact, everybody should agree on that.

Edit: and waiting for the playoffs for that to emerge is seriously one very silly way to think about it. Hopefully I misinterpreted that.

jskramer83

Nov 11, 2011
I wish we still had some of the old threads of people talking about his game when he was at BC. It is almost identical, he either stands out completely or is no where to be found.

arunnair87

Aug 12, 2009
I think Kreider's production is good. It allows us to not overpay him and if he comes alive in the playoffs, everyone wins :)

lucky13

Iron Chic
Sep 17, 2006
Ridgewood, NY
Right, but is that not exactly what the argument is? Not to be a smartass, but we always hear about consistency. Consistency is what makes one highly talented athlete, or a team of highly talented athletes, a winner and separates them from the ones that finish behind them.

Kreider does indeed have a problem with his game right now. In saying that, I am in no way saying that he is no longer a keeper on this team. I am saying that he needs to do what he is good at. What he has been doing for game after game lately is not very much good at all.
Simple fact, everybody should agree on that.

Edit: and waiting for the playoffs for that to emerge is seriously one very silly way to think about it. Hopefully I misinterpreted that.

I'm pretty sure we agree.... All I'm really getting at is that he's 23 not 27 ..... At his age learning to be consistent is a process still.... If he's still showing major problems with it a few years from now id be more worried...but at that point hed more then likely be locked up to a deal that pays him as an inconsistent PF .... A 2nd- 3rd line tweener... Which in the grand scheme of things isnt so bad for a 19th pick

RempireStateBuilding

Dec 13, 2009
NY
I feel like CK is too smart outside of hockey to not "get it." He's not oblivious or stupid and I'm sure he's been talked to and is receptive to the staff's input on his game. Like people are saying he's still young and has plenty of time to develop another gear/level of consistency or the ability to shift his play to being more physical when he's snakebit. I feel like the latter (shifting his play to physicality while not hurting the team by taking excessive penalties) is what is really going to round out his game, as well as being the longest trait to develop.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad