Chris Kreider

Status
Not open for further replies.

RiceCooker

"We Got Some Looks"
Mar 6, 2007
Home !!
I don't know if he's hurt or it's in his head but he hasn't been the same player the last month or so...I miss all the breakaways he shoots wide on.

Leetch66

Jan 8, 2007
PEI Canada
Tremendous tools--------------- say tremendous tool. speed. And why would you take on a huge project with your 1st round draft pick?

LMAO....I have been around here for a bit now and have followed the Rangers for 40 years....I know a thing or two . This post sure hit home with that last comment .

"And why would you take on a huge project with your 1st round draft pick ? "

I'd call that almost as the post of the year so far . Pretty well sums up Ranger 1st round picks forever....:handclap::handclap::handclap:

Brooklyn Ranger

Feb 27, 2002
Brooklyn, of course
Being engaged in the game is not really a growing pain - it should be standard.

Not even Messier came into the league fully formed! He needed time to become what he did become. Not comparing Messier to Kreider--just reminding people that even players with talent and ability don't necessarily develop into the players they become right away. It can take several years. Kreider hasn't even played a full two seasons yet.

Leetch66

Jan 8, 2007
PEI Canada
If he can learn to hit properly and clean he will get much more time and space to make some plays with the puck . The key to develop him though is to get him hitting and punishing guys on every shift...the goals will come .

Somebody has to take him aside and tell him just what he has at stake and that is Millions of $$$$$ ....sky is unlimited....but first he has to get down and dirty . He starts hitting and he will then have to answer the bell and drop the gloves a few times....is he ready for that stuff....physically yes....mentally....I don't see it there and sometimes you just can't teach that to some people . Trust me...I want him to succeed as much as anyone does . :)

Jim Morrison

Aug 4, 2009
I'm confident Chris Kreider will find his game. Albeit in the next season. At best later in this one.

eco's bones

Jul 21, 2005
Elmira NY
Pretty good handskills------------ Your kidding right? He has zero handskills. Zilch

And to the person who just commented that he is only making 2.5 million so we are getting a bargain. Was he not supposed to be like the next great player/ Some people said he was gonna be the next messier. He was our 1st pick and suppose to be a can not miss golden goose prospect.

Your first few posts are like Kreider's first couple games in the NHL right out of college. Clueless but full of potential. You could be a star at HF.

bl02

Jan 13, 2014
Was his collision with hagelin serious? Anyone know what kind of injury he sustained?

ReggieDunlop68

hey hanrahan!
Oct 4, 2008
It’s a rebuild.
I don't know if it's the floating issue professionals said he had prior to his draft year or if it's every other scenario people can dream of, but something is going on with CK.

chosen

Aug 2, 2005
ASPG
Not even Messier came into the league fully formed! He needed time to become what he did become. Not comparing Messier to Kreider--just reminding people that even players with talent and ability don't necessarily develop into the players they become right away. It can take several years. Kreider hasn't even played a full two seasons yet.

At the same age as Kreider, Messier had twice scored 100 points.

Bad point of reference.

Brooklyn Ranger

Feb 27, 2002
Brooklyn, of course
At the same age as Kreider, Messier had twice scored 100 points.

Bad point of reference.

My point had nothing to do with scoring--it had everything to do with the fact that Messier was known as immature and (among other things) not in great shape. He was a kid who didn't look like he would become the leader that he did, much less considered to one of the best players who ever played the game.

Players develop at different rates. Period, end of story. Kreider hasn't finished developing yet--it doesn't matter what his age is. Plus, Messier scored 33 points in 75 games his first season, he didn't score over a 100 points until his forth full season in the NHL--and he had some of the best players in hockey history feeding him the puck. Different era, different players. That's why I said I wasn't comparing them in my original post.

Brooklyn Ranger

Feb 27, 2002
Brooklyn, of course
Just read a report that he skated as a defenseman in practice?

Whats up with that?

It means he skated as an extra in that practice....doesn't mean he won't be back in the lineup (AV wasn't at practice),

But Kreider only skated as an extra alongside healthy scratch Matt Hunwick. With associate head coach Scott Arniel running the show, the lines and defensive pairs remained the same as they were in Monday night’s 4-3 overtime win over Pittsburgh, with J.T. Miller in Kreider’s typical spot on the left wing of Derek Stepan.

Arniel did not address the media after practice. The Rangers said Arniel simply had elected to leave lines the same as they had been on Monday in Vigneault’s absence. However, Arniel did change the power play units without Vigneault there, presumably after discussing it with the head coach. One would think they had discussed the lines for practice, too, but I guess we’ll see for sure at the team’s next practice Friday in Vancouver (4 p.m. Eastern, 1 p.m. local Vancouver time).

http://www.nydailynews.com/blogs/ra...practice-miller-featured-blog-entry-1.2040944

bernmeister

Jun 11, 2010
Da Big Apple
Again, he'll be fine.

IMO, he's learning how full tilt he can go without get penalized for guys bouncing off of him, stuff like that.

HINT TO AV:
It DOESN'T help to keep CONSTANTLY experimenting different shifts.

Use the synergy thing.

Kreider w/Hayes
Miller w/2 fast Ws, Hags +

they all play better from knowing who is usually their linemates, what to expect.

chosen

Aug 2, 2005
ASPG
My point had nothing to do with scoring--it had everything to do with the fact that Messier was known as immature and (among other things) not in great shape. He was a kid who didn't look like he would become the leader that he did, much less considered to one of the best players who ever played the game.

Players develop at different rates. Period, end of story. Kreider hasn't finished developing yet--it doesn't matter what his age is. Plus, Messier scored 33 points in 75 games his first season, he didn't score over a 100 points until his forth full season in the NHL--and he had some of the best players in hockey history feeding him the puck. Different era, different players. That's why I said I wasn't comparing them in my original post.

No.

You used Messier as an example of someone who took a while to develop. Untrue.
He produced pretty quickly. Because Messier carved out a major role quickly and Kreider hasn't is in no way an argument that compliments Kreider.

You also assume that Kreider will develop. It is not a given. My guess is he will, but sometimes potential doesn't pan out.

Miller Time NYR

Oct 5, 2010
Long Beach
It means he skated as an extra in that practice....doesn't mean he won't be back in the lineup (AV wasn't at practice),

http://www.nydailynews.com/blogs/ra...practice-miller-featured-blog-entry-1.2040944
Doesnt Arniel run the powerplay, one would assume if he did he would have the power to change the lines for at least the powerplay around in practice, which I hope he intends too. I was at the game Monday and I'm sure it looked bad on TV but it looked worse in person looking at what was going on behind the play, so much confusing and the transition was horrendous from the setup. To keep it on topic if Kreiders back in on Saturday i'd like to see him in front of the net with Nash playing somewhere outside and not wasting his time trying to screen/deflect plays that don't even get set up.

Brooklyn Ranger

Feb 27, 2002
Brooklyn, of course
Doesnt Arniel run the powerplay, one would assume if he did he would have the power to change the lines for at least the powerplay around in practice, which I hope he intends too. I was at the game Monday and I'm sure it looked bad on TV but it looked worse in person looking at what was going on behind the play, so much confusing and the transition was horrendous from the setup. To keep it on topic if Kreiders back in on Saturday i'd like to see him in front of the net with Nash playing somewhere outside and not wasting his time trying to screen/deflect plays that don't even get set up.

It's hard to tell right now, but I doubt Arniel went rogue and didn't have a discussion with AV about what he should do in practice. I think we'll have a much better idea who's in and who's out after practice tomorrow. And yes, according to Leonard's blog, the power play looked a little different--Miller was on the 2nd unit (and continued to skate in Kreider's spot at even strength). I think it's very possible Kreider sits for a game or two.

TheTakedown

Puck is Life
Jul 11, 2012
It's hard to tell right now, but I doubt Arniel went rogue and didn't have a discussion with AV about what he should do in practice. I think we'll have a much better idea who's in and who's out after practice tomorrow. And yes, according to Leonard's blog, the power play looked a little different--Miller was on the 2nd unit (and continued to skate in Kreider's spot at even strength). I think it's very possible Kreider sits for a game or two.

Its most likely that stempniak or fast are scratched and Kreider slots in that spot....

I'd love to see Glass scratched but god forbid... I'm still wondering what offensive production AV is expecting out of him...

haveandare

Jul 2, 2009
New York
Pretty good handskills------------ Your kidding right? He has zero handskills. Zilch

And to the person who just commented that he is only making 2.5 million so we are getting a bargain. Was he not supposed to be like the next great player/ Some people said he was gonna be the next messier. He was our 1st pick and suppose to be a can not miss golden goose prospect.

18 other teams must have passed on this can't miss next messier just to be nice to the Rangers.

Seriously, are you being sincere? Nobody thought a 19th pick was a sure fire can't miss prospect. Anyone with Google can see that the draft doesn't work that way even a little bit.

SlingshotVv

arm-bar all the things
Sep 28, 2009
Colonia, NJ

To jump on haveandare's point here's all the "golden goose" #19 picks from the last decade/post lockout:

2012 - Andrei Vasilevski
2011 - Oscar Klefbom
2010 - Nick Bjugstad
2008 - Luca Sbisa
2007 - Logan Macmillan
2006 - Mark Mitera
2005 - Jakub Kindl
2004 - Lauri Korpikoski

Geeez, look at all those can't miss superstars! You're LUCKY if you get an NHL project that late in the first round outside of the absolute deepest draft years.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad