The Big Smoke (unfortunately)

Going to have to wear my Bruins #91 jersey around TO 😁

BMC

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Sep 26, 2003
The Quiet Corner
Ummmm…. So….

Forgive me if this has been asked already, but I just didn’t feel like going back and reading the last few pages.

If the Florida Panthers shit the bed tomorrow night after having a 3-0 lead in the Stanley Cup Final, will that be worse than the Bruins pissing away a 3-1 series lead in the first round to those same Panthers?

I’m asking for a friend.

Yes because this is the Cup Final. Nobody gives a damn about the first round (usually). If the Bruins hadn't had that historic regular season nobody would even remember it.

As I said in an earlier post if the Oilers pull this off it will equal the Red Sox coming back from 0-3 against the Yankees in 2004. That's how big it will be.

rfournier103

Black & Gold ‘till I’m Dead & Cold.
Sponsor
Dec 17, 2011
Massachusetts
This organization not wanting him involved is embarrassing on all levels
Getting “reacquainted” with the Celtics over the past few weeks has certainly painted quite an unflattering contrast with the Bruins. At least on the surface, it seems that the Celtics as an organization are first-class in every respect, and the Boston Bruins by comparison are a joke and an embarrassment.

MarchysNoseKnows

Big Hat No Cattle
Feb 14, 2018
Getting “reacquainted” with the Celtics over the past few weeks has certainly painted quite an unflattering contrast with the Bruins. At least on the surface, it seems that the Celtics as an organization are first-class in every respect, and the Boston Bruins by comparison are a joke and an embarrassment.
A joke and an embarrassment? Really?

Aussie Bruin

Sponsor
Aug 3, 2019
Victoria, Aus
Ummmm…. So….

Forgive me if this has been asked already, but I just didn’t feel like going back and reading the last few pages.

If the Florida Panthers shit the bed tomorrow night after having a 3-0 lead in the Stanley Cup Final, will that be worse than the Bruins pissing away a 3-1 series lead in the first round to those same Panthers?

I’m asking for a friend.

I'd argue worse just because the Panthers were that much closer to the ultimate prize. Therefore to lose in such a fashion now would be all the more painful. Literally one game away.

But it's a question of degree. Both are/would be horrendous.

bobbyorr04

Bruins fan 4ever
Sponsor
Apr 12, 2011
Main reason Boston went up 3-1 was Lyon was in net first 3 games.
Bob played 7 minutes in game 3 and all of game 4 (allowing 6 goals) ...so I don't buy that argument

The real issue to me was Ullmark should not have been in net after game 4....many posters here knew Ullmark was playing injured and slow to get up, so why didn't the B's coaching staff pull him after game 4 or 5??

..if they would've put Sway in net for game 6 (where Ullmark allowed 7 goals), I think the B's win that game and advance to the 2nd round

..but we'll never know now

Fenway

HF Bookie and Bruins Historian
Sponsor
Sep 26, 2007
Cambridge, MA
An amusing take from WFOR-TV in Miami

The Panthers are trying to avoid being the first American team to lose the Stanley Cup to Canada in 31 years ..........
🤔

1719223795983.png

CharasLazyWrister

Sep 8, 2008
Northborough, MA

At least on the surface, this is a tremendously stupid post. Jumping on the bandwagon of a championship team has convinced you that said team is “first class” while the team that didn’t win is “a joke and an embarrassment”. Wow. What an astute and intelligent observation.

The lack of perspective truly is a sight to behold.

Reactions: Aeroforce

Aussie Bruin

Sponsor
Aug 3, 2019
Victoria, Aus
Here we are then, winner takes all. Before the series began I predicted Florida in 7. Got the '7' right, although it probably hasn't panned out the way I expected. But will it be the Cats?

Has to be different mental approaches from the two teams. Oilers are riding the wave, and just have to keep their momentum going, playing the way they have been in the last week and believing as they have done all along that the summit of the mountain they're climbing, however steep it's been, is now within reach. Whereas Florida simply have to forget about the last few games, as hard as that may be, forget that they've blown a 3-0 lead, and treat this as just one game where it's do or die for both teams. They know they can beat Edmonton, just as they've beaten all other comers this year. The Cup is in the house, so go get it.

I'll stick with my original pick. I think Florida can steady the ship and pull out one last big effort on home ice. But what I'd prefer to see, and what is surely the bigger and more exciting story, is McDavid hoisting the Cup and the Conn Smythe (which he may well get regardless), cementing his greatness, capping the most remarkable come back, ending three decades of Canadian pain and putting the Oilers back on top of the hockey world.

For a contest featuring two teams who have no real shared history, one of which is very much in a non-hockey market, this has turned out to be quite a series and a solid win for the NHL in terms of drawing wider interest. Looking forward to seeing how it ends!

goldenblack

Apr 15, 2024
You don't win playing scared. We've seen our guys play scared in the last decade and we know what it does.

Florida is playing scared on another level tonight. I can't wait to watch Edmonton hoist that cup.

Reactions: Roll 4 Lines

CharasLazyWrister

Sep 8, 2008
Northborough, MA
Im sure there a plenty of real Panther fans that will be heart broken if they lose, Just as the arrogant Canadian media will be crying on their mics if the panthers win.

Haven't watched a single game but I will be tuning in to see the drama unfold.

Not sure if it’s what you’re implying, but I certainly wasn’t aiming to take a shot at Panther fans.

Can’t wait for the game. I can’t identify another time in my life I was this excited for a sporting event involving two teams of which I am not a fan.

4ORRBRUIN

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Sep 27, 2005
boston
Not sure if it’s what you’re implying, but I certainly wasn’t aiming to take a shot at Panther fans.

Can’t wait for the game. I can’t identify another time in my life I was this excited for a sporting event involving two teams of which I am not a fan.
No I totally agree with you,

My take is I feel for the Florida hockey fans Im sure there are many. I would love to see them win to see how many people show up at their rally/parade

TP70BruinsCup

Let’s Go Bruins👏🏻👏🏻👏🏻
Nov 16, 2019
North of Leafland
To beat Florida you have to play with the lead. If Edmonton goes up 2-0 it’s game over. If Florida gets and early lead then I think they pull this off. What more could you ask for in game 7 for the Cup, with all the drama of a 3-0 lead blown or a 0-3 comeback depending on how you look at it. I hope Edmonton pulls it off. Biggest concern I think for them tonight will be the ice. I’m sure it will be garbage which hurts their speed. But, they won game 5 there so anything can happen. Enjoy the game everyone as it’s sooooooooooooooo much easier to watch when you don’t have a dog in the fight which makes your stress level mega low.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad