NHL 2023-2024 Out of Town: THE SUNRISE KITTENS HAVE WON THE STANLEY CUP

• Xenforo Cloud has scheduled an upgrade to XenForo version 2.2.16. This will take place on or shortly after the following date and time: Jul 05, 2024 at 05:00 PM (PT) There shouldn't be any downtime, as it's just a maintenance release. More info here

Ladyfan

Miss Bergy, Savvy Quaider and Looch
Sponsor
Jun 8, 2007
next to the bench
It's all over but the crying for the panthers

..all the pressure is on the cats, and all the momentum is with the Oilers

Even though I haven't watched more than 10 minutes of this series, Edmonton has figured out how to beat them

...and will finish them off on Monday
I hope you are right

1719078983488.png

bobbyorr04

Bruins fan 4ever
Sponsor
Apr 12, 2011
Bruins were not winning Cup last year with Bergeron trying to play with a herniated disc
and whatever was wrong with McAvoy.
The B's were playing great without Bergy in the lineup against Florida last year

Monty screwed up by bringing him back with all the momentum for the Bruins up 3 games to 1
..and leaving an injured Ullmark in net for games 5 and 6 was another bad decision

Sometimes it's the things you don't do that bring success.......or disaster

EverettMike

FIRE DON SWEENEY INTO THE SUN
Mar 7, 2009
Everett, MA
twitter.com
It's not just that the Oilers have come back from three-zip in the Final, it's that they went from looking completely overmatched to completely dominating. It's legit one of the craziest things I've ever seen, as though the two teams switched uniforms after game 3.

Florida really seems to have no answer to Edmonton's game 4 adjustments.

CHRDANHUTCH

Mar 4, 2002
Auburn, Maine
Paul Maurice not only never winning a Cup, with 1800+ games coached, but also losing B2B finals and blowing a 3-0 lead in the latter would be the best thing.

I cannot stand that smug douche of a coach.
when is he resigning from Florida..... didn't he quit on both Carolina and Winnipeg

SPLBRUIN

Mar 21, 2010
If I was Florida I would go to a hard trap like the Leafs employed against Boston late in our series. It would greatly cut down on scoring chances for both teams, but I would trust Bob over Skinner in a game 7.

Dennis Bonvie

Dec 29, 2007
Connecticut
If Florida completes this epic collapse that'll take the '78 and '79 Bruins off the books as the last team to lose in the Finals in back-to-back seasons.

So that's nice. :DD

Odd what some posters find significant.

That was '77 and '78, by the way.

It's not like 1977 and 1978 didn't happen now.

lextune

I'm too old for this.
Jun 9, 2008
New Hampshire
Odd what some posters find significant.

That was '77 and '78, by the way.

It's not like 1977 and 1978 didn't happen now.
Ahh, it was, thanks for the correction, it all seems not so long ago to me, and blends together.

And it's not all that significant, just fun trivia, anything to soften the blow of having to see the Oilers win another Cup, lol.

Last edited:
Reactions: Dennis Bonvie

caz16

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Jun 11, 2011
Ontario
McDavid is the best player in the world, I want to see him win a Cup. I remember his face when Edmonton won the lottery. He deserves to raise the Cup, sooner rather than later. To do it while breaking some of Gretzky's records along the way, with the historic collapse by the Panthers as a bonus......please Hockey Gods, make it happen.

I don't give a s**t that Kane is on the team BTW. There are a lot of a**holes with rings.

Ladyfan

Miss Bergy, Savvy Quaider and Looch
Sponsor
Jun 8, 2007
next to the bench
McDavid is the best player in the world, I want to see him win a Cup. I remember his face when Edmonton won the lottery. He deserves to raise the Cup, sooner rather than later. To do it while breaking some of Gretzky's records along the way, with the historic collapse by the Panthers as a bonus......please Hockey Gods, make it happen.

I don't give a s**t that Kane is on the team BTW. There are a lot of a**holes with rings.
cooke comes to mind

Dennis Bonvie

Dec 29, 2007
Connecticut

Many played for the Oilers.

lextune

I'm too old for this.
Jun 9, 2008
New Hampshire
McDavid is a truly incredible player. The most dominant performer since Mario. Breaking 99's assists record for a single playoff year is absolutely ridiculous.

There are lots of ways to describe his greatness, but for this long time hockey fan the defining quality of his play is his ability to do everything at top speed.

He's also on a short list of the greatest skaters I've ever seen. His combination of speed, quickness, and agility is staggering.

It's as if he's a blend of Orr, Coffey, and Fedorov.

Even if Florida somehow manages to win game 7, I don't see how the Conn Smythe could go to anyone else.

NeelyDan

Spot-Picker
Sponsor
Jun 28, 2010
Dundas, Ontario
McDavid is a truly incredible player. The most dominant performer since Mario. Breaking 99's assists record for a single playoff year is absolutely ridiculous.

There are lots of ways to describe his greatness, but for this long time hockey fan the defining quality of his play is his ability to do everything at top speed.

He's also on a short list of the greatest skaters I've ever seen. His combination of speed, quickness, and agility is staggering.

It's as if he's a blend of Orr, Coffey, and Fedorov.

Even if Florida somehow manages to win game 7, I don't see how the Conn Smythe could go to anyone else.

This is why it’s hilarious to me when people say things like “never been a McDavid guy” - well then, sparky, you’re not a hockey guy lol

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad