Rumor: Chris Johnston: Leafs will land 2 of the top D men available.

• PLEASE check any bookmark on all devices. IF you see a link pointing to mandatory.com DELETE it Please use this URL https://forums.hfboards.com/

nbwingsfan

Dec 13, 2009
On the Chris Johnston show, CJ straight up said the Leafs WILL land 2 of the top D men available.

He did say one of them probably comes via trade which is interesting because we haven't really heard much in terms of which D men are on the trade market this summer.

There was talk of Parayko being available at the deadline and the Leafs were the main team talked about.

Now that Berube is coach I wonder if that gets revisited.

There are also heavy rumours of them being in on Pesce.

Maybe make the godfather offer to him.

Sounds like Brad is cooking
Anyone can be a “top D man” according to the media if they play for the Leafs

Ace

Oct 29, 2015
IMG_0936.gif

General Fanager

Feb 2, 2010
Chambly, Qc
Mikyehev admitted after he signed in Vancouver that he knew he was going to Vancouver a month before he signed in Vancouver.

How do you think he knew that?

There was a trade request and then near the end of the season The Leafs made his rights available. Its possible that The Leafs let him know The Canucks were into him.

So the Leafs are going to sign Pesce AND Montour to horrible contracts?

Nope, they will both use The Leafs to get a US team to pay more.....

what if... what if they say no?
you know how this works. Every player secretly wants to be a Leaf and will sign for less.....:help:

Reactions: vcanuck

trick9

Jun 2, 2013
I wouldn't be surprised, to be honest. They have the cap space and it's been an obvious hole throughout this core era. The era is about to come to an end at some point so i can see them going all-in to go for it before the wheels start to fall off. They might be willing to hand out those long contracts that free agents want, even if they end up being bad on the back-end.

CanadienShark

Dec 18, 2012
So you do believe that multi million dollar contracts that are signed 15 minutes after free agency opens actually take 15 minutes to put together.

As I have several bridges in Japan to sell you
I, for one, would like to hear more about these bridges. The Yen is down right now and I think it could be a solid real estate type investment. Please go on. Are they stone? Wood? What sort of area are they in? Are there good schools and shops nearby?

Reactions: General Fanager

GCK

Oct 15, 2018
I think the leafs will get Pesce and a lower end D. I think Montour stays with the Panthers. If Dallas lets Tanev go to market Ottawa will make a push but I could see him in Toronto at 4-4.5M. So about 13M for the leafs to really upgrade their D.

LEAFANFORLIFE23

Jun 17, 2010
I think the leafs will get Pesce and a lower end D. I think Montour stays with the Panthers. If Dallas lets Tanev go to market Ottawa will make a push but I could see him in Toronto at 4-4.5M. So about 13M for the leafs to really upgrade their D.

If the Leafs ended up with Pesce and Tanev that would do A LOT for their defense.

Lebrun did a segment with Jay onrait a few days ago, he said he believes Florida will keep Reinhart and lose Montour.

Dion TheFluff

Jun 22, 2015
we shall see but I am looking forward to a potential change and rebalance of the roster. Hopefully we can get someone to takeover the #1 PP duties for Rielly

Skolman

Feb 16, 2018
Manitoba
2 forwards, 3 D, 1 goalie.

6 players
Yet, Bertuzzi, Domi, Robertson, Dewar, and Gregor aren't signed upfront.

Reaves won't be a regular next season if I had to bet.

How exactly do you only need 2 forwards when there's 5 forwards who are unsigned that all played 55+ games last season?

You still need to have players in the press box

Legion34

Jan 24, 2006
There was a trade request and then near the end of the season The Leafs made his rights available. Its possible that The Leafs let him know The Canucks were into him.

Nope, they will both use The Leafs to get a US team to pay more.....

you know how this works. Every player secretly wants to be a Leaf and will sign for less.....:help:

Huh?
If the leafs made his rights available. And he then agreed to a contract with the team….. why would the leafs not get a pick/return.

What’s the point of making rights available, if the team just agrees with the player and waits to ufa?

Also I’m pretty sure that the Amazon series showed he clearly asked for a trade and the leafs said no.

I don’t think mikeheyev is the kind of asset that is generally made available right before the ufa deadline.

mydnyte

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Sep 8, 2004
They have about 1/3 of the team to sign with about 1/4 of the cap remaining.
actually its only 3 RFA's to resign (worth resigning), and a backup goalie that are the only outstanding signings 'needed' other than defense.

a top 2 F would be nice, but isnt needed, and bottom 6ers are always available cheap, or the Leafs can finally inject some youth again.

LEAFANFORLIFE23

Jun 17, 2010
Yet, Bertuzzi, Domi, Robertson, Dewar, and Gregor aren't signed upfront.

Reaves won't be a regular next season if I had to bet.

How exactly do you only need 2 forwards when there's 5 forwards who are unsigned that all played 55+ games last season?

You still need to have players in the press box

Robertson and Dewar are part of the 10 forwards due to RFA status

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad