TSN: Chris Johnston: at this point It's expected Jacob Chychrun will be moved

• PLEASE check any bookmark on all devices. IF you see a link pointing to mandatory.com DELETE it Please use this URL https://forums.hfboards.com/

easton117

Nov 11, 2017
Wasn't there a reported team that met the Coyotes' request over a month ago?
I thought I had read that too. Might be regretting not taking it now if he’s out long term.

Still seems odd to me he’s on the block in the first place. They should be building around him and Keller. Not moving them

Reactions: Nikolajs Sillers

rt

Clean Hits on Substack
Wasn't there a reported team that met the Coyotes' request over a month ago?
Only that they “technically” met it. Call that Tippett (young roster player with former top prospect pedigree), Denisenko/Samoskevich (a “top” prospect with former 1st round pedigree) and a 1st (albeit super late and not until 2023).

Sure, that “technically” meets the price, but it also sucks for Arizona and they’d never do it (I hope) because it’s a huge ripoff. But all three are legitimate assets that “technically” qualify.

Reactions: Nowotny and MaWa

Setec Astronomy

Jun 15, 2012
Devils GM was at the Yotes-Bruins game along with a scout. Possible they were looking at DeBrusk, although I imagine their first rounder, likely top 8 will be in play for someone. That pick would be pretty valuable to the Arizona. They’d have four first rounders, two of which will be in the top ten. In the meantime, they’ll be in play for Michov or Bedard next year.

Big Daddy Cane

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Feb 8, 2010
Western PA
Marek may have been fed the "Brent Burns deal" not for expected value returned, but structure. A roster player plays right away (Setoguchi). A prospect is closer to playing in the organization at some level than a typical draft pick. The draft pick rounds it out. Something for now, something for soon and something for later. A lot of teams can make a deal like this and I assume the offer in question reflects that.

The Mike Richards deal was also the Brent Burns deal in structure. Roster player (Simmonds), prospect (Schenn) and pick (2nd). The value was drastically different as Schenn was a legit leaguewide elite prospect at the time. No team may be able to afford or willing to give up that type of value.

WhalerTurnedBruin55

Fading out, thanks for the times.
Oct 31, 2008
I thought I had read that too. Might be regretting not taking it now if he’s out long term.

Still seems odd to me he’s on the block in the first place. They should be building around him and Keller. Not moving them
The fortunate thing is that he isn't a UFA, so if they don't move him now, they can move him again another year.

Reactions: easton117

rt

Clean Hits on Substack
Devils GM was at the Yotes-Bruins game along with a scout. Possible they were looking at DeBrusk, although I imagine their first rounder, likely top 8 will be in play for someone. That pick would be pretty valuable to the Arizona. They’d have four first rounders, two of which will be in the top ten. In the meantime, they’ll be in play for Michov or Bedard next year.
I suspect a package with a 6th to 10th overall pick as a centerpiece would be very appealing to the Coyotes.

I’ve read a lot of Andre Tourigny quotes that sing the praises of Okhotyuk and Bahl, as well.

Plus Stillman is one of his assistant coaches, so I expect bringing his son into the fold would be appealing, as well.

Bill Armstrong was based out of Providence for most of his career. John Ferguson Jr has been a big Providence presence for a long time, too. So I expect Moynihan and Tyce Thompson are well known to both. Armstrong drafted Tyce Thompson’s brother Tage in the 1st round, back when he was top scout in St Louis. Tyce and Tage live in Phoenix in the off-season, if I recall correctly.

Yotes top scout Darryl Plandowski was top scout in Tampa for years. Including when they took Foote in round 1 in 2019. So again, another tie to Yotes brass.

Not saying that’s that the package, just mentioning various pieces that could conceivably be logical fits.

Last edited:
Reactions: Heldig

WhiskeyYerTheDevils

yer leadin me astray
Sponsor
Apr 27, 2005
Devils need a D like Chychrun.

Zacha + Holtz + 1st should be enough to get the deal done but I'm not sure I'd want to pay that price.

Roomba With a Bauer

Sep 11, 2007
I would still offer Detroit's first, unprotected, Zadina, and their 2022 second. I would also add in Elmer Soderblom, who is a physical freak of nature and currently sits at 23 goals as a 20 year old in the SHL.

That would give Arizona two more picks in the top 40 and another shot at a top-2 pick.

I'm willing to give up a 2% chance of a top-2 pick for a guy who could actually handle himself on the top pair of a defense.

Reactions: WingsToPick4th

rt

Clean Hits on Substack
I would still offer Detroit's first, unprotected, Zadina, and their 2022 second. I would also add in Elmer Soderblom, who is a physical freak of nature and currently sits at 23 goals as a 20 year old in the SHL.

That would give Arizona two more picks in the top 40 and another shot at a top-2 pick.

I'm willing to give up a 2% chance of a top-2 pick for a guy who could actually handle himself on the top pair of a defense.
That’s an appealing offer for sure. Assuming you mean the 2022 1st.

Mick Riddleton

Boomer : This, gentlemen, is no time to think.
Apr 24, 2017
He is not worth the package they are looking for, good player but the expectations are not going to be meet. Bring it down just a little bit and a deal will be made.

Forge

Blissfully Mediocre
Jul 4, 2018
Vincent Clortho School for wizards

Could have been for someone like Vejmelka.

As good as Chychrun is, it would seem so weird for the Devils to spend considerable assets on an LHD.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad