TSN: Chris Johnston: at this point It's expected Jacob Chychrun will be moved

• PLEASE check any bookmark on all devices. IF you see a link pointing to mandatory.com DELETE it Please use this URL https://forums.hfboards.com/

violaswallet

Apr 8, 2019
Only that they “technically” met it. Call that Tippett (young roster player with former top prospect pedigree), Denisenko/Samoskevich (a “top” prospect with former 1st round pedigree) and a 1st (albeit super late and not until 2023).

Sure, that “technically” meets the price, but it also sucks for Arizona and they’d never do it (I hope) because it’s a huge ripoff. But all three are legitimate assets that “technically” qualify.
Was it confirmed that the offer was Florida btw? This makes the most sense: meeting the off explicitly but probably not the best

Roomba With a Bauer

Sep 11, 2007
I suspect that would make Yotes brass stop and think.
The best the Wings can do is only like a 5% shot at the top pick, so don't get too excited.

I would contemplate making part of the trade conditional, so that if the Wings win the lottery, Soderblom and Zadina fall out of the deal. That would be interesting. It would be Chychrun for 1OA and a second.

Chychrun's injury might change the math, though.

Buck Dancer

Jul 13, 2021
If the Devils are in on Chychrun, it'll happen this summer because if Slafkovsky or Jiricek are still on the board, I don't see them moving their pick for a guy that plays a position we're loaded at.

L. Hughes is already a lock to be a part of our top #4 in the non too distant future and Siegenthaler is our best shutdown dman, so he'd get relegated to the 3rd pairing. We have Hamilton as our #1 on the right side and a bunch of question marks after that in Severson who's a pending UFA next summer and PK, who's not coming back next year.

WTFMAN99

Jun 17, 2009
Did you catch the play? It happens.

Not discounting that fluke injuries happen but the guy has never been able to complete a season;

1647270800009.png

Reactions: kinghock

rt

Clean Hits on Substack
Not discounting that fluke injuries happen but the guy has never been able to complete a season;

View attachment 515279
I know we've moved on, and all, but there was a pretty big thing that happened across the planet over the last couple of years. Displaying a raw count, year over year, to eyes accustomed to seeing numbers closer to 82 strikes me a touch disingenuous, honestly.

He's had some bad luck with injuries and illness. I don't believe he's got some genetic predisposition to weakening ligaments or bones. He's okay.

You can stop chalking it up to misfortune when you start seeing specific health issues referred to as chronic or degenerative. When a player injures and re-injures the same area over and over again, that's concerning. Think Marke Svatos' (RIP) shoulder or guys witch concussion issues. When a player like Antti Raanta can't ever seem to be in the line-up because he's constantly held out by very minor injuries, that's also concerning. Chychrun has had several major injuries related to specific hockey plays, that caused damage requiring surgical repair to different areas of his body. One-offs. And also COVID. It's not the same. Unless you believe in curses or voodoo.

Boxscore

Sponsor
Jan 22, 2007
How bad is Chychrun's injury? If a trade was imminent, why even play him? This is the risk of waiting and waiting and waiting to make a trade.

Ledge And Dairy

How bad is Chychrun's injury? If a trade was imminent, why even play him? This is the risk of waiting and waiting and waiting to make a trade.
While it's not irrelevant he is not a rental and you aren't moving much in terms of roster player to acquire here. The injury won't have that much effect on trade negotiations, if it's something as serious as season ending talks will just die until the summer then pick up again

JasonDemersWasOkay

F Utah and anyone who roots for them
Nov 14, 2018
Likely closer to the former than the latter. In Chychrun's previous injuries, he usually ends up returning faster than expected. I'm thinking teams will still be looking to add him at the deadline.

bsu

"I have no idea what I am doing" -Pat VerBleak
Sep 27, 2017
Injury sucks... bad timing.

gstommylee

Jan 31, 2012
Nah. He's not a rental and this ain't a long term injury. 4 weeks means shit all when he's under contract for a few more years

He's not getting what the yotes think they'll get out of him and this isn't helping. An injury will still somewhat hurt the value even if he ends up being traded anyways.

JKG33

Leafs & Kings
Oct 31, 2009
Winnipeg
He's not getting what the yotes think they'll get out of him and this isn't helping. An injury will still somewhat hurt the value even if he ends up being traded anyways.
He's a legit top pairing d, young, and signed for a few more years at a great AAV. He's the most valuable asset on the trade market in a long time.

Sure there have been better players, but those have been guys in their UFA years or Eichel who had a massive AAV which limited teams. 90% of the league should be interested in Chychrun

Aug 3, 2010
He's a legit top pairing d, young, and signed for a few more years at a great AAV. He's the most valuable asset on the trade market in a long time.

Sure there have been better players, but those have been guys in their UFA years or Eichel who had a massive AAV which limited teams. 90% of the league should be interested in Chychrun
IDK, even if that's true I think he will return less than expected value.

gstommylee

Jan 31, 2012

90% of the league? so 29 teams would suddenly give-in what arizona is asking for just for him? I don't think so...

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad