TSN: Chris Johnston: at this point It's expected Jacob Chychrun will be moved

• PLEASE check any bookmark on all devices. IF you see a link pointing to mandatory.com DELETE it Please use this URL https://forums.hfboards.com/

Number8

Oct 31, 2007
Chychrun has averaged 58GP over his first 5 seasons. With latest news best case scenario is he’ll be in that range again. Highest GP is 68 in his rookie season. This news has to hurt his value since its another LBI.

Reactions: kinghock

Boxscore

Sponsor
Jan 22, 2007
The Yotes knew they were going to trade this dude, why play him? Just make a damn trade already. This could come back to bite them -- we'll see.

Reactions: Number8

Boxscore

Sponsor
Jan 22, 2007
Chychrun has averaged 58GP over his first 5 seasons. With latest news best case scenario is he’ll be in that range again. Highest GP is 68 in his rookie season. This news has to hurt his value since its another LBI.
I agree. This certainly doesn't "help" his trade value. Another season where he's going to miss a chunk of games. The Flyers are doing the same thing with Giroux -- just trade these guys already.

Reactions: Number8

TGWL

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Jul 28, 2011
Don't see him being traded unless it's a top team entering playoffs. Lots of west teams still fighting for their spot, trading for a player who might be out longer than expected won't help you win those games. I think we'll see it more of an offseason move now, unless some non-playoff teams want the jump on him and figure they can make a deal to grab him before the top teams gun for him in the offseason.

Petes2424

Aug 4, 2005
Unfortunately with the term remaining on JC’s deal, they’ve almost backed themselves into a corner on this one.

If they don’t move him, these last 3 months will have a lingering effect over the term of his contract. There will be 100 JC threads on here until he’s ultimately moved.

If they don’t move him, they almost have to hold a presser to announce he will not be traded and they’re moving forward. Even with that, it won’t stop the rumor mongers.

Hopefully Arizona has, or is close to having this deal done. If not, it could end up pretty messy the longer it goes.

TotalHomer

Jan 3, 2022
Can't see teams upping their offer at this point, the injuries are a real concern and this one happened at a bad time. Would be smart to hold on to him for another year and trade next year before he gets injured again :D

Big Daddy Cane

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Feb 8, 2010
Western PA

Framing it like this is a bit deceiving. 38 games he missed during the pandemic seasons weren't played.

mouser

Business of Hockey
Jul 13, 2006
South Mountain
Unfortunately with the term remaining on JC’s deal, they’ve almost backed themselves into a corner on this one.

If they don’t move him, these last 3 months will have a lingering effect over the term of his contract. There will be 100 JC threads on here until he’s ultimately moved.

If they don’t move him, they almost have to hold a presser to announce he will not be traded and they’re moving forward. Even with that, it won’t stop the rumor mongers.

Hopefully Arizona has, or is close to having this deal done. If not, it could end up pretty messy the longer it goes.

Oh the Horror!

I can't imagine how the Coyotes or Chychrun can possibly survive a a hundred HFB threads with fans of other teams slavering over how cheaply they can trade for Chychrun.

Number8

Oct 31, 2007
Framing it like this is a bit deceiving. 38 games he missed during the pandemic seasons weren't played.
Fair point, that was a big miss on my part.

The trend is the trend though: Chychrun has had trouble playing anything close to full seasons and this latest LBI does nothing to change that.

His GP since his rookie season: 68, 50, 53, 63, 56, 47 (to date with a 2-4 week LBI).

Good catch on the COVID season but it doesn't change the fact that he's not a guy that, so far, you can count on to stay in the lineup. And that, combined with this latest injury, simply has to make GM's at least think about it from a different (maybe lower offer) angle.

The Winter Soldier

Apr 4, 2011
Barring a massive overpayment. I have no idea why Arizona would be willing to move a young 23 year old D man they have developed who has become a solid top pairing D man for a young team rebuilding. This is the type of player you add, not trade.

david999

Jan 21, 2011
Maybe they are moving him because JC doesn’t want to be part of a team with a scorched earth policy, having to play home games at a college campus.

bsu

"I have no idea what I am doing" -Pat VerBleak
Sep 27, 2017
I hope all these King fans keep that same energy once they trade for him that "he sucks and not worth it...."

I for one as a Ducks fan would love to acquire him.

Reactions: JKG33

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad