TSN: Chris Johnston: at this point It's expected Jacob Chychrun will be moved

• PLEASE check any bookmark on all devices. IF you see a link pointing to mandatory.com DELETE it Please use this URL https://forums.hfboards.com/

Spring in Fialta

A malign star kept him
Apr 1, 2007
Montreal, QC
I don't know, he will be 26/27 and there could very well be huge incentives to playing with a couple potential budding superstars.

That isn't really the point though, it's more deciding to move him now because of what might happen in three years is strange. The return they get likely won't ever be as valuable as he is either, unless they hit multiple jackpots with whatever picks they get.

Teams should keep great players until it absolutely no longer makes sense to. This...doesn't seem like that sort of case?

I agree with you a 1000%. 'Cash in on him instead of in three years when he'll be UFA' is something that can only be dreamed up on HF.

Reactions: PainForShane

JKG33

Leafs & Kings
Oct 31, 2009
Winnipeg
I've been liking Anaheim as a trade partner lately. Some combination of Dostal, Zellweger, Comtois, 1st. Maybe Perreault.

Maybe I'm just not as well versed on Anaheim's prospects, but other than Comtois those players seem rather underwhelming. Plus isn't Comtois a little old for the Coyotes, if they're moving Chychrun for that reason?

I will admit I like Dostal's potential, but I'd prefer Hofer especially if he comes with Neighbours and a 1st

JTRAIN1966

Jul 18, 2012
Imperial, Mo.
Knight+Samoskevich+1st
Faber+Vilardi+1st
Lysell+Lohrei+1st
Neighbours+Bolduc+1st
Jarvis+Nikishin+1st
Zellweger+Perreault+1st

If the Blues pick him up it's probably going to be......Husso, Perunovich, Scandella, & a 1st.

If they pickup another goaltender......watch for that !

Scintillating10

Jun 15, 2012
Nova Scotia
Very interesting idea.

Once we remove Chychrun from the proposal Weber, Chiarot and CAL 1st could be a solid basis for dumping Weber’s contract. I could even see Montreal getting something like a 2nd round pick back for that package.
I doubt that. Giving up 2 first round picks and Weber contract for Chychrun I'd pretty even.

Schemp

Nov 12, 2018
Still stuck in Forum 40
The Coyotes need to keep some of their good players . They’d better get a massive return .
What most don't get is that Chychrun is on the market only because the Coyotes are currently in a rebuild. The kind of team that GMBA is building should keep Chychrun as I think the rebuild will happen relatively fast. I do not expect Chychrun to be traded until the draft as I think a team will step up then and the best asset will be who they draft.

GMBA was the head of scouting for the Blues, brought in top scouts. He could use Chychrun to target a pick at the draft and I think that is what will happen.

As for why, LD is an area of relatively strength and our skilled forwards aren't.

kilowatt

the vibes are not immaculate
Jan 1, 2009
Very interesting idea.

Once we remove Chychrun from the proposal Weber, Chiarot and CAL 1st could be a solid basis for dumping Weber’s contract. I could even see Montreal getting something like a 2nd round pick back for that package.

Imagine thinking that package could possibly even get close to Chychrun lmao

Schemp

Nov 12, 2018
Still stuck in Forum 40
The Coyotes need to keep some of their good players . They’d better get a massive return .
What most don't get is that Chychrun is on the market only because the Coyotes are currently in a rebuild. The kind of team that GMBA is building should keep Chychrun as I think the rebuild will happen relatively fast. I do not expect Chychrun to be traded until the draft as I think a team will step up then and the best asset will be who they draft.

GMBA was the head of scouting for the Blues, brought in top scouts. He could use Chychrun to target a pick at the draft and I think that is what will happen.

As for why, LD is an area of relatively strength and our skilled forwards aren't.

Number8

Oct 31, 2007
Chychrun either got pulled or hurt. Left the game against B’s after playing only 5+ minutes over two periods.

SoupNazi

Gee Wally/SoupNazi 2024
Feb 6, 2010
Chychrun either got pulled or hurt. Left the game against B’s after playing only 5+ minutes over two periods.
Reports are that he's hurt, or at least they just mentioned it during intermission on Flames - Wings.

Reactions: Number8

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad