TSN: Chris Johnston: at this point It's expected Jacob Chychrun will be moved

• PLEASE check any bookmark on all devices. IF you see a link pointing to mandatory.com DELETE it Please use this URL https://forums.hfboards.com/

JKG33

Leafs & Kings
Oct 31, 2009
Winnipeg
Pretty much has to be Knight as the center piece from Florida.

Knight/Tippett/1st?

Maybe Tippett has lost some value, but that seems like far and away the best package for Chychrun that doesn't include multiple future 1sts.

Hell Knight is easily be the best player on the other side of a Chychrun trade, which is why I highly doubt he or Lundell are moved

Sergei Shirokov

Jul 27, 2012
British Columbia
Maybe Tippett has lost some value, but that seems like far and away the best package for Chychrun that doesn't include multiple future 1sts.

Hell Knight is easily be the best player on the other side of a Chychrun trade, which is why I highly doubt he or Lundell are moved

Sure but you gotta give to get. Florida is in their window & Bobrovsky has re-established himself as a good starter.

Chychurn has 3 more years left after this one on a bargain contract. That's super valuable for FLA given they have Huberdeau & Weegar coming up due for raises. (Which they'll be able to do)

Losing Knight sucks, but they're already a contender & could really solidify a sizable window as a cup favorite by bolstering their defense. Ekblad/Chychurn/Weegar/Forsling is a great top 4.

If Knights the piece it takes.. I think you do it.

JKG33

Leafs & Kings
Oct 31, 2009
Winnipeg
Sure but you gotta give to get. Florida is in their window & Bobrovsky has re-established himself as a good starter.

Chychurn has 3 more years left after this one on a bargain contract. That's super valuable for FLA given they have Huberdeau & Weegar coming up due for raises. (Which they'll be able to do)

Losing Knight sucks, but they're already a contender & could really solidify a sizable window as a cup favorite by bolstering their defense. Ekblad/Chychurn/Weegar/Forsling is a great top 4.

I don't know that losing Knight for them is feasible. Bob is so expensive and bloody inconsistent. They need a quality goalie like Knight behind him on that ELC contract, plus he was their best playoff goalie last year. If he's traded and Bob starts shitting the bed again they can kiss their cup hopes goodbye, Chychrun or not.

Given Florida doesn't have their first this year, I just don't see a realistic trade that gets them Chychrun. I think they'll have to focus on a cheaper rental in a deal where Tipett is the centrepiece.

Reactions: 2020 Cup Champions

VijayPatel11

Mar 29, 2021
Sarasota, FL

Or, the team could NOT trade their top prospect for a guy in a slump this season, and instead trade for a rental defenseman for cheaper, thus filling the D spot temporarily and securing the goalie situation. Seems like the way better option to me.

JKG33

Leafs & Kings
Oct 31, 2009
Winnipeg
From what I'm seeing, LA can easily offer the best quantity of prospects. I'd happily include Byfield to get the quality up but I know I'm in the minority (alone) of Kings fans on that one.

If AZ wants quantity they go with LA, but as far as needs go and if they really want a goalie, I can't see anyone beating a St. Louis offer that includes a 1st, Neighbours, and Hofer.

unicornpig

Dec 8, 2017
From what I'm seeing, LA can easily offer the best quantity of prospects. I'd happily include Byfield to get the quality up but I know I'm in the minority (alone) of Kings fans on that one.

If AZ wants quantity they go with LA, but as far as needs go and if they really want a goalie, I can't see anyone beating a St. Louis offer that includes a 1st, Neighbours, and Hofer.
Has had 3 major surgeries has looked terrible this year and you want to give up our top prospect. You sure you're a kings fan

Reactions: KingsOfCali25

Sergei Shirokov

Jul 27, 2012
British Columbia
I don't know that losing Knight for them is feasible. Bob is so expensive and bloody inconsistent. They need a quality goalie like Knight behind him on that ELC contract, plus he was their best playoff goalie last year. If he's traded and Bob starts shitting the bed again they can kiss their cup hopes goodbye, Chychrun or not.

Given Florida doesn't have their first this year, I just don't see a realistic trade that gets them Chychrun. I think they'll have to focus on a cheaper rental in a deal where Tipett is the centrepiece.

Or, the team could NOT trade their top prospect for a guy in a slump this season, and instead trade for a rental defenseman for cheaper, thus filling the D spot temporarily and securing the goalie situation. Seems like the way better option to me.

Chychurn is a top pairing defenseman with term, your talking about adding a great core piece here.

Knight isn't exactly having a great season himself, he's not a sure thing to carry them in the playoffs. Plus the Panthers could always try to find another goalie at the deadline. And in the bigger picture if Bobrovsky doesn't work out & Knight takes the mantle, that's a 10 million dollar liability you either buyout (significant dead cap) or you spend major assets to move off. The Panthers have a serious opportunity to win the Stanley Cup here, so how you best seize the opportunity needs to be considered.

The price for a rental defenseman is still going to be high. What do you think Hampus Lindholm is going to cost you if he doesn't re-sign? Other good options include Leddy, Giordano, Manson - none are going to come cheap. Your going to have to pay premium assets for them anyways, and then they'll just walk. Sure it won't be Knight, but it'll be Tippett/future 1st/2nd/prospect(s) for 1 playoff run. Versus adding more for a better piece that'll be with you for 4 playoff runs.

I'm looking at this as a chance for Florida to become a powerhouse. Sure it requires going all-in on Bobrovsky, but they've already made that bet with the contract, & he's showing he's still a good player.

Sergei Shirokov

Jul 27, 2012
British Columbia
If I was Edmonton I'd be after him too.

Broberg or Bouchard
Another top prospect (besides Holloway)
Koskinen (cap reason)
1st

for Chychurn & a replacement goalie (Vedjmelka?)

I guess they could bring up Skinner instead of adding another goalie, but you get the idea.

Gaylord Q Tinkledink

Apr 29, 2018
Kinda glad Montreal sucks as Bergevin would still be with the team and he'd e interested on Chychrun.

Some of the offers being thrown out are high and I could easily see teams having buyers remorse by January next year.

JKG33

Leafs & Kings
Oct 31, 2009
Winnipeg
Has had 3 major surgeries has looked terrible this year and you want to give up our top prospect. You sure you're a kings fan

Just tell me that you don't watch Chychrun play. He was an absolute stud last year, and has been finding his groove again the last couple months on a terrible Arizona team.

Quite frankly, Byfield hasn't shown enough for me to believe he's the future superstar ya'll are expecting. I see a 60pt Ryan Johansen type player as his ceiling, with a good chance he doesn't even get there. I'd love to pass that risk on to another team. If he hits as a PPG 1C (doubtful), I'd still rather have the stud d man now over a possible PPG 1C 5 years from now

Jormungandr

Aug 14, 2002
Ohio

I've been liking Anaheim as a trade partner lately. Some combination of Dostal, Zellweger, Comtois, 1st. Maybe Perreault.

Headcrush19

Jul 2, 2021
If I was Edmonton I'd be after him too.

Broberg or Bouchard
Another top prospect (besides Holloway)
Koskinen (cap reason)
1st

for Chychurn & a replacement goalie (Vedjmelka?)

I guess they could bring up Skinner instead of adding another goalie, but you get the idea.
No.Coyotes have started talks to resign Veggie.

Spring in Fialta

A malign star kept him
Apr 1, 2007
Montreal, QC
I don't understand why they're trading him unless he requested a trade. It smells of things a trashcan franchise would do. He's 23 and apparently top-notch. What the hell?

Reactions: TML1990

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad