TSN: Chris Johnston: at this point It's expected Jacob Chychrun will be moved

• PLEASE check any bookmark on all devices. IF you see a link pointing to mandatory.com DELETE it Please use this URL https://forums.hfboards.com/

Headcrush19

Jul 2, 2021
For those interested, he’s got 11pts in 13gp since 2/1 and is a +8. Seems like once he got his legs under him after the injury, he’s been a man on a mission.
He's been great!If Armstrong doesn't get his asking price met,he stays in Arizona.Our G.M is Armstrong not Ken Holland lol

Reactions: PainForShane

Mike Jones

Apr 12, 2007
Calgary
I have no idea why Arizona is trying to trade Chychrun but if I'm Seattle, I'm all in on this. They could really use a stud young player to get the fanbase excited.
They have Beniers (2nd overall in the '21 draft) and the players they are going to choose with their lottery first round picks in the '22 and '23 drafts.

That's three studs right there.

57special

Posting the right way since 2012.
Sep 5, 2012
MN
Could someone give a scouting report on Chychrun?
Is he responsible in his own zone? Is he physical in front of his net? Is he able to carry the puck through two zones?
Thanking you in advance.
He's got a big body, but isn't overly physical, or defensively inclined. He is a talented offensive Dman having a down year. Anyone getting him would be betting that he returns to form as a 40-50 pt Dman just entering his prime who can really handle the puck and work a PP(except this year). His young age, and low cap hit, long term contract, are also big bonuses.

Reactions: Clark Kellogg

Kingspiracy

Nov 13, 2006
To LA: Chychrun

To Arizona: Turcotte, Bjornfot, 1st, Athanasiou. Add another 2nd or one of the Kings' many B-grade prospects.

Too rich for me.

I'd like to add Chychrun but dont want to lose Bjornfot, Id rather move more of a futures based offer

JTeller97

Dec 25, 2020
To LA: Chychrun

To Arizona: Turcotte, Bjornfot, 1st, Athanasiou. Add another 2nd or one of the Kings' many B-grade prospects.
Steep price but I'd probably do it as a Kings fan... I'm probably in the minority.

Anderson-Doughty
Chychrun-Roy
Edler-Durzi

Is a very nice D core. Then you have Clarke, Faber, Spence, and Grans also in the pipeline.

bernmeister

Jun 11, 2010
Da Big Apple
Just said on insider trading Jacob Chychrun is expected to be moved before the deadline.

Somebody is paying a BIG price

Rangers reasonably overpay IF it can be in currency that works for them AND 'yotes max half retain, which is doable on a short contract already at a reasonable #; this is nec due to NYR upcoming cap crunch.

Lindgren
Jones
2 nyr 1sts
Strome at half
Georgiev

for

Chych at half + AZ 2022 + 2023 3rds

NY goes youth for youth
D will be
Chych - Fox
KAM - Trouba
Nils L - Schneider
when Trouba can be moved, Schneid up to 2RD, Nils to 3RD, Robertson to 3LD

Chych at half would be slightly less than Lindgren's 3 x 3 per

NY should replace Strome internally

Tmart335

Aug 19, 2018

not sure why all the hype on chychurn. Would I like him as a leaf ? Yes

he had a high of 26 points his first 4 years. Sandin has 15 his first year and it’s not over.

knies looks like a promising prospect. Invited to the olympics. Plus another first?

leafs should just stay the course here and develop their own on cheap contracts

LEAFANFORLIFE23

Jun 17, 2010
Rangers reasonably overpay IF it can be in currency that works for them AND 'yotes max half retain, which is doable on a short contract already at a reasonable #; this is nec due to NYR upcoming cap crunch.

Lindgren
Jones
2 nyr 1sts
Strome at half
Georgiev

for

NY goes youth for youth
D will be
Chych - Fox
KAM - Trouba
Nils L - Schneider

Yotes aren't retaining they have to retain on Kessel and are already retaining on OEL

Ledge And Dairy

He's got a big body, but isn't overly physical, or defensively inclined. He is a talented offensive Dman having a down year. Anyone getting him would be betting that he returns to form as a 40-50 pt Dman just entering his prime who can really handle the puck and work a PP(except this year). His young age, and low cap hit, long term contract, are also big bonuses.
He is actually quite solid defensively, not like a McAvoy/Fox level shutdown guy but not like Tyson Barrie. Serviceable in his own end for sure, can play all situations

Ledge And Dairy

Lindgren
Jones
2 nyr 1sts
Strome at half
Georgiev

for

NY goes youth for youth
D will be
Chych - Fox
KAM - Trouba
Nils L - Schneider

Bern, no offense but you are out to lunch on Mars if you think Arizona would ever consider retaining on Chychrun

grentthealien

Oct 2, 2016
Newfoundland
What is going on in Arizona? Did Jakob request a trade? It feels like they have given away every single player they have within the last year and a half lol

I get that they’re rebuilding but big 23 year old potential top paring D-men don’t grow on trees. Why not keep him to lead your group of high draft picks in the next few years and build a decent core?

Reactions: PainForShane

Ledge And Dairy

What is going on in Arizona? Did Jakob request a trade? It feels like they have given away every single player they have within the last year and a half lol

I get that they’re rebuilding but big 23 year old potential top paring D-men don’t grow on trees. Why not keep him to lead your group of high draft picks in the next few years and build a decent core?
Signed for 3 more years after this, if their rebuild takes 3+ years then he could just jump ship before they even get off the ground

Reactions: Curufinwe

Anthony5967

Dec 24, 2015
Strong Island, NY
Colorado? Jost/Compher+Byram+Kaut+1st+2nd? Colorado would have some team at that point. Strong on the blueline, and strong up front. Only question mark that remains is in net.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad