Pre-Game Talk: Chipchee Redeemed

Status
Not open for further replies.

yukoner88

Dec 16, 2009
Dawson City, YT
game four I barbecued steak after the win. Game five I barbecued steak after the win. Game six I barbecued steak after the win. Got the lucky Alberta beef for game seven . Would have done an entire brisket Monday if it wasn’t for damn work.View attachment 885961

Show us pictures of the grill marks after, you glorious bastard you

KeithIsActuallyBad

You thrust your pelvis, huh!
Apr 12, 2010
Calgary
I f***ing love this one and farewell to the 2011 playoffs stands out as well with One by U2 as the song. They had an incredible montage guy who they let go when they moved to Sportsnet and the quality dipped tremendously for a bit. Either they hired him back or got someone new because they're back to being really good.
Yeah the 2010 one is a personal favourite of mine. It's tremendous.

Reactions: EchoesoftheEighties

Satire

Nov 20, 2016
I could see them starting a different goalie in game 7. With the way our luck is vs back up goalies I'm not sure whether or not that's a good thing...

Lay Z Boy GM

Sep 8, 2010
Vancouver

CrazyJoeDavola

Jun 17, 2011
Vancouver
Screenshot 2024-06-23 130931.png

anyone know what brand hat this is that leon always wears?

GrumpyKoala

Aug 11, 2020

Ritchie Valens

Sep 24, 2007
I could see them starting a different goalie in game 7. With the way our luck is vs back up goalies I'm not sure whether or not that's a good thing...
The only way Bobrovsky is not starting is if there was some dire family emergency or a severe injury where he couldn’t skate. I think it’s just media hype, unless he got injured on the Hyman breakaway goal.

Ritchie Valens

Sep 24, 2007
View attachment 885985

anyone know what brand hat this is that leon always wears?
It looks like a souvenir hat from the Space Needle or Calgary Tower :laugh:. So I looked to see what towers are in Germany… my guess is it’s this, right from home in Cologne. It’s the Colonius Tower.

IMG_0704.jpeg

Credit to @Duder54 for calling it before me😁.

Last edited:

Lay Z Boy GM

Sep 8, 2010
Vancouver
In a little over 24 hours we will witness the boys hoist Stanley!!!

Oilers fans will drown out the swamp creatures in their own building

Tkachuk will cry

Bennett will cry

Bobrovsky will cry

Maurice will cry

Barkov will wonder wtf he’s playing with these clowns

Lay Z Boy GM

Sep 8, 2010
Vancouver
That's what us fans thought but the players, coaches & management knew it was a 1 year thing.

I will also never replace my cat avatar.
I never heard that before. There were lots of rentals but Pronger signed long term with us. Did the org know before that he wouldn’t stay?

I was a big Pronger fan before we even got him, loved watching him with Al Macinnis. Was so pumped that we signed him.

Ritchie Valens

Sep 24, 2007
You a smart motherf***er
I may or may not have worked in a law enforcement capacity for over 20 years before resigning two years ago to get out of that nonsense it has become. So for me it’s still just connecting the dots :D. It was either something from his homeland or he was low-key trolling the city of Calgary, which I could see Leon doing too :laugh:.

Thank you for the compliment though-lol.

Last edited:

soothsayer

Oct 27, 2009
Prime Hasek himself wouldn't beat this Oilers team alone. The Panthers, to a man, are going to need to play the game of their lives to stop this Oilers team of destiny.

Reactions: Lay Z Boy GM

HockeyGuy1964

Oct 7, 2013
I never heard that before. There were lots of rentals but Pronger signed long term with us. Did the org know before that he wouldn’t stay?

I was a big Pronger fan before we even got him, loved watching him with Al Macinnis. Was so pumped that we signed him.
Pronger asked for a trade in January.
He was promised by Lowe they would oblige after the season.

Zerotonine

Apr 23, 2017
This is the game that Connors takes his legacy to new heights. I just don't see a man of his talents being so close and litterally not taking over....

The only thing that scares me is the refs pur the whistles away and it's no holds bar hockey. Think that type of game will benefit Florida dearly

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad