Value of: Chiarot to Calgary for Pelletier

• PLEASE check any bookmark on all devices. IF you see a link pointing to mandatory.com DELETE it Please use this URL https://forums.hfboards.com/
Status
Not open for further replies.

pth2

Jan 7, 2018
They won't fork over Pelletier just for an extra couple picks. I don't blame Hughes for asking for him, but they're not getting him.
I suspect Calgary won't be getting Chiarot, if the lack of enthusiasm here reflects anything about the confidence fans have in their team.

pth2

Jan 7, 2018
LMAO, yeah maybe not Montreal's 1st rounder this year. But man to say he doesn't have the upside of a "1st rounder" is troll af. Anyone with a brain would take Pelletier over even 2 late 1st round scratch tickets
Well, when 3 years after being drafted a guy is still in the AHL, that means he isn't a Pastrnak-type home run. That home-run upside is what isn't present with Pelletier, at this point.

Bond

May 10, 2012
I suspect Calgary won't be getting Chiarot, if the lack of enthusiasm here reflects anything about the confidence fans have in their team.
Lol Chiarot isn't going to be the difference maker on the Flames. You just are just sad the rumour doesn't make sense. For a #2C or actual top pairing D I'd have no issues trading Pelletier

Some Other Flame

Dec 4, 2010
The original info comes from Pierre Lebrun, though, so it does have some basis in reality. This isn't just fans on twitter making stuff up.
Still not a rumor.

That Treliving like Chiarot and the Habs like Pelletier are simple enough facts. But there's no indication, not even from Lebrun, that the Flames are at all inclined to move Pelletier or that they'd move him for Chiarot of all players.

As for Hughes, he can ask for the moon all he wants, doesn't mean he'll get . Hard to see any of the Flames top prospects (Pelletier, Wolf, Coronado, Zary) get moved for rentals.

Ledge And Dairy

No issues here with that, Chiarot is just a worse version of Zadorov, not sure how that is a "confidence" issue with the team, Calgary will be significantly better next season with Pelletier playing on Backlund and Coleman's wing, Chiarot is a solid #7 on the Flames for the playoffs but #7's can be acquired for a 4th/5th

• Haha
Reactions: jfhabs

Ledge And Dairy

Well, when 3 years after being drafted a guy is still in the AHL, that means he isn't a Pastrnak-type home run. That home-run upside is what isn't present with Pelletier, at this point.
What do you mean "still in the AHL" he's literally never played in the AHL until this year because of how the CHL rules work.

pth2

Jan 7, 2018
No issues here with that, Chiarot is just a worse version of Zadorov, not sure how that is a "confidence" issue with the team, Calgary will be significantly better next season with Pelletier playing on Backlund and Coleman's wing, Chiarot is a solid #7 on the Flames for the playoffs but #7's can be acquired for a 4th/5th
I meant that if fans had confidence that this team might have the potential for a run, getting an added top-4 might make sense, even if the price hurt.
Then again, you see a top-4 D as a 7th, so I have to assume management sees thing differently.

Bond

May 10, 2012
He doesn't need to have Pastrnak value to have more upside than first rounders. Have you ever looked at the odds of a first round pick busting, they are still pretty high

Reactions: Bluenotes27

Garbageyuk

Dec 19, 2016
Lol there is no way this is happening. If Treliving does this, he should be fired on the spot.

The price for Chiarot should be a 1st and a B prospect. Considering the Habs already have Calgary’s 1st, something else would need to be worked out.

I hope Calgary does acquire Chiarot though because I think he could really help them.

pth2

Jan 7, 2018
What do you mean "still in the AHL" he's literally never played in the AHL until this year because of how the CHL rules work.
Some players, the guys with high-end talent, can go straight to the NHL, right after being drafted, or after 1 additional Junior season, or after 2.

Bond

May 10, 2012
I meant that if fans had confidence that this team might have the potential for a run, getting an added top-4 might make sense, even if the price hurt.
Then again, you see a top-4 D as a 7th, so I have to assume management sees thing differently.
He's not a top 4 D on the Flames. He is a wash against the bottom pairing. He'd be fine if they got him cheap I guess

zar

Bleed Blue
Sponsor
Oct 9, 2010
Edmonton AB
Stop saying it's a Habs fake rumors Pierre Lebrun straight up said it on live tv tonight that Habs asked for Pelletier in return of Chiarot. He also said that the Flames refuses to move Pelletier so either they find another way to make it work or Chairot won't end up in Calgary unless they agree let Pelletier go last minute.
... or the Habs take some thing lesser than Pelletier for Chiarot.

Last edited:

Bond

May 10, 2012
Some players, the guys with high-end talent, can go straight to the NHL, right after being drafted, or after 1 additional Junior season, or after 2.
Name 5 late first rounders to do so lol

Some Other Flame

Dec 4, 2010
I suspect Calgary won't be getting Chiarot, if the lack of enthusiasm here reflects anything about the confidence fans have in their team.. I doubt you'll find a single Flames here or virtually anywhere that even wants Chiarot. Treliving preoccupation with is bewildering given he'd be a healthy scratch on the Flames.

lol like Chiarot would be any kind of difference. He'd be a healthy scratch on the Flames.

zar

Bleed Blue
Sponsor
Oct 9, 2010
Edmonton AB
I really don't see this happening. The Flames, overall, love to put time into developing players. Sometimes too much time, and they don't give those players opportunities soon enough. They generally do not give up on guys they've invested time into though.

Also the last thing the Flames need is another shut down dman. If anything, the flames need a pp point dman and an upgrade at centre.

Makes zero sense and I'll be quite upset if this goes down.
... did someone say they need a PP dman? How flexible are you on the "defense" part of Dman? ;)🤣

Ledge And Dairy

Ok and? Calgary has no reason to rush his development, you are trying to undermine a guy dominating the AHL because Calgary has decided to let him develop as a rookie in the AHL instead of rushing him.

pth2

Jan 7, 2018
Name 5 late first rounders to do so lol
1) Why late first-rounders ? Draft rank means nothing once you're drafted.
2) Go have fun on hockeydb on your own. We all know it happens. Pastrnak, Zegras, Newhook, Suzuki, Caufield are 5 off the top of my head who made the NHL faster.

pth2

Jan 7, 2018
Ok and? Calgary has no reason to rush his development, you are trying to undermine a guy dominating the AHL because Calgary has decided to let him develop as a rookie in the AHL instead of rushing him.
Not so much undermine as frame properly.... guys who develop properly can have great careers, but they usually aren't the very high-end guys. That high-end potential (of, say, a Pastrnak, or a Pacioretty) likely isn't there when a team trades for a player in his D+3 season.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad