LeBrun: Chiarot likely to be dealt and return a 1st round pick

• PLEASE check any bookmark on all devices. IF you see a link pointing to mandatory.com DELETE it Please use this URL https://forums.hfboards.com/

Habs Halifax

Loyal Habs Fan
Jul 11, 2016
East Coast
I will say this .. As an Oilers fan , with season tickets to the Jets .. I have watched alot of big Ben .. I would not pay a first for him .. a second and a B prospect is the most I feel he is worth ..
Point two.. PLB has a trash track record on calling trades .. I do understand that Montreal is setting the price high at a 1st now.. most likely expecting a couple seconds .. but hoping for a 1st plus

I do not want to pay that for him .. but at the same time if all avenues have been explored.. I also would not be mad if we did pay it

If you think Chiarot is the same player he was over 3 years ago now, you don't know what you are talking about. Chiarot was blocked on the Jets D from extra minutes when they had Big Buff and Trouba. With Montreal, he had oppertunity to play more and the results speak for themselves. You really need to go back and watch the playoff series wins against the Pens, Leafs, Jets, Knights. Chiarot was a huge part of our team D and many people have noticed it as well. Open your eyes.

Is he worth a 1st? Not sure but he will be a target my many teams and some may steer clear of the 1st price tag. Supply/Demand always sets the price.

covfefe

Zoltan Poszar's Burner
Feb 5, 2014
Yes, you are like only the 7th person saying that. Not like Savard's career-best is 36 points to Chiarot's 21, for example. The important thing is he CAN put up more points. Alright alright, I get it now. Should have also added intangibles though, idk.

Not like Joe Thornton's career best is 114 points to Sebastian Aho's 83, for example. The important thing is he CAN put up more points.

Savard is cooked. You clearly haven't watched him play lately, or you'd realize you are talking about someone whose best days are well behind him.

And I loathe watching Chiarot play, guy is good for one delay of game every 40 mins played, or so.

TFHockey

The CEO of 7-8-0
May 16, 2014
Edmonton
GMs often overpay at the deadline if they think they're close. A 1st for Chairot is an overpayment, but it isn't impossible the Habs get that for him. I hope Holland doesn't throw away a 1st for a player like Chiarot, but uses it in a package for someone much better.

Reactions: north49er

General Fanager

Feb 2, 2010
Chambly, Qc
If he's worth a 1st round pick, Tyler Myers should get you two 1st round picks.

At 6 million for 2 more years I disagree.

Chiarot makes half the money and The Habs can retain 50% of that.

so Chiarot at 1.75 is way more valuable. Especially after other GMs saw how he played in last years playoffs.

Reactions: pth2

Michel Beauchamp

Canadiens' fan since 1958
Mar 17, 2008
Laval, Qc
I feel dirty for sticking up for a Habs player, but he was -6; 16 is the number of penalty minutes he accrued (which is kind of a joke in itself given his crosscheck/minute rate in the playoffs).

-6 is not great off course, but keep in mind that he was the defensive matchup dman going against the first lines.
He meant in the regular season

Habs Halifax

Loyal Habs Fan
Jul 11, 2016
East Coast
GMs often overpay at the deadline if they think they're close. A 1st for Chairot is an overpayment, but it isn't impossible the Habs get that for him. I hope Holland doesn't throw away a 1st for a player like Chiarot, but uses it in a package for someone much better.

A very fair statement. I respect it. Others can learn from the context you provided in both Chiarot's value due to supply/demand and how you see the Oilers managing their 1st if they trade it.

Thread title is not accurate. Lebrun said Chiarot is a target many teams have circled cause they believe he will be traded at the deadline and he said he "could" return a 1st. I have Chiarot's value set at two 2nd's personally. I think he is a real rock and steps up his game in the playoffs which is valuable but not 100% sure he gets a 1st. Possible but guess work.

Reactions: TFHockey

Captain97

Jan 31, 2017
Toronto, Ontario
I wonder if the Rangers would be on a package of say Chairot @50% + Lehkonen since they seem to want a middle six forward and are prime for some playoff time.

Kravstov + 2nd for both?

Combined cap hit of this is 4.15 million.

japhi

Jul 7, 2014
I wonder if the Rangers would be on a package of say Chairot @50% + Lehkonen since they seem to want a middle six forward and are prime for some playoff time.

Kravstov + 2nd for both?

Combined cap hit of this is 4.15 million.
I also think it could be two players moving. Montreal will have extra forwards and I could see a guy like Perreault being included for forward depth to the acquiring team.

Jimmyjets

Oct 22, 2014
If you think Chiarot is the same player he was over 3 years ago now, you don't know what you are talking about. Chiarot was blocked on the Jets D from extra minutes when they had Big Buff and Trouba. With Montreal, he had oppertunity to play more and the results speak for themselves. You really need to go back and watch the playoff series wins against the Pens, Leafs, Jets, Knights. Chiarot was a huge part of our team D and many people have noticed it as well. Open your eyes.

Is he worth a 1st? Not sure but he will be a target my many teams and some may steer clear of the 1st price tag. Supply/Demand always sets the price.

You're wrong about his time with the Jets. Chiarot is a left handed D and wasn't blocked by anyone. For us he was only serviceable when he was paired with Buff because he would just go D to D on the breakout. Otherwise he was an icing machine. He did look serviceable with the Habs too as long as he was paired with Webber from what I can tell. Now that he is not paired with an elite player to help carry him the cracks show.

Just my 2 cents that if you have an elite RHD to play him with, he will be useful. If you don't, he won't be so buyer beware.

Giving up a 1st for a D that needs to be carried a bit is ambitious but it all comes down to supply and demand.

If I had to guess about Left Handed D that may be available at the deadline in addition to Chiarot my list would include guys like:

- Giordano
- Leddy
- Lindholm
- DeKeyser
- Butcher
- Edler

So IMO it's going to be a bit of a buyers market for rental left Dmen. I realistically try for Gio and Lindholm before I go Chiarot.

If you guys can get a 1st for him than good for you, I just don't see it myself.

Colezuki

Apr 27, 2009
Toronto
You're wrong about his time with the Jets. Chiarot is a left handed D and wasn't blocked by anyone. For us he was only serviceable when he was paired with Buff because he would just go D to D on the breakout. Otherwise he was an icing machine. He did look serviceable with the Habs too as long as he was paired with Webber from what I can tell. Now that he is not paired with an elite player to help carry him the cracks show.

Just my 2 cents that if you have an elite RHD to play him with, he will be useful. If you don't, he won't be so buyer beware.

Giving up a 1st for a D that needs to be carried a bit is ambitious but it all comes down to supply and demand.

If I had to guess about Left Handed D that may be available at the deadline in addition to Chiarot my list would include guys like:

- Giordano
- Leddy
- Lindholm
- DeKeyser
- Butcher
- Edler

So IMO it's going to be a bit of a buyers market for rental left Dmen. I realistically try for Gio and Lindholm before I go Chiarot.

If you guys can get a 1st for him than good for you, I just don't see it myself.

big difference between all those guys and Chariot is what Chariot did less then 6 months ago in the playoffs vs. the guys you listed not doing much over the last couple of years.

jfhabs

May 21, 2015
Happy to say we already have atleast 2 both are great skaters in Guhle and Romanov (I know he ain't 6'3, but he is a tank) and Maybe Mailloux the guy is 6'5. I'd like to grab Jiricek this draft and have a future potential top 4 of

Guhle (6'2/6'3) - Jiricek (6'3)
Romanov (6'0) - Mailloux (6'5)

And they can all skate.
Mailloux is 6'5 now!!?
Size isn't everything, I'd gladly take a guy like Heiskenen or Makar over any of these bigger guys. But yes, I like the prospect of having big guys that are hard to play against.

overlords

#DefundCBC
Aug 16, 2008
The City
Happy to say we already have atleast 2 both are great skaters in Guhle and Romanov (I know he ain't 6'3, but he is a tank) and Maybe Mailloux the guy is 6'5. I'd like to grab Jiricek this draft and have a future potential top 4 of

Guhle (6'2/6'3) - Jiricek (6'3)
Romanov (6'0) - Mailloux (6'5)

And they can all skate.

Sleeping on Xhekaj :shakehead

The kitchener website lists him at 6'3.5 204, eliteprospects 6'4 225 :eek:

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad