LeBrun: Chiarot likely to be dealt and return a 1st round pick

• PLEASE check any bookmark on all devices. IF you see a link pointing to mandatory.com DELETE it Please use this URL https://forums.hfboards.com/

ole ole

Oct 7, 2017
-27 in the last two years and 14 points. Be lucky if he gets bought out.
Lucky to get bought out . :facepalm: It's what he brings a team for a playoff run. Soon another 1st incoming to the Habs.

General Fanager

Feb 2, 2010
Chambly, Qc

Sweetpotato

Jan 10, 2014
Edmonton
All I want in the return is an unprotected 2023 1st. Whichever teams offer that first I'd accept.

Hopefully Gorton is able to get more but I think I value an unprotected 2023 1st over a guaranteed late 1st + 2nd

There is absolutely no chance anyone trades that pick with no protection. Tampa wouldn't trade that pick with no protection.

John Mandalorian

2022 Avs: The First Dance
Nov 29, 2018
There are only going to be so many firsts traded at the deadline. Giroux and maybe several others are likely to get them. So Montreal better trade him early.

Scintillating10

Jun 15, 2012
Nova Scotia
There are only going to be so many firsts traded at the deadline. Giroux and maybe several others are likely to get them. So Montreal better trade him early.
I think the Habs will acquire multiple first at deadline. Chiarot and maybe deal Toffoli also. Petry at 50% retained they will offer but don't know if he gets a first back?

John Mandalorian

2022 Avs: The First Dance
Nov 29, 2018
I think the Habs will acquire multiple first at deadline. Chiarot and maybe deal Toffoli also. Petry at 50% retained they will offer but don't know if he gets a first back?

How many teams will potentially trading their firsts? Then how many other sellers will there be? It's very possible that there will be more players available then there are firsts. So it kind of becomes a game of musical chairs.

Reactions: McDonald19

ole ole

Oct 7, 2017
I do agree there's only going to be a few 1st available. Hopefully someone bites and he's traded for a 1st unless the rumors going around are true that multiple have an interest and we get a + added on to that 1st.

MrNasty

Jun 13, 2007
Nova Scotia
Not surprised TML fans keep saying Chiarot is nothing more than a depth guy. These are fans that forget every year what happened to their team just months earlier, year after year. They should ask Matthews and Marner how useless Chiarot was last July.

DEANYOUNGBLOOD17

May 10, 2011

They should start by trading that centre Dvorak for a 1 st……. Wait!!!!…… who in their right mind would trade a 1 st for Dvorak!

admiralcadillac

Oct 22, 2017
In terms of what the likely delta between what pundits say he will return and what he probably will return? Yes.

clearly they are two different types of players… but there is history for the Chiarot type (or even better than him) going for a couple seconds at a deadline (Boychuk, Douglas Murray, Nick Leddy, etc). And I brought up Vanek solely because in that year it was a no doubter from the media that he was the top forward rental option and he was returning a first. And then he went for a fraction of that.

I think the first and second paragraphs in your post contradict one another. Name a better dman on the market than Chiarot. Klingberg?

jfhabs

May 21, 2015
On contending teams chiarot is a 3rd pair lhd. 2nd at best if you consider Edmonton a contender

Do 3rd pairing d get 1sts? I'd be surprised
You acquire him for a 3rd pair, but he's also a possible replacement if one of your top4 guys. If youre making past 1+ rounds, chances are you'll need to rest your top guys and/or they'll have injures.

Reactions: Schooner Guy

Scintillating10

Jun 15, 2012
Nova Scotia
How many teams will potentially trading their firsts? Then how many other sellers will there be? It's very possible that there will be more players available then there are firsts. So it kind of becomes a game of musical chairs.
I think Habs may take one in '23. Since they had either the '33rd or '34th pick in 2nd round also. Gives them 4 picks in top 34.

Chiarot will return a first going by return in Savard trade. Maybe a throw in if Montreal retains. Toffoli definitely returns a first. Maybe 2 firsts if Montreal retains half. Or first and solid prospect. Petry at 3 million cap, 50% retained should bring another first. Albeit in 2023.

Lil Sebastian Cossa

Opinions are share are my own personal opinions.
Jul 6, 2012
Every NHL Insider: Chiarot is going to get a first round pick.

HF Boards posters: No this well informed professional is wrong.

NHL insiders get shit wrong all the time, bud. But nice appeal to authority.

I'll believe that a team will surrender a first for Ben Chiarot over any other options available at the TDL when I see it. Teams value 1sts like gold now. This isn't the early cap era when you were shipping a 1st and more for Paul Gaustad.

Reactions: egelband

ole ole

Oct 7, 2017
NHL insiders get shit wrong all the time, bud. But nice appeal to authority.

I'll believe that a team will surrender a first for Ben Chiarot over any other options available at the TDL when I see it. Teams value 1sts like gold now. This isn't the early cap era when you were shipping a 1st and more for Paul Gaustad.
Ya sure. I guess you don't remember any 1st going last season? Oh that's right last season is now considered the early cap era. :laugh:

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad