LeBrun: Chiarot likely to be dealt and return a 1st round pick

• PLEASE check any bookmark on all devices. IF you see a link pointing to mandatory.com DELETE it Please use this URL https://forums.hfboards.com/

Moose and Squirrel

Jan 15, 2021
Friedman reporting that St-Louis GM confirmed him they would be willing to move a 1st for Chairot.

Some folks over here starting to get a bit nervous?

Lebrun saying 6 teams are showing major interest.
would have to imagine if it's really STL offering this, it's a 1st+Scandella.. maybe throw a 3rd in as well

I know it'd be odd for Scanny to be going back to MTL, but would have to imagine it's his spot that want Chariot for

ottawa

Nov 7, 2012
Orléans/Toronto
Any cup contending team will gladly throw a 1st at Chiarot. The guy is dependable, eats big minutes, lays big hits and can hold it down against almost any 1st line.

He's built for the playoffs, just ask Toronto, Winnipeg or Vegas.

Hell, even ask Tampa (31 hits, 9 blocks, 1g and 1a in 5 games)

Moose and Squirrel

Jan 15, 2021
Source? I saw he said a team like STL should be interested
ah... this makes more sense. Army is usually frugal with his high draft picks... but like I said, if Scandella is attached to it, I could see that.. but it'd prolly be a 2023 pick

bleedblue1223

Jan 21, 2011
Friedman reporting that St-Louis GM confirmed him they would be willing to move a 1st for Chairot.

Some folks over here starting to get a bit nervous?

Lebrun saying 6 teams are showing major interest.
We are 100% interested as LHD is probably our only area that needs an upgrade, but Army doesn't tell the media these things, so he has 100% not confirmed that he'd trade a 1st for Chiarot. He might make that trade, but he hasn't told anyone he would. And with how strong our forwards are this year, I would expect Army to be more aggressive in trades.

Qwijibo

Dec 1, 2014
I agree for the most part. I think teams look to ask to talk to Chiarot in a sign/trade if they give up a 1st. Not much talk about that but I think it will be something other GM's consider
Sign and trades almost never happen. People on here talk about them like they’re common place. They aren’t. The other team may be given permission to talk desl with the player prior to the trade. But actual sign and trades happen once in a blue moon. Regardless. With a deal in place Chiarot gets a 1st +. He’ll get a 1st without one

TheFinalWord

Apr 25, 2005
I think he could return a first. I don't think that any GM will tell a reporter that he would give a first for a player AND be OK with the reporter stating it. I think quite often these insiders know more than they can release, but know enough to be vague. When was the last time an insider quoted a specific GM and stated something this specific?

Reactions: Kurtz

Doc5

Aug 8, 2012
From my experience, in situations such as these, we often see the return be worse than what we expect. So I am not going to get my hopes up. Maybe a second and a B prospect.

ah... this makes more sense. Army is usually frugal with his high draft picks... but like I said, if Scandella is attached to it, I could see that.. but it'd prolly be a 2023 pick

Honestly, from a Habs perspective, that would be ideal. 2023 is shaping up to have some elite level talent in the top 3-4.

Kobe Armstrong

Jul 26, 2011
All I want in the return is an unprotected 2023 1st. Whichever teams offer that first I'd accept.

Hopefully Gorton is able to get more but I think I value an unprotected 2023 1st over a guaranteed late 1st + 2nd

Moose and Squirrel

Jan 15, 2021
From my experience, in situations such as these, we often see the return be worse than what we expect. So I am not going to get my hopes up. Maybe a second and a B prospect.

Honestly, from a Habs perspective, that would be ideal. 2023 is shaping up to have some elite level talent in the top 3-4.
top 3-4 rounds?

Moose and Squirrel

Jan 15, 2021
sorry meant top 3-4 picks, so stock piling 2023 picks would increase the odds of hitting on one was what I meant

Definitely not knowledgeable enough about the draft to predict the top 3-4 rounds lol
lol gotcha

unless something goes TURRIBLY wrong, STL's pick won't be close to that.. or even in the lottery

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad