LeBrun: Chiarot likely to be dealt and return a 1st round pick

• PLEASE check any bookmark on all devices. IF you see a link pointing to mandatory.com DELETE it Please use this URL https://forums.hfboards.com/

The Great Weal

Phil's Pizza
Jan 15, 2015
Hey you,

unclesam3-jpeg.121762

Yeah YOU!

Are you a fan of a team looking to take the next step in the playoffs?

Do you find your team choking at the worst possible moments?

Is your team lacking in veteran leadership and playoff-style warriors?

Even if you're not a Leafs fan, have I got the deal for you!

Let me introduce you to the ultimate in luxury Defensemen, Ben Chiarot.

View attachment 489636

- Cannon slapper.
- Booming hits.
- Got a Tkachuk problem? Not anymore.
- Glue guy, might as well call him Elmers.
- Eats pucks for breakfast, goalies love him - shooters hate him.
- Has more playoff games than McDavid and Matthews combined.
- Is in the prime of his career.

Now you're probably thinking, well that's great Canadienna, but I don't want to give up the 3 first-round picks it would take to get him.

Well you would be WRONG! For a limited time only, this one of a kind player can be yours for the low low price of a Lottery protected first round pick!

Call now as supplies are limited and don't miss out on this once in a lifetime opportunity.

Terms and Conditions apply. Product malfunction or false advertising claims will not result in refund.
Hes also super handsome

Reactions: Canadienna

ottawa

Nov 7, 2012
Orléans/Toronto
that hockey30 dude's latest rumour is Holland offering a 2nd and 3rd in 2023 for chiarot

No chance Chiarot goes for that little...the man is an absolute lock for a 1st, no question about it.

We got a 2nd rd pick + a conditional 4th for Marco f***ing Scandella 2 yrs ago lol, a 6th defenseman and people are trying to make me believe Chairot isnt worth at least a 1st? Yeah ok...

Thank you. People here acting like they know more than actual NHL front office staff lmao.

Oddbob

Jan 21, 2016
I think he will bring a late 1st, but it isn't guaranteed. Could easily be a 2nd + a prospect.

Reactions: malcb33

JustAHabFan

Apr 8, 2008
he has. but he's reporting an offer, which i would think Gorton has refused
If the Habs rejected a 2nd+3rd offer, it would mean they wanted a 1st. If a 2nd+3rd offer came this early, the Habs, for sure, will get a 1st near the deadline.

Demon Wolf

Feb 22, 2013
I’m curious what kind of deal he’ll get in the summer . I bet he gets overpaid for sure. Especially if he gets in with a contender that does well in the playoffs .

I am also not sure how well his physical style is going to age. He isn't very fast but he has a surprisingly quick first few strides.

Fatass

Apr 17, 2017
If the Habs rejected a 2nd+3rd offer, it would mean they wanted a 1st. If a 2nd+3rd offer came this early, the Habs, for sure, will get a 1st near the deadline.
Might depend on the team offering up the picks. If it’s a team like Florida, the first is likely mid to late 20’s. A second and a third from a bubble playoff team might be preferred.

Reactions: Habs Halifax

Habs Halifax

Loyal Habs Fan
Jul 11, 2016
East Coast
that hockey30 dude's latest rumour is Holland offering a 2nd and 3rd in 2023 for chiarot

My price before the 1st rounder was thrown out there was two 2nd's. I think the Habs should wait it out cause the lower end of the return is still going to be solid if we don't get the 20+ 1st.

Habs Halifax

Loyal Habs Fan
Jul 11, 2016
East Coast
I am also not sure how well his physical style is going to age. He isn't very fast but he has a surprisingly quick first few strides.

His edge work and foot speed in the trenches is well above average. Look at the speed he had when he made that Hawks D afraid of his life! :laugh:.

There was another play against the Blues where he just shoves Scandella down to the ice and gave the Habs a odd man rush. Chiarot is very underrated

Habs Halifax

Loyal Habs Fan
Jul 11, 2016
East Coast
I’m curious what kind of deal he’ll get in the summer . I bet he gets overpaid for sure. Especially if he gets in with a contender that does well in the playoffs .

He's 31 next year and I think he will be after term. If someone offers him solid term (4 years lets say), I think he considers team fit, chance to win, and a fair AAV.

I also think the sign/trade with Chiarot is something that might be considered at this deadline

Tripledeke333

Jun 25, 2021
I’m a Habs fan and like Chariot. Though, IMO, a 1st is an overpayment.

However, the trade market is the trade market, and it sounds like the Habs will likely get a first.

Habs Halifax

Loyal Habs Fan
Jul 11, 2016
East Coast
I’m a Habs fan and like Chariot. Though, IMO, a 1st is an overpayment.

However, the trade market is the trade market, and it sounds like the Habs will likely get a first.

I agree for the most part. I think teams look to ask to talk to Chiarot in a sign/trade if they give up a 1st. Not much talk about that but I think it will be something other GM's consider

Goldenhands

Slaf_The_Great
Sponsor
Aug 21, 2016
Friedman reporting that St-Louis GM confirmed him they would be willing to move a 1st for Chairot.

Some folks over here starting to get a bit nervous?

Lebrun saying 6 teams are showing major interest.

Gustave

Feb 15, 2007
Here
Any team that gets him will be very surprised at the quality of his first pass. I won’t say he’s an effective puck mover when he decides he’s Bobby Orr (he does have those games/brain cramps) but when he stays within his limits, he does a good job with that first pass.

He can play top 4 effectively and will bring toughness. He won’t put your team in trouble with stupid roughing penalties. He gets more and more leeway from the refs in the cross checking department, probably from getting the Weber aura.

You’ll love him in the playoffs I guarantee it.

Reactions: Prairie Habs

Junohockeyfan

Dec 16, 2018
Chiarot has a twin brother who steps up in the playoffs to dominate defensively and is mean and abusive. Meanwhile, his regular season twin is kinda meh defensively and meek. Its a tale of two Chiarots. One is a Sweet Chariot and the other is a broken down Chariot.

Anyone who gives up a 1st is gonna be happy and sad at the same time. A 2nd round pick is more likely.

AvroArrow

Mitch "The God" Marner
Jun 10, 2011
Toronto
Any team that gets him will be very surprised at the quality of his first pass. I won’t say he’s an effective puck mover when he decides he’s Bobby Orr (he does have those games/brain cramps) but when he stays within his limits, he does a good job with that first pass.

He can play top 4 effectively and will bring toughness. He won’t put your team in trouble with stupid roughing penalties. He gets more and more leeway from the refs in the cross checking department, probably from getting the Weber aura.

You’ll love him in the playoffs I guarantee it.

I absolutely hated playing against him last playoffs, which probably means he's good. Dubas should be in on this, we have a big hole on our 2nd pairing, if he's available you gotta make an attempt for him. 1st + Holl (cap reasons) + 3rd for Chiarot with some retention ? While he doesn't have a right shot, he has good size and I love his physicality. Addresses a major concern for us. Top 4 of Rielly - Brodie, Muzzin - Chiarot would be pretty decent. We need to give our core the best chance, I don't know if a more suitable D-man is going to be available.

Junohockeyfan

Dec 16, 2018
I absolutely hated playing against him last playoffs, which probably means he's good. Dubas should be in on this, we have a big hole on our 2nd pairing, if he's available you gotta make an attempt for him. 1st + Holl (cap reasons) + 3rd for Chiarot with some retention ? While he doesn't have a right shot, he has good size and I love his physicality. Addresses a major concern for us. Top 4 of Rielly - Brodie, Muzzin - Chiarot would be pretty decent. We need to give our core the best chance, I don't know if a more suitable D-man is going to be available.
You played him last playoffs? You Johnny Tavares?

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad